Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Guest Marney1

I've been keeping up to date with the development of this for about a year now because proper adventure games are lacking in the console department. The Testament of Sherlock Holmes though, (due out Q1 2012) is coming not only to PC but to PS3 and Xbox 360 too.

If you liked the detective elements of L.A. Noire you might want to read this preview, I think it's about time more games like this became available on consoles even if it is just to save me the bother of buying a proper PC.

212524-SherlockHolmes.jpg

NEW_Testament_Sherlock_Holmes-22-620x.jpg

Testament_Sherlock_Holmes-18-620x.jpg

Testament_Sherlock_Holmes-12-620x.jpg

NEW_Testament_Sherlock_Holmes-23-620x.jpg

Video: CEO of Frogwares, Wael Amr speaks to Blake about their upcoming Sherlock Holmes game making its first appearance on consoles and maybe showing the first love scene between Holmes and Watson.

Guest Marney1

I appear to be the only person on earth looking forward to this game but I reckon it might be better than L.A. Noire, from a detective point of view:

The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes immerse you in 1898 London as you conduct an incredible investigation.

All the evidence suggests our hero is the main suspect in a case involving theft, fraud and double-crossings. Unable to prove his own innocence, Holmes is rapidly losing London's trust as doubt spreads through the city like wildfire. Even Doctor Watson's faith in his friend begins to waver, as the famous detective flees Scotland Yard and raises further suspicion; prowling around at night, destruction of evidence... would Holmes go so far as to commit murder?

The complex and decidedly-mature storyline surrounds a particularly tricky investigation, in which each and every puzzle will challenge both insight and wits!

As Sherlock Holmes, you will use the detective's full repertoire: handle and inspect clues, reenact crimes and use the game's new deduction system to draw your own conclusions.

Choose your questioning approach to catch characters off guard and gather valuable information. Face an open investigation, and decide which leads to follow and which to ignore.

Official site

sam & max are the detectives i find fun to play as... they're over the top and so are the missions... point n click adventures are fun...

plus, i never liked sherlock holmes, and robert downey jr. isn't helping the cause either with his shitty portrail of a 19th century detective... everything doesn't go boom all the time, hollywood... get a fucking clue!!

Guest Marney1

Apparently one of the cases in this game ends up something like this (no, seriously);

"So Holmes, do you think you've solved the case?"

"I think I have."

"And?"

"It was a well trained monkey with a glass-cutter, he was hiding behind that draught screen waiting for the owners to leave the room."

"Sounds like a good explanation Holmes, well done."