How dumb Xbox Fanboys are ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u4kmlMBrP8

Too bad he disabled the comments. They would have been golden :roll: ...

Fanboys of any sort are dumb. Brand loyalty towards anything other than soft drinks ( :yes: ) is purely idiotic.

Coca-cola in a bottle, pepsi in the can.

Dr Pepper in a Keg (Y)

Waterfall made of Sprite.

:drool:

I still haven't picked up a 360, so unless by some miracle Microsoft takes all of SONY's exclusives, I don't see myself ever picking up an XBOX ONE.

(that name is still retarded)

I wonder how come console graphics arent scalable the way pc graphics are.

A low grade pc can play a game, and a high end pc can play a game. It will generally look a lot better. However,

If a lower spec console can play a game, and the higher spec console plays the same game, it only looks as good as the less powerful console.

Also, i dont think this generation of gaming will feel like as big of a jump between ps2 to ps3

I wonder how come console graphics arent scalable the way pc graphics are.

A low grade pc can play a game, and a high end pc can play a game. It will generally look a lot better. However,

If a lower spec console can play a game, and the higher spec console plays the same game, it only looks as good as the less powerful console.

Also, i dont think this generation of gaming will feel like as big of a jump between ps2 to ps3

I agree, they should upscale multi-platform games for the PS4, to take advantage of the extra power.

And yeah, the graphical jump from this generation to the next ( PS3-PS4/ Xbox 360-Xbox One ) won't be as impressive as last generations jump. But I can guarantee that the Open World games will be better than they have ever been ( bigger, and more interactive ).

This week, developers are saying the PS4 is actually 50% faster than the xbOne... Whatever that means.

I'm left wondering, in what units do they measure the "speed" of a console? :huh: Jigawatts?

This week, developers are saying the PS4 is actually 50% faster than the xbOne... Whatever that means.

I'm left wondering, in what units do they measure the "speed" of a console? :huh: Jigawatts?

gigahertz/flops.

not sure if anybody saw this but PROPER cooling. not lame passive to exhaust fan cooling.

iPhTQgAhk1rjU.jpg

Terraflops...

Xbox One does 1.23...

While the PS4 does a whopping 1.84!!!

xbox-one-playstation-4-specs.png?w=942

Well there's a lot more to it than "hurr higher number". it depends on the type of shader it's using, not to mention that'speak and contemporary games won't get anywhere close to that.

Is there a PS4 tear down yet?

You realize this is the Xbox One topic and that if you want to go talk about the PS4 it has a topic all to it's self, I'm sure you know that because you have got a full on chode for Playstation.

You can't talk about one without the other...

You realize this is the Xbox One topic and that if you want to go talk about the PS4 it has a topic all to it's self, I'm sure you know that because you have got a full on chode for Playstation.

You can't talk about one without the other...

I completely get that, but a lot of members are tired of his belligerent fanboying. Find me one actual post that contributes anything that isn't 100% PlayStation fanboying. Obviously everybody has their console preference but if you're really going to be an elitist/fanboying proud american go somewhere else. Honestly I missed the days where staff was stricter on fanboying, it's pointless end the end the games are going to play exactly the same on each console.

I'll just leave this here ~ http://www.ign.com/a...ompared-by-devs

Extract from Article ~ "A number of "high-level game development sources" have claimed the PlayStation 4 is around 50 percent faster than the Xbox One, with the difference being both "significant" and "obvious". [ END QUOTE ]

From Gamespot as well ~ http://au.gamespot.c...-report-6414431

Extract 1 ~ "Anonymous development sources say PlayStation 4 is up to 50 percent faster than the Xbox One in certain key areas."

Extract 2 ~ "Xbox One is weaker and it's a pain to use its ESRAM,” added another developer."

All information comes from an "Edge Online" Article ~ http://www.edge-onli...ne-performance/

Extract ~ "Our contacts have told us that memory reads on PS4 are 40-50 per cent quicker than Xbox One, and its ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit) is around 50 per cent faster. One basic example we were given suggested that without optimisation for either console, a platform-agnostic development build can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One."

Happy Days! :clap:

BlackSox: You fail to understand the implications of a "claim". Let me illustrate.

I hereby claim that I am a direct descendant of Christ. I can guzzle matzo ball soup through my nose -- balls and all. My eyebrows are under the command of the King of Sweden, who uses them to transmit anti-Semitic, lesbian meatloaf recipes to Stan Lee. I also claim that I ate out Joan Rivers behind a Mickey D's last week, yet still managed to keep my McDouble and fries down.

Do I speak the truth? Your call, sweetie.

I didn't know you knew anything about game or console design Gunny ( Unlike the Anonymous Devs in the Article ).

Thanks for your enlightening input. (Y)

Anonymous devs are... just that. Anonymous devs. Anybody can send these journalists "information" and they print it.

http://www.eurogamer...uction-hardware

"

Well-placed development sources have told Digital Foundry that the ESRAM embedded memory within the Xbox One processor is considerably more capable than Microsoft envisaged during pre-production of the console, with data throughput levels up to 88 per cent higher in the final hardware."

Oh look at that, ESRAM is "more capable" than they expected (Which I find difficult to believe that they didn't expect how well something would perform), all this from a "well placed development source"

You're throwing around buzzwords like water. I find it difficult to believe an "ALU" is going to be "fifty percent slower" when they have THE SAME CPU

"There would be zero advantage for MS to put GDDR5 in the X1 while using their chosen GPU, there is no advantage to having bandwidth available the chip can't use. The eSRAM allows the X1's GPU to operate at its maximum capacity. No one is saying that the maximum capacity is as high as the GPU on the PS4. However, a 32 ROP GPU can easily eat 150 - 160GB of bandwidth leaving the PS4 with an unusually small amount of memory bandwidth remaining for the CPU in that situation. "

Please learn the theory behind RAM and its practical uses.

Absolute dipshit. I find all this fanboying hilarious considering you lack basic knowledge of RAM, yet claim to "pc game" even though the steam link in your user info doesn't work

TBA on the external storage? I know PS4 has a user changeable HD but whats the hold up causing the TBA? OS must be finished by now.

For people in the US XBone makes a pretty sweet media centre, still remains to be seen if Netflix fee is inc in gold membership or if it has to be still (PSN users will have to pay, kinda sux). I wanna see what the tv deals will be like over here, ps4 was obviously tempting to me cause it's what most of my friends are buying but i mainly use consoles as media centers, and i can probably get some kind of android device that will be better than xbox and ps4

My Apple TV makes for a great media device, and despite the fact many here will be getting PS4, I'm not sure about my friends, and you ALWAYS meet new people in games. Xbox definetely seems to just offer a bit more. Biggest thing for me is party chat and I would like to see how PS4's compares to Xbox.