Sign in to follow this  
BuickBoy

HOPSIN - The return of "REAL" Hip Hop?

Marcus Hopson, better known by his stage name Hopsin, is an American rapper, music video director and hip hop producer from Panorama City, Los Angeles, California. Known for his unique white contact lenses, his music videos gained popularity on YouTube. He was signed to Eazy E's record labelRuthless Records in 2007, and has since founded his own record label Funk Volume.

This guy is an amazing rapper. Nice to hear somebody like this when there is so much garbage so called "music" on the radio.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hopsintv

Reminds me a lot of Eminem's older music. He is really really good imo

Didn't like the first one in the list - a little too energetic for my tastes, the beat's not very heavy, and I've never really liked Eminem-esque costume-changing comedic videos - but the other two were great.

I guess I need to look into more unknown rappers. The Game is the only semi-mainstream rapper I like (I sort of like Lil Wayne, but only when he's in one of Game's songs), but even he bitches out and does at least one slow song on his albums. I like Eminem, but he's about as mainstream as you can get without doing commercials (oh wait, he did a tea commercial :v ). I have a very limited amount of new rap I can listen to, I mostly just listen to early-90's shit.

I would like Hopsin had I not gotten into Em's SSLP first. Then I realized it was a blatant rip off and I feel like Hopsin has absolutely no style of his own. He says all that Eminem says but is also able to use the race card if he so pleases.

I still consider myself a fan, because he is 10000000 times better than what Eminem is now (relapse grew on me but recovery was total shit), among other radio rappers.

The only thing I REALLY don't like about him is the beef with Tyler, the Creator that he had. He accuses Tyler of being a shock artist, but it doesn't seem to have occurred to Hopsin that he has more shock tracks than Tyler does. Tyler uses shock to gain attention, and redirects all of it to his other music. In anything I've heard from Hopsin, it's constant dissing/shock lyrics/etc. I still have no beef on Hopsin though, he's cool I guess.