The third book, A Storm of Swords, is divided into two seasons: the current season 3 and next years season 4. Hopefully this will add greater depth and prolong the series. Otherwise the show would catch up to the books and we'd have nothing to watch!

Anyway, Targaryen bitches be crazy.

Does anyone suggest reading the books? I mean, I've heard that the fat fuck of a creator has health problems and might die, so I don't want to start reading a story that will have no ending.

Fat fuck? geez didnt' know being an author was that rough.

I'm pretty sure he's finishing it, or at least getting someone else to finish it. Dany even near westeros yet? story's sure taking it's sweet ass time.

Does anyone suggest reading the books? I mean, I've heard that the fat fuck of a creator has health problems and might die, so I don't want to start reading a story that will have no ending.

The author is currently working on book 6. The books are a must-read.

The author is currently working on book 6. The books are a must-read.

Why? What am I missing?

Details. Greater depth. Better battles. What took place in season 2 was a yawn fest compared to the books. The audio books are good as well. Just be sure it's unabridged and you have a road trip or a project coming up.

from wiki:

Early during the development of the TV series, Martin told major plot points to producers David Benioff and D. B. Weiss in case he should die.[17] (The New York Times reported in 2011 that at age 62, Martin was by all accounts in robust health.

Episode 8 was decent, and I can't wait for next weeks episode considering that Episode 9 of each season has probably been the best episode of that season.

I've just finished reading "A Clash of Kings" and it was good.

@Fido 14 - It's worth reading the books, it gives more background information than the tv series can ever give.

I'm reading "A Storm of Swords" now and I'm racing through it. I hope Book 6 comes out soon.

I'm guessing that since Book 3 is being split up over Season 3 and 4 that Season 3 is going to be just a big build up for shit to go down in season 4. Don't know for sure though, never read past book 2.

Yup, looked it up, they are taking this week off because of Memorial Day. Funny, Canada's Victoria Day usually coincides, but we got our "May two-four" long weekend early this year.

Episodes 9 and 10 left, I've been reading the book alongside watching season three, I've got an idea of where they are heading, and you will not be disappointed.