Sign in to follow this  
CaPn bOnEs

RDR2 - Oct 26th 2018

Red Dead Redemption 2 is Coming October 26th 2018

bb98bc168c6a89180a326def291efeff23f6bb51

Dear All,

We are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play the game, you will agree the wait will have been worth it. In the meantime, please check out these screenshots from the game. We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks.

With thanks,
Rockstar Games

cfb666840877705bcb1d4c35e171c43431d3f3f0

49c7d29293f89dfef95969fde62f5c27e7cc780c

6cff08109cc9096e816240f6b154f725f4fd17de

e3a3d6587f5e7b6475954d6bcd5bd713232556ab

5b5313332394d20cd7c3c91987529d9dd15a242e

750001bd09b2452ef0d01fab0965ff76d63c535c

• Like 2

Typically the hype machine starts 6 months prior - which is April - but they could put out a Q&A (aka A&A for Rockstar) and call that enough to satisfy people. Sprinkle screenshots here and there. Maybe an IGN/whoever interview with a higher up about the game. I would expect the first preview(s) to kick off April (non-playable demo to show off the game to media) and go from there.

they were pretty much forced to make this announcement, every other comment on their twitter posts were about RDR2... no matter what they posted, droves of them were tired of the drought... so they were probably getting geared up to announce the delay with information on the game, but their persistent fans were tired of daily GTAO posts...

-----------------------------------------

i also had a theory i shared in the group chat on PSN... because 3 characters worked for GTAV (people liked it anyways), perhaps they might allow another playable character in RDR2 single player (or 2)... perhaps this time with an approach of making them minor playable characters... arthur is the main guy, but perhaps you get to explore the world with smaller characters in his story, like this girl for example...

5b5313332394d20cd7c3c91987529d9dd15a242e 

it's the 2nd time we've seen her, and really dutch is the only other one we've gotten a glimpse of if i recall... not the rest of the gang... perhaps she helps arthur with bounty hunting, and has a small story to play along with that sort of ties into the main story, if you want to play it or not (maybe optional)... comes packaged with different side objectives to flesh out more of the world... or she's his girl, who knows lol...

just a theory, and something that i wouldn't put past rockstar, to introduce their first female protagonist... seems like a good setting for it... and that indian from the 2nd trailer could be a nice fit for another minor character...

Would seem weird to leave her out of that original artwork, though. Unless that's the Dutch/badass side of the story and the girl is part of another side.

They could do it LAN-style

where Arthur is killed/whatever and we take over the game as her.

Or as you said do it like GTAV/other games where we play the game/story from different character perspectives. Each with their own substory.

Excited about all the DLC possibilities. Cant way to pay 27000000 dollars for the white stallion. Maybe drop 45000000 for the golden revolver. Grinding a horse is my favorite kind of grinding.

15 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

Would seem weird to leave her out of that original artwork, though. Unless that's the Dutch/badass side of the story and the girl is part of another side.

They could do it LAN-style

Reveal hidden contents

where Arthur is killed/whatever and we take over the game as her.

Or as you said do it like GTAV/other games where we play the game/story from different character perspectives. Each with their own substory.

When is the last time Rockstar worked on anything that had a story? LOL. You might get a few hours of storyline before you "build the penultimate gang of gunslingers to lead the ranks of the RDRonline underworld!".... 

pretty sure rockstar can't drop a super expensive horse... RDR2 is what it is, a western with a fun online component... the fact that GTAV has sold 75M copies means that their main focus will still be GTAV, regardless what RDR2 does... the cheat money they've made on GTAO means that a game like RDR2 can succeed without being just like GTAO...  hell, just seeing the hype alone from a company that brought you GTAO is enoguh to guarantee RDR2 success, regardless of what it is... so bring on bully 2, max payne 4, etc... they've made nearly $4B on just GTAV (not including shark cards)... no game they will ever make can match that... 

they will never reach what GTAV did, but you can always use a few extra bucks to fund GTAVI ;)... so use this time to finally make those other games, and keep a group still dedicated to GTAO and the future of the series.. but i am at the point where i can't imagine that GTAV's success will drive everything they do from here on out... GTA is GTA, the most celebrated series in gaming history... you can't expect everything you make to do the same :)... keep the phenomenon to GTA, but still give fans others things FFS...

• Like 1