Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney1

GTA 3

A year from now is the ten-year anniversary of Vice City, maybe we'll get a Tommy figure, too. Then again, as awesome as Vice City was, it's really nothing compared to what GTA III did for R*, and the gaming industry as a whole.

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=RS-FIG-GTA3-CLAUDE&vSKU=RS-FIG-GTA3-CLAUDE

Worth every penny.

I'm a cheap bastard, so the fact that I actually payed $170.42 (after shipping and tax) says just how much GTA III means to me. Shame it doesn't come packaged with GTA III for PC, though. I've wanted to replay it all week, but my PS2 took its last breath ages ago.

I held off on buying the Kubrick sets, but I couldn't resist this.

Yeah same here. I never really wanted the kubrick figures that bad. I think it's because they were stylized version of GTA, and never really felt that official to me. This Claude model though, i will treasure in my glass display cabinet.

I really do hope they do a Vice City one next year too!

I'd so laugh if one of us won one of the competition ones too... i wouldn't know what to do with it.

I'd either sell one, or put it in the prison uniform and display both of them. Or maybe I'd take advantage of having an expendable version and start working on a stop-motion GTA III movie...

Cool.

I think i'll wear this one. :mellow: (not GTA III, but retro enough around these parts)

I wonder how different III will look on the tablet pc's... they should be better graphically than the PC version if you think about it.

Hmm, i dunno if this is actual footage from the tablet pcs or just pc version. but i did find this which was uploaded friday evening which was the start of comic con NYC

skip to 2:19.

Hmm, i dunno if this is actual footage from the tablet pcs or just pc version. but i did find this which was uploaded friday evening which was the start of comic con NYC

skip to 2:19.

Probably the PC version. People would be going nuts if it was footage from the portable version.

The way phones are now, I don't see why the mobile version couldn't look close or equal to the PC version.

They either added outfits to the mobile version, or it was a modded PC version, because Claude was wearing a different outfit.

Guest Marney1

I didn't actually get to play it until the middle of 2002, wasn't even in my own country at the time but it took most of my spare time up when I did get home. Just remember thinking - "I dreamt this game up years ago and now someone's made it!" Woohoooo!!

Plus:

IGN Celebrates GTA III's Tenth Anniversary

Get ready for a packed week of features and insights into one of gaming's true classics.

On October 22, 2001 Grand Theft Auto appeared in U.S stores.

This week, IGN will be celebrating the game's tenth anniversary with a series of features that honor GTA III's impact on game design and popular culture.

gta3action_4_640w_1318694784.jpg

We'll be talking to leading game designers, journalists, Rockstar alumni and even the media-shy exec producer and co-writer Sam Houser, offering insights into how PlayStation 2's gangland classic came to be. We'll uncover some of the game's secrets and debate the controversies that surrounded its release, and its relevance today.

Just to get you in the mood, here's IGN's original review of GTA III. Check back tomorrow for our editorial on how Rockstar warped and reshaped the concept of open world adventures.

Guest Marney1

I'm really not into anything touch-sreen. Is it impossible to release PS2 classics for PS3 or something? Fuckers.

Guest Marney1

Maybe next year for the VC anniversary they'll release a double pack on PSN/XBL. :) I can only wish...

I'm wishing with you.

Anyone know what PS2 GTA3 looks like on a HD TV before I go borrow my PS2 back from my bro?