HEIST: The Big Score
Last Edited by TreeFitty January 02, 2015 : 9 Comments : 91,521 Views
The time has come for the old crew and their new acquaintances to capture a dream. Over $200 million in gold is waiting. This is the big one.
Rewards: Lots and lots of money, Advanced Rifle, New-Gen: Bullpup Rifle
Protagonists: Michael, Trevor, Franklin
â— GOLD MEDAL â—
Surveying the scoreTrevor goes into the fridge of his new office but has to push the body of the former manager - named Leon - back in. Michael and Franklin enter the office so Trevor lays out his grand plans of the future. Lester arrives and tells a small tale of a group of men who lied and stole but always dreamed of... the big one. The Union Depository has $200 million in gold bricks owned by the government. If they live through the attempt at stealing them the government will hunt them down for the rest of their lives. The group heads out to survey the area.
Put in control of Michael, get into his car with Franklin and drive to the bank on the upper roadway. You can also SWITCH to Trevor who has Lester in the passenger seat. Lester says a few armored cars are doing a dry run at 15:30. Trevor and Lester are taking a ride out to the airfield to grab a chopper and plot the armored cars' route to find a hijack point. Michael and Franklin will scout out the depository itself for security, escape routes, etc. Get to the bank and look at the front doors. Franklin comments that going in through there should be easy since security is light but the metal is kept underground which is hard to get to. Drive around to the back entrance on the lower roadway. Once again security is light. Very strange considering the valuables inside. Michael checks on the status of Trevor and Lester.
You are SWITCHed to Trevor who is taking a piss on the side of a freeway. Get back in his truck and continue on to the airfield. Trevor tells Lester he has a plan to break Brad out of prison. Lester tells him to talk to Michael and doesn't have a good opinion of Brad. When you get to the airfield get in the helicopter and fly to Murrieta Heights. Lester informs Trevor that the UD's security is internal rather than external. The quietness makes any disturbance easy to notice. There's also a whole team of officers ready 24/7 in case something goes down at the UD. A good plan will be to divert that team which means hitting the UD twice: once as a diversion and the second to get the score. Michael is a good option for the first hit.
Spies in the SkiesWhen you get close the camera will focus in on the convoy of armored cars. Follow them but don't get too close. If you change to the cinematic view, it will be the camera mounted on the chopper. Lester says they need a spot with cover for the heist crew but no escape routes for the guards. They'll go through a tunnel along the north side of Downtown which Lester thinks will be perfect for a switch up. The armored cars approach the rear entrance where Michael and Franklin are still sitting. Michael says they'll need ID cards to get in. A short cutscene shows "Onion 86" enter the building 30 seconds later than expected.
Lester says they are still digging a new LS Metro Tunnel nearby. He wants Trevor to find it. Circle around to the left and fly near the big-ass hole. When you see it get low directly over it so Lester can look inside. The game mentions the cinematic camera to see what Lester is looking at. When Lester has enough intel fly back to the airfield. You are given the option to SWITCH back to Michael who is taking Franklin back to his house. They'll discuss Michael's feelings about the job - mainly his worries about Trevor. Michael refuses to discuss the past with Franklin right now. Trevor and Lester discuss the current plan a little as far as vehicles. Trevor is willing to lend his chopper but refuses to take his name off of it. Land the helicopter and Lester says it will take quite a bit of planning for this one. Trevor wants him to plan Brad's breakout too.
After this mission you move on to Bury the Hatchet. The story of GTA V takes a bit of a turn and the big score is put on hold. You return to this heist after the mission Meltdown.
- For the time objective you are better off SWITCHing to Trevor at the beginning and getting out to the airfield as fast as possible. Then SWITCH to Michael after surveying the construction site and get Franklin home as quickly as possible.
- Don't fly too close to the armored cars. Keep some distance behind since they will stop (for a few seconds) at every red light.
- Be careful while navigating under the bridge and especially through the tunnel. For the bridge you don't need to be in the roadway. Go under through the (much taller) river channel opening. For the tunnel glide along the road if necessary but don't run it into the ground or else you'll need to lean the whole vehicle forward to regain speed and will scrape up the tail on the ceiling.
- The construction hole is around to the left in a corner. Get low over it quickly without crashing.
- Perfect Distance - Follow the vans without being warned on distance.
- Cavity Search - Find the construction hole within 20 seconds.
- Under the Bridge - Fly under the bridge whilst following the security vans.
- Tunnel Flight - Fly through the tunnel whilst following the security vans.
- Mission Time - Complete the mission within 11:00.
Decisions, DecisionsAfter completing Michael's mission Meltdown, Trevor meets Lester backstage at the Vanilla Unicorn strip club. They go into the office and discuss the job ahead - mainly if Michael will keep his mouth shut this time. Lester thinks he will. Franklin and then Michael enter the office. Trevor and Michael start to go at it but Lester intervenes. He shows the crew his planning board. There are two options: Subtle and Obvious. The first method is to take over the armored cars transporting the gold. They'll use other vehicles to transport the gold away. The transportation grid will need to be manipulated to their advantage. The second method is to cause a distraction out in front of the Union Depository (deemed Michael's duty). Another team will drill into the vault and take the gold from there.
The second option requires a large drill which will need to be stolen and parked nearby. They'll enter through the new subway tunnel. Two helicopters will be needed to get the gold out of the hole. A getaway vehicle will also be needed and parked in a nearby parking garage. Lastly they'll need to steal a train to land the gold on and take the score to a warehouse. Back to the first option, spike strips - named "Stingers" - will need to be acquired from the police. Getaway cars will be needed with suspension modifications since 4 tons of gold is very heavy. The underpass spotted previously will serve as a "smoke and mirrors" point. Make your choice. Subtle will require two gunmen (1. assist inside bank & move gold to cars, 2. take away armored car hostages), two drivers (1. gauntlet driver & bank helper, 2. armored car tire changer), and a hacker (traffic control). Obvious will only need two drivers (1. second helicopter, 2. train) and two gunmen (1. help Franklin get gold, 2. distraction with Michael).
- Hacker: Rickie Lukens (4%), Christian Feltz (10%), Paige Harris (15%)
- Gunman: Daryl Johns (6%), Norm Richards (7%), Hugh Welsh (7%), Karl Abolaji (8%), Chef (12%), Gustavo Mota (14%), *** Packie McReary (12%) If rescued during random event
- Driver: Karim Denz (8%), Eddie Toh (14%), *** Taliana Martinez (5%) If rescued during random event
Pick your approach plus the crew and confirm the choices. With the decision made the crew heads out. Lester will get to work locating necessary equipment. You are left in control of Michael.
- The order in which you hire crew members for each position matters. The first and second person of a position have specific duties during the heist.
- Optimal crew for subtle is Chef (or Packie) and Daryl, Eddie (or Taliana) and Karim, Rickie. Like the other jobs Rickie won't be the fastest for helping you but the job can still get done without issue. A less experienced gunman in the first spot will not transfer all of the gold to the cars. A less experienced driver in the first spot will get caught by police during the chase.
- Optimal crew for obvious is Eddie (or Taliana) and Karim, Daryl or Hugh or Norm for the gunman spots. A less experienced driver in the first spot will crash the helicopter in the wind farm. The gunman position has no direct consequence so you can use two less experienced gunmen. You may want someone better at shooting in the second spot, though.
- If you used less experienced people on previous jobs they will have gained experienced and can be used for the more important spots.
SubtleThe decision is made to hijack the armored cars.
ObviousThe decision is made to drill into the vault.
All content created by and property of iGTA5.com and must not be reproduced without express written permission. © 2011-2022 iGTA5.com