Sign in to follow this  
Commissar Tommy32

IGN Theory?

Well on IGN they thought the guy on the balcony was Vercetti and the guy is the yellow trousers was victor vance also CJ the black guy running from police etc..

So they also said these guys had loads of money and then lost it all in the recession and possibly you play as them all and follow their stories

What do you guys think of this?

No.

No, no, no....no....no. And furthermore: no.

This game has nothing to do with any of the GTA III era characters. Vercetti was never from the IV Liberty City, and CJ never lived in the V version of Los Santos. Rockstar has started over. Besides that, Vercetti would be how old by now? He'd be 60. Also Victor Vance is dead.

At best they'll be homages to the old gen. Though the graphics on the PS2 games was so shit, anybody from those games could look like anybody else in the current gen.

yea i am with OPX... i dont know how many times i have to say it, last gen GTA is dead, R* even said as much... expect returning characters to come from IV...

leave it to IGN to stir up a bunch of nothing...

No way, that guy wasn't over 60. And that black guy running can't be CJ, CJ would be about 40 years old, and that guy was in his 20s.

That's bullshit, these characters are too young to be from the GTA III era. CJ would be in his 40s, and Tommy would be in his 60s. IGN's reports just give what people want to hear, everyone loves CJ and Tommy, but I don't think they will be returning as playable characters, but it is possible we see CJ's house in Grove Street and see him appear in a cutscene or something. I would actually LOVE to roll down Grove Street in GTA V and reminisce.