Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Anyone got a http://about.me page?

Never heard of it. Looks like a good way to stalk someone online, though. I'm interested.

I almost want to make a page. I think having that blank Twitter page is having negative effects on me.

Guest Marney1

Never heard of it. Looks like a good way to stalk someone online, though. I'm interested.

It's really quick, just put your name in and you're away. No need for a confirmation email or anything.

Psy is a secret Canadian? http://about.me/psy

Anyone else lost their internet identity to a Canadian? Also - random people finder button ftw! http://about.me/jedipadmaster :P

I'm fucking sick of a new social network turning up every 2 weeks. No one's ever going to beat Facebook for the features they bring. No one's going to beat Twitter at what they do. Unless you come up with something new and unique (such as bantr for football chat), don't waste your fucking time! Even Google+ is a waste of time.

• Like 1

I'm fucking sick of a new social network turning up every 2 weeks. No one's ever going to beat Facebook for the features they bring. No one's going to beat Twitter at what they do. Unless you come up with something new and unique (such as bantr for football chat), don't waste your fucking time! Even Google+ is a waste of time.

Thing is, it's not even an actual social site, it's more of a social hub linking viewers to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. It looks shit anyway.

Hmm, I suppose it is tecnhically good to keep all relevant accounts and pages linked in one place, but then their site is basically built in the hopes that you use the other social networks and want to link people to them... Meh. Can't see the point. Would rather have a business card with both my facebook and twitter accounts on than an "about.me" thing.

That said, I might still get one just for the fact I can use it to link to my sites XD

Haha, was too easy to "hack". Been able to put images/other HTML in my bio despite not being supposed to. Oops :)

http://about.me/psyware

*continues to slag the place off despite having registered*

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

Psy's just pissed off because D-O made a 'Psy' account. But seriously, how did you get pics up in the bio section?

marney's page looks like MySpace 2.0. Therefore, fuck that shit. I'll stick to Facebook for people I know (not that I ever post anything) and Twitter for people I don't.

Guest Marney1

I just like it because you only need the one link to show your sites/social sites. It's just centralised for convenience and because I have OCD I quite like it.

I never did do facebook or anything like that - only been using the internet for as long as I've been a member here, I'm pondering the idea of creating another about.me for my work but I'm not sure it would benefit from one tbh.

Psy's just pissed off because D-O made a 'Psy' account. But seriously, how did you get pics up in the bio section?

You need Firebug for Firefox. Lets you edit HTML on a page using javascript. So I edited the HTML in the text box and put code in to display images :). Alternatively, you could look for an online demo of "TinyMCE" (text editor). It's what they use but have disabled some of the buttons, but if you create something in the demo, you should be able to copy and paste it into their box and it should work. Pretty dodgy really. Means I could have tables, images, hell probably embed videos or iframes. Which could lead to people stealing cookies or sessions. And therefore hacking someone's account... Hmm... :D

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

I just copied the pics in Psy's profile and pasted it into the text box. It automatically pastes any text formatting (font color and such) so I tried pics and it worked. Much easier.

I tried it that way too but it didn't work - then again I'm me.

@Psy - Sack going through all that, I'll just keep it simple thanks anyway.

I've added you lot to my favourites, not sure why.