DuPz0r

General Discussion ~ iRedDead.com

So it's finally been announced.... And it's a RDR2, rather than a Red Dead 3.

Title: Red Dead Redemption 2

Release Window: Fall 2017

Trailer #1: October 20th 2016

IMG_20161018_135927.jpg

"Red Dead Redemption 2 will release worldwide in Fall 2017 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems.

An epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland, the game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Watch the Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer at 11AM Eastern on Thursday, October 20th at rockstargames.com, as well at the official Rockstar Games YouTube and Twitch pages."

Discuss, theorise, speculate. Talk bout the damn game!

Here's my first bit of speculation. 

Looking at the first teaser, we see there is gang of seven, probably referring to The Magnificent Seven. It's also fair to say, it's probably Dutch's gang which we learn about in the original RDR. 

So looking at the silhouettes we can see some of them stand out. Here's who i think they are. (I changed my mind, i also think the left is Marston after a second look).

11XRhsq.jpg

Left, looks like Marston. Not much younger, so this may not be that far in the past.

The guy just left of the middle looks distinctively like Dutch van der Linde. I could be wrong but the nose, moustache and chin look pretty accurate. Dutch Linde was one of the main antagonists in RDR, this may show us some kind of betrayal between him and Marston.

Right of the middle is without a doubt William "Bill" Williamson, who is also an enemy of Marston in RDR. More room for betrayal in RDR2.

Anyone else looking at these guys and think they look like an important person. Wanted, dead or alive?

And finally, we have a trailer on Thursday, so hopefully we'll get loads of juicey details to scrub through in the footage.

• Like 3

Another bit of speculation. Remember that leaked map we got a few months ago? Well nobody believed it was going to be a RDR2. We all thought that name was a mistake. The map also looked a bit rough and could easily have been one of many fake maps out there. The only credibility it had was that it was meant to have been leaked to a game journalist by a "credible source". That's all.

Now RDR2 is fact, how reliable was that map? Let's take another look at it.

Original:

RDR2-Map.jpg

Original merged with RDR's map to see how they fit together:

Re-dead-overlay-map.jpg

Large enhanced legible version: 

M8pJT4V.jpg

Could it be real, or still think it's fake?

• Like 2

That is true. But this could have been in concept stages. And Wasn't this already out there before Mafia 3's New Bordeaux was revealed? It does look like a New Orleans region of the map too lol. 

Other stuff in that map is from other games, i believe.

Left to right: Marston, Swift, Van der Lin, Red, Bill, (Unknown), Shadow Wolf? 

This game is either going to be really awesome or this is a multiplayer trailer

Swift?

Yeah, I'm a bit worried that they will focus on Online too. But they shouldn't. The story is the important bit, and they will sell that to us first and introduce Online later. Like they did with GTAO.

here's some useful pages (maybe) to piece together the puzzle... 

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Dutch's_Gang

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Williamson_Gang

also, let it be known that i don't like the name, as it's a prequel, not a sequel... but whatever, i'm still looking forward to it :D...

• Like 2

While i'm excited about any updates at this point i'm also kinda disappointed if they are doing the story of Dutch's gang. That puts us about the mid 1890s or just before the turn of the century, which IMO is still too modern for a true western game, i'd prefer something set in the 1870s or 80s. However i'm sure it'll be brilliant.

Also, which one of those guys would be Javier Escuella? The one on the right with his face obscured?

From Wikipedia:

Outside the British Islands[edit]

220px-Schamanin.jpg

The bowler hat is a traditional part of womenswear among the Quechua andAymara peoples of South America.

The bowler, not the cowboy hat or sombrero, was the most popular hat in the American West, prompting Lucius Beebe to call it "the hat that won the West".[9] Both cowboys and railroad workers preferred the hat because it would not blow off easily in strong wind while riding a horse, or when sticking one's head out the window of a speeding train. It was worn by both lawmen and outlaws, including Bat Masterson, Butch Cassidy, Black Bart, and Billy the Kid. In America the hat came to be known commonly as the derby,[4] and American outlaw Marion Hedgepeth was commonly referred to as "the Derby Kid".

In South America, the bowler, known as bombín in Spanish, has been worn by Quechua and Aymara women since the 1920s, when it was introduced to Bolivia by British railway workers. For many years, a factory in Italy manufactured such hats for the Bolivian market, but they are now made locally.[10]

• Like 1

shadow wolf is dead according to the wiki...

i'm also thinking the guy in the middle is you... i think it'd be cool to see marston as just another member of the gang... perhaps this is the gang they were all in before it became dutch's gang, and then williamson's...

• Like 2

I did wonder about the guy in the middle, logic would dictate he's the leader of the gang, whereas potential Dutch is to his right and behind him. Perhaps Dutch was second in command and overthrew him.

Edited by ViceMan

there is definitely an indian in that gang tho... here's a couple notables from dutch's gang in his new gang, perhaps one of them is from the old gang...

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Enepay

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Nastas

my guess is enepay, before he grew out his hair maybe?? lol who knows...

10 minutes ago, bOnEs said:

there is definitely an indian in that gang tho... here's a couple notables from dutch's gang in his new gang, perhaps one of them is from the old gang...

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Enepay

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Nastas

my guess is enepay, before he grew out his hair maybe?? lol who knows...

Also, Helaku which has similar features...

270?cb=20111207225657

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Helaku

Fck it, imma tag him as that until proven otherwise... :lol:

sOoVAFH.jpg

i actually had him queued up but didn't share :lol:... my bet is he's in dutch's new gang that you meet near the end of redemption... makes sense anyways... or maybe he's the playable character?? and the guy in the front is exiled (or killed) from the gang... lol so many possibilities... let's see what this trailer gives us thursday...

Him being in the centre makes him look like the leader. Would they really make a customisable character be the leader of a gang in the main story? Seems a bit weird, not R*s style. He might not be the leader, it's just how it looks.