Sign in to follow this  
Nicko9000

Early 2012 release unlikely

Hi guys, so i've been checking the careers section on the Rockstar website as I do every so often, and noticed a couple of job listings and responsibilities listed for Rockstar North (where almost all gta games are developed) that tell me an early (April-June) 2012 release unlikely for gta 5.

Rockstar North

Character Animator

Qualifications

"Professional experience developing a third person action game."

Skills

• Exceptional skill in animating realistic human characters.

Rockstar North

Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer

Rockstar North

Character Development Assistant

Responsibilities

• A strong creative sensibility: both media savvy & highly pop - culturally aware

--------------------

There are more on there, but I just pointed out a few. As far as i'm aware R* arent working on anything else, so It tells me that there's still alot of work to be done and I don't think an early 2012 release would be likely unless they're rushing.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

They're working on Agent too.

Also, an early 2012 release is already ruled out by the fact Max Payne 3 is coming early 2012.

Also, an early 2012 release is already ruled out by the fact Max Payne 3 is coming early 2012.

Forgot about that. Either way, Agent is likely going to be a single player stealth game, which means theres no multiplayer staff needed, and I highly doubt such a game would need to be influenced by pop culture.

Guest Marney1

Forgot about that. Either way, Agent is single player stealth game, which means theres no multiplayer staff needed, and I highly doubt such a game would need to be influenced by pop culture.

Link to the source which says Agent won't have multiplayer.

Edit: I'm growing a beard here waiting for your reply.

Forgot about that. Either way, Agent is single player stealth game, which means theres no multiplayer staff needed, and I highly doubt such a game would need to be influenced by pop culture.

Link to the source which says Agent won't have multiplayer.

Fix'd post. It's most LIKELY gonna be single player. Splinter cell, hitman etc have always be single player, I personally don't feel like it would fit in this genre except for co op missions.

Nothing is concrete as I explained in my first post, just wondered what you guys thought. I posted the three job listings that sounded most GTA-esque, and assuming i'm right in saying they're for GTA V, if they're still hiring for those positions at this stage a late 2012 release seem more likely to me.

Guest Marney1

Well erm, do us a favour and come back and let us know in late 2012. Thanks, bye.

Everyone voted on like may 23? Or something ....

Imo late 2012early2013 if not mid/late2013 especially if r* has job listings up.

Idk how long it takes to make a game but I can bet its more than a year

Guest Marney1

Everyone voted on like may 23? Or something ....

Imo late 2012early2013 if not mid/late2013 especially if r* has job listings up.

Idk how long it takes to make a game but I can bet its more than a year

R* sometimes take around 5 or 6 years to make a game. Or rather, they can take 5 or 6 years.

As stated, they also have Agent in the works and for all we know something else but GTA V and Agent are probably plenty of work for them. Also as stated, Max Payne is early 2012.

None of the jobs you posted can give any indication to a release timeline. Even the Character Development Assistant doesn't really mean anything. It could be a job working on pedestrians or something less-important for all we know. Plus I doubt that is the only position they have. I'm sure there are others working that same position and they are simply looking to have more people to decrease the work load on others.

Its almost December. Everyone would know gta5 is coming out at lease 4 months in advance. That way they can release 2 or 3 official trailers on tv so everyone will know

2012 is right around the corner

Let's hope GTA5 will be out before the 2012 doom's day (in december?), or let's hope there won't be a doom's day...

Yeah I hope 2012 doomsday wont happen

Gta 5 with some apocalypse elements would be sweet. Like random earthquakes

however I do think it will be released late 2012 like around this time next year or early to even late 2013.

We wont know for awhile I can't wait to hear what r* has to release next