jobo

American Football

Lost our two best defensive players for the year, time to pack it in because although rg3 is playing good, hes going to make mistakes as. Rookie and defensive sucks and special teams is worse (2 blocked punts)... Fuck.

yea, giants all the way... i can see a scenario where the panthers could win, but they are just not good enough... cam newton is the x-factor as he is in every game... but i am not sure if he's taking the next step, or if the opposing defenses have figured out how to guard him...

there's a saying in the NFL, that it's called, "Not For Long"... and defenses might of figured out how to get to him...

Talking about during his six game win streak in Denver. Then new York thought he was going to help. I'm glad Sanchez gets the start.

he's good at what he does, he's just in the wrong offense... the jets are like the last team he should of been traded to... minnesota, miami, jacksonville, tampa, seattle, denver... i like tebow, he's got the hand of god with him or something... it's exciting...

people just don't like him because he's a virgin jesus freak... i say, who the fuck cares who he is in his personal life... he can run a mother fucker over for a touchdown... he needs to be a hybrid h-back for a run oriented team like the ones i mentioned, with the ability to run the wildcat to keep the defense honest... he can be on the field even if he doesn't touch the ball... or throw occasionally to a receiver...

if i owned a team, i'd trade for him... he's a matchup nightmare..

haha, that was something else... and to be honest, i thought both had possession... in college (where most of these refs are from) dual possession is ruled in favor of the offense... in the NFL the first to show possession has the rights in a dual possession situation even after both establish possession... but the ball never hit the ground and both the CB and WR came down with possession together...

i can understand the mishap, but on a stage like that, at the end of the game, and with other senior officials handling the replays,they kind of fucked up there... they claimed there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field, and really, there's no real definitive replay showing one person holding possession after the catch... but they clearly missed the 1st part of the catch, the interception before the dual possession...

it's getting more scrutinized than i think it deserves, but this is also the tipping point for the whole referee strike... pay these zebras, they're just as important to the game as the players... no one's job in professional sports is more harder than the referee or umpire...

well, the laundry guy has it rough too i guess..

This is kinda late but notre dame! Also in 2014 the rivarly between the nations 2 winningest programs will stop for 3 years.

haha, that was something else... and to be honest, i thought both had possession... in college (where most of these refs are from) dual possession is ruled in favor of the offense... in the NFL the first to show possession has the rights in a dual possession situation even after both establish possession... but the ball never hit the ground and both the CB and WR came down with possession together...

Dual possession goes to the offense in the nfl. A defender having possession and going to the ground, then getting it torn from his hands is a touchback...

Irregardless of that call, offensive pass interference should have been called on Tate, ending the game.

Even if you make the argument that offensive pass interference is never called on those kind of plays, a few snaps later the officials flew a flag for imaginary defensive pass interference.

The same officiating crew was in on the rams skins game and they screwed that one up just as much as this one, but just not on the final play of the game... They finally made the right call there, just in time to screw the skins.

Dual possession goes to the offense in the nfl. A defender having possession and going to the ground, then getting it torn from his hands is a touchback...

really?? then why is everyone so pissed off?? tate and that CB had possession in the endzone at the same time when they hit the ground according to me... he wrestled into dual possession before both touched the ground... it because of the offensive pass interference then?? even experienced refs can miss those calls...

i still don't get it...

It wasnt dual position. You cant wrestle a ball away from a defender after your both down on the ground to get "dual" possession.

Tate had one hand on it, jennings had two hands, ad the ball was on too his chest..

Is not the singular error, it is three errors in a row in the final drive of the game that has got everyone pissed off.

Then beyond that, theres the fact that the officials reviewed a non reviewable play, eg, who had possession... Then after saying the play was confirmed, walking off the field without playing the extra point, not realizing it was a requirement of the rules...

actually, the completion is reviewable... the problem the refs had was there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field... i've seen it a hundred times in college football (and a few times in the NFL), the ball is still alive until someone established possession... and in the endzone, that means following through the reception... the ball never touched the ground, and neither player showed established possession all the way through the catch... they showed joint possession... and like you said, that rule goes to the offense...

the rest of the bullshit calls are just par for the season... i never thought i'd say this but i miss ed hochuli :(...

The completion is reviewable, who has possession is not.

Actually, im wrong.. The announcers said it wasnt reviewable, but it is, in the end zone only.

@QD - all scoring plays this year are reviewed in the booth... all turnovers are reviewed... but this;

Packers_Seahawks_Final_Play_Video_Russell_Wilson.jpg

...is what most have an issue with i think... two different calls on the same play, which was ruled a catch on the field, and something makes me think they called that so it could be reviewed... however, they probably didn't realize that turnovers can be reviewed so long as the defense shows evidence of a recovery... it's why you now see players dive after incompletes or lateral passes, just in case the offense made a mistake...

@jobo - FUCK NOTRE DAME... are you guys scared of michigan or something?? why are you guys tucking your dicks between your legs in 2015 and not playing michigan for a few years?? are you finally happy you won that you can leave the rivalry on a good note??