Sign in to follow this  
TreeFitty

Number of discs/Size of GTA 5

Opinions  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well if they stick to one disk for xbox and use sanadreas as a map, there aint guna be near the goodies we are expecting to see in this new gta, little alone the massive story line and motion capture and all the rest of that crap. i agree with that administrator up there, microsoft needs to let rockstar be able to install content disks. maybe make one disk that just has the map details,and graphics on it, which would still alow free roam with the other disk. and to prevent people from sharing disks, pull a E.A. move an make a product key that only alows the dowload of the disk to the selected owner. Obviously we are all honest people an aint guna help out our budy if he has managed to lose the map disk :D

I think MS is backing downloadable games rather than Blu-ray or another optical format for this gen. Optical discs don't offer the read speeds you need to stream or copy hi-res textures and other data to the cache.

By the time the next Xbox comes out they could use some kind of proprietary USB flash drive to run or install games from, or something. The new Thunderbolt port offers something like 10Gbps transfer speeds and USB 3.0 isn't too shabby either, and 64GB USB drives are already getting cheap, so the technology is there.

Lmfao, back to cartridges....well kinda anyways.

I think cartridges will be a nice touch to get back into for hard copy gamers. I'm one of those people that hates buying digital content and hasn't got physical copies of it. But now we can store huge amounts on small objects i think nice little USB cartridges could make a great retro come back!

I think cartridges will be a nice touch to get back into for hard copy gamers. I'm one of those people that hates buying digital content and hasn't got physical copies of it. But now we can store huge amounts on small objects i think nice little USB cartridges could make a great retro come back!

I agree on that, I need physical copies as well. I don't buy digital content at all, I need that pretty cover art and nice glossy manuals etc. It also feels so much safer and more valuable than a digital copy that you have to boot up in order to check if you still got it. I have some shelves with game covers and I like to look at it sometimes. I don't have to start up the computer or console in order to do that.

The day I become a cyborg and have digital storage devices in my head, then maybe I'll buy digital copies. I would be able to see the content at any time just by thinking of it.

It's crazy to think we can routinely get 32GB onto SDHC cards, which are small enough to fit inside cameras. SDXC cardscan/will support up to 2TB as well but we're 'only' up to 128GB atm ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDXC ). I think a return to cartridges may be inevitable eventually, in some form or another.

:-/ Well, i guess i'm getting LA Noir for the PS3 then.

But, i mean, the only reason that their are so many disks is because audio/video is uncompressed. Compress my video so it will fit on one disk please!

It's crazy to think we can routinely get 32GB onto SDHC cards, which are small enough to fit inside cameras. SDXC cardscan/will support up to 2TB as well but we're 'only' up to 128GB atm ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDXC ). I think a return to cartridges may be inevitable eventually, in some form or another.

Yeah so we may have a cartridge come-back but an ultra slim/tiny version! The only thing you'll have to worry about is losing them. I find it hard enough to keep DS games in their boxes!

Yeah so we may have a cartridge come-back but an ultra slim/tiny version! The only thing you'll have to worry about is losing them. I find it hard enough to keep DS games in their boxes!

A comeback for the cartridge! But I have a solution to your problem with losing them. At the same time, make a comeback for the pager! Equip the cartridge with a pager that you can call up. :v

a ps3 exclusive would be complete bullshit (seing as I just bought a 360). i don't think Rockstar would be that retarted. if only someone pulled their thumb out of their ass and allowed content to be run from a hard drive. Then you could install the main files to the hdd and have one disk in the drive. Although, seeing as I only have a 20gb hard drive, I'd kinda be fucked.

:-/ Well, i guess i'm getting LA Noir for the PS3 then.

But, i mean, the only reason that their are so many disks is because audio/video is uncompressed. Compress my video so it will fit on one disk please!

if you have all that info compressed, you'll be awiting a day for it to uncompress

if only someone pulled their thumb out of their ass and allowed content to be run from a hard drive. Then you could install the main files to the hdd and have one disk in the drive. Although, seeing as I only have a 20gb hard drive, I'd kinda be fucked.

Game Of The Year Oblivion and Fallout 3 both allowed you to install the expansion packs on to the 360 hdd, and you didn't have to put the discs in again. Everyone else is just lazy, it would seem.

To answer the main question, yes, I think the next GTA will have multiple discs.

if only someone pulled their thumb out of their ass and allowed content to be run from a hard drive. Then you could install the main files to the hdd and have one disk in the drive. Although, seeing as I only have a 20gb hard drive, I'd kinda be fucked.

Game Of The Year Oblivion and Fallout 3 both allowed you to install the expansion packs on to the 360 hdd, and you didn't have to put the discs in again. Everyone else is just lazy, it would seem.

That was different. They were DLC packs already available on the Marketplace, just pre-loaded onto discs.