Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Your favourite gaming screenshots

Fair enough, although given the chance I think you would change your mind. If you have an unexpected urge to play a war shooter, Battlefield 3 would be my recommendation, MW2 is probably the worst example of a war game going.

i played the first modern warfare so, i felt like i should play the second one at some point... plus, i want to play that infamous no russians level :D... and i could easily borrow this from a friend... none of my friends have a battlefield game...

The original San Andreas screenshot is still one of my faves. Like most people believe, that probably was the most anticipated game in history and those screens started it all.

For some reason this screenshot of Fallout 3 made me desperate to play it though:

fallout-3-ss-26.jpg

Look at that environment! :o That screen makes me want to buy and play Fallout 3 so badly.

But I haven't got the time for it. :(

• Like 1

Demon, take my advise, if you ever get the chance to play Fallout 3, do it. That game is a masterpiece, and if your computer can handle it (you don't have an Xbox 360 or PS3 to play it on, if I remember correctly?), it has one of the most beautiful game environments you'll ever see. I would recommend Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) to someone who doesn't even play video games, just to stand on top of a hill and take in the scenery, if nothing else.

• Like 3

Demon, take my advise, if you ever get the chance to play Fallout 3, do it. That game is a masterpiece, and if your computer can handle it (you don't have an Xbox 360 or PS3 to play it on, if I remember correctly?), it has one of the most beautiful game environments you'll ever see. I would recommend Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) to someone who doesn't even play video games, just to stand on top of a hill and take in the scenery, if nothing else.

Thank you for the advice I appreciate it, although if I do follow it it will probably steal hundreds of hours from my life... +Rep.

Have you played Half Life 2? The scenery in that game blew me off my feet, and it was a good game because of more reasons than just its beauty.

How does Fallout 3 compare to HL2? I know they are different types of games, HL2 is merely a first person shooter whereas FO3 has a role-play element to it if I'm not mistaken. If we forget about pixel numbers and frame-rate (I suppose FO3 is superior here), is it possible to compare the visual aspect in the two games? HL2 was fantastic (at least for its time), it had many different environments. What I remember most was Ravenholm and Highway 17. It took the breath from me. Sadly I never got to finish it because the game was on a computer I had borrowed.

I read some mediocre reviews of New Vegas, most of the criticism was something about playability(?), hopefully they have fixed the problems later.

New Vegas is still catching shit. Supposedly, there are tons of glitches and the game is almost unplayable, but I have the game for both 360 and PC and haven't run into any real problems, and that's after hundreds of hours of play time.

When it comes to Fallout, ignore the rest of the internet and come straight to the Fallout topic here.

-------------------

As for Half Life 2, I still haven't played it, but I know I need to play it eventually.

• Like 1

Don't forget about bOnEs, he knows his shit too. Always have to give him credit. Stoic is good too, but he doesn't come into the Fallout topic very often anymore.

Of course, I forgot Bones. I don't read the Fallout topics often so I don't know much of what's going on in there, but I've noticed that you, Synch and Bones post often there. Didn't someone credit Synch for being a Fallout encyclopedia in their sig on the old forum?

Edited by Demon

They made the Angels of Death look so much cooler than The Lost. Johnny still looked cool though.

Also: Holy shit, it's Tanner.

Haha. Ive been creepin the old forums. Finally got unlazy enough to re register here...really don't like my display name...I read that wrong.

But yeah, the AOD was definitely portrayed as more badass, but Johnny is my favorite protagonist so far, before that it was Toni Cipriani.

Tommy was still my favorite up until Johnny. Luis did some pretty cool shit, but he still only gets third place.

If I had ever gotten to work on the iGTA webcomic, the AoD were going to be the allies of the main character, with The Lost not even involved.

I see Bertrand's propaganda is no longer on TV in New Marais. I just got around to that side mission earlier today. Is this your first playthrough or have you already done the evil path?

ehh, i am already getting bored with it, and it's due back tomorrow... i am going to have to grind out these final few missions tonight, old world blues forced me to rent this longer than i wanted to... i don't really wanna play the evil route... fire powers would be cool but i barely use the frost powers anyways... cole's electric is still the best power... having more fun roaming the city in the 2nd game, but i am getting worn out on the repetitive missions...

i will give it this though, it's much more epic than the first game... mini-bosses, giant bosses, and overall more intense moments... it's a truly great sequel, it's just a shame i am already bored with it... how's the level creator??

it is if you roam new marias... no one notices the storefronts, there's too much else going on in infamous 2...

ohh, finally beat this game last night... hey massacre;

do you think he really dies?? at the end of the good ending he does, but just before the credits roll, lightning strikes the ship carrying his body... i wonder where they go with this next... what happened at the end of the evil ending?? he survives??

Screenshot from f1 2011:

E3-2011-F1-2011-Screenshots.jpg

I'll be honest, I nearly died from excitement when I seen this. looks good, very good.

(any non f1 fans can fuck off btw)

Guest Roger Williams

Haven't really played a racing game (apart from GT5 which is gathering dust) since Indie 500 on the Amiga 500. Blocky as shit but it felt real at the time, always had grahics set to minimum.

Wow, that video is the first time I've seen it since about '89.