Massacre

Fallout

i didn't know the exact figures but i knew it was going to cost more than i wanted to spend... i should of brought a good light armor... there's plenty of light armor to jury rig up with for joshua graham's armor or the assassin suit...

the proton axe is my most effective weapon so far... hopefully i can find something better soon, or perhaps some better armor soon too... ahem, the assassin suit-lookin' armor perhaps... the K9000 is fun, but not very effective in this environment...

ohh, forgot to mention... this add-on is fucking funny!! they are really laying on the dark humor here... the initial conversation with the think tanks took 20 minutes, but i laughed a lot during it :lol:... there's plenty of humor in the terminals too...

some of the "bad rep" speech choices in fallout are usually pretty funny. even though you dont hear out loud what you say. and whats the best choice on finishing the storyline? take the strip? side with house, NCR or the legion

There's not really a "best" choice, it's whatever you feel like doing. The biggest thing to take note of is that, while the Legion path is fun, there aren't as many quests as there are for the other paths.

before i even got to big MT, i had one of those "hell yea!" moments when a group of jackals were walking just past the big screen at the drive-in... i launch a grenade from thump-thump over a hill and see only one threat left on the radar... i walk over there and find 4 dead jackals in a pile :D...

-----------------------

the sink does make a nice little bungalow doesn't it?? got one of the items working, the one with all the "functions"... and my initial impressions are very impressive, game locked up again though... i've entered a couple of labs and tackled one of the main quests, and found about a gazillion things to scavenge through... i don't think a level 15 person could handle those roboscorpions though, unless you really do need an energy weapons background for this add-on... i've decided to roll with the lobotomite jumpsuit for now since i am not paying 8,000 caps to repair my desert ranger armor, which is torn up... these robots can deal quite the damage here... i am thinking i should bring thump-thump along for the added protection...

ohh, one last thing, i now know what D stands for;

I think the synonym Big MT / Big Empty is hilarious.

At work we have an admin user name = envy.

It's because the video router is by nVision, or, NV. :lol:

Thump-Thump is the way to go. I don't have a problem with the scorps,

it's the Lobotomites, there are so many, and with the Y12 deadman suits.

Ever notice how when bad guys use normal weapons, it makes a difference?

Well I'm making plenty of food in my shop, because otherwise these guys

are eating through my thousand or so remaining stimpacks. One thing for sure,

this DLC is extremely funny. Another cool bunch of ways to make things,

and who would have thought toasters and coffee mugs make useful items.

Haven't tried the Boot Chute because it's not making sense.

As for armor, I've had the butler repair my T45D once, that's it.

I knew we would need heavy armor.

Against these Lobotomites, even the Anti-Material Rifle with incendiary

shells doesn't stop them in one shot. The RoboScorps seem afraid of fire.

So I use the modified flamer where ever possible. The modified sniper is

almost worthless. Also unless you mod it with the audio files, the Sonic

Emitter Revelation still doesn't seem to be all that against the 2 legged

threats.

The best weapon I like so far = Saturnite Fist Super-Heated. (Toaster Mod)

L0L @ penis feet

EDIT: Do yourself a favor, when you go to X13, do it at night time.

Like the strip at night, it is quite the amazing sight.

There's not really a "best" choice, it's whatever you feel like doing. The biggest thing to take note of is that, while the Legion path is fun, there aren't as many quests as there are for the other paths.

caps wise, which route

NCR has the most quests, and you'll walk away with a few thousand from the Camp McCarran quests alone. Before you do that, have you already gotten the Mark of Caesar from the Legion member who talks to you in New Vegas?

the NCR route is the reason why my main character is constantly teetering near the cap level... there's tons of quests and money opportunities with the NCR route... the independent route might have a lot of quests and cap opportunities too...

@synch - wow, i never noticed that!! the scientists do call it big mountain, but the initials do say big empty :lol:... nice find!! it all makes sense now, in a post-war kind of way... scavengers that pass through, see big MT, which when you tell the tale, sounds like big empty...

i was out scoring a bag of some stanky dank last night, "platinum" to be exact... god i love living in a medical state, good weed is EVERYWHERE!! but i was out late late last night... hopefully today is the day to plow through some of the labs...

lol @ synch, who lol'd @ penis feet :lol:... that had me in stitches... i wish i could exactly remember what he said, but something about penises on your feet... i couldn't stop laughing throughout that conversation, he kept going on and on about it :lol:... but then again, these doctors haven't had any human interaction in centuries... they kept rambling on and on and on and...

believe it or not, but i can handle crowds of lobotomites... i can drop them in 1-2 shots every time... and i also brought the .45 with me, which can rip off 6-7 VATS shots, easily enough to put down a few enemies before i whip out the riot shotgun or proton axe...

but those robots take more damage... i didn't try it, but i wonder if the pulse gun is more effective than the sonic emitter... i did bring it with me... but if i can get in close enough the proton axe works just fine...

the NCR route is the reason why my main character is constantly teetering near the cap level... there's tons of quests and money opportunities with the NCR route... the independent route might have a lot of quests and cap opportunities too...

@synch - wow, i never noticed that!! the scientists do call it big mountain, but the initials do say big empty :lol:... nice find!! it all makes sense now, in a post-war kind of way... scavengers that pass through, see big MT, which when you tell the tale, sounds like big empty...

i was out scoring a bag of some stanky dank last night, "platinum" to be exact... god i love living in a medical state, good weed is EVERYWHERE!! but i was out late late last night... hopefully today is the day to plow through some of the labs...

lol @ synch, who lol'd @ penis feet :lol:... that had me in stitches... i wish i could exactly remember what he said, but something about penises on your feet... i couldn't stop laughing throughout that conversation, he kept going on and on about it :lol:... but then again, these doctors haven't had any human interaction in centuries... they kept rambling on and on and on and...

believe it or not, but i can handle crowds of lobotomites... i can drop them in 1-2 shots every time... and i also brought the .45 with me, which can rip off 6-7 VATS shots, easily enough to put down a few enemies before i whip out the riot shotgun or proton axe...

but those robots take more damage... i didn't try it, but i wonder if the pulse gun is more effective than the sonic emitter... i did bring it with me... but if i can get in close enough the proton axe works just fine...

I don't know what your stealth level is, but I get one shot kills on robots

with the modified sniper, usually in surprise attacks. Use that when you do

your tests, and DON'T stop at passing the first test, do the optionals.

I found I could disarm any red lasers, it's the proximity mines that are hard to find.

Once you pass the first test, you can use a weapon on the robots, I had no idea

but I did it and they still re-spawn for the final tests. I'm telling you I love X13 man

it is awesome. I would like to get baked and play through this but not so far.

You brought the Pulse Gun? That should take out the robots fine. Also climb on anything

and everything to disarm more mines, there is so much shit in this place.

Hey man I got a weird question. I've found a lot of rare items that belong to Christine.

Thing is, this is my second FNV game remember? The one where I did everything including

getting Raul's mission success. But also, due to learning from my first game, I have

not done Dead Money on this file. So, you may already know the question.....

If Christine is in Old World Blues, not just a hologram or something, would you think

I would have a dialog with her? Because in theory, my current girl has never met her.

If it's a virtual Christine, it may work. But I'm a bit worried that if she's actually

here in the game, it won't allow you to see her because you've never met.

L0L @ Dr.Dala: No, no, penises are much larger, and not located on the feet.

the sonic emitter said it dealt bonus EMP damage, just like the pulse gun... same with the proton axe... however, the pulse gun only deals 4 damage for me, compared to 22 for the sonic emitter... however, the pulse gun does shoot better than the emitter... still not sure if it's worth trying out, there's so much loot in big mountain that i would rather save that extra 2 lbs. for a couple of rolls of duct tape :P... bones doesn't have a high barter skill so i don't have the perks that entails... every bit of storage room is vital... delilah can carry 4,000 lbs. of loot and still fast travel...

you know, i tackled X-8 first and strangely when the alarm would go off at the terminal, it would reset the enemies in the level... i think it was part of a test program but i do like it... i don't mind fighting the same enemies again, it adds more XP and no where else in the mojave does interior enemies re-spawn anyways...

i have used the fully modded sniper rifle a bit outside, but it's pretty useless indoors... i have gotten quite a few sneak critical kills with it, especially on nightstalkers, same with the fully modded .45... i find the K9000 is adequate outside as well... my characters skills are just not catered to this style of combat though, just the same as it was in dead money... this add-on is more suited for delilah once again :D... honest hearts and i am assuming lonesome road will be more catered to bones' style...

but alas, i will trek on, and continue to discover the secrets of big mountain... i am sure i will do just fine, i have afterall, logged over a 175 hours with this file, i think i can handle the constant threat of robots :D... the ghost people are still the toughest enemy from all the add-ons... so far... i have seen footage of a gigantic roboscorpion, and i've heard rumors of a legendary bloatfly as well... but i think i can manage a few robots, unless a pack of securitrons want to start some shit :lol:...

aight, time to sort out the inventory and make my way to X-13... i am sure i'll get side-tracked on the way :P....

Hey man I got a weird question. I've found a lot of rare items that belong to Christine.

Thing is, this is my second FNV game remember? The one where I did everything including

getting Raul's mission success. But also, due to learning from my first game, I have

not done Dead Money on this file. So, you may already know the question.....

If Christine is in Old World Blues, not just a hologram or something, would you think

I would have a dialog with her? Because in theory, my current girl has never met her.

If it's a virtual Christine, it may work. But I'm a bit worried that if she's actually

here in the game, it won't allow you to see her because you've never met.

Christine is only in OWB in the form of a few voice recordings, she's not actually in the DLC. She, Elijah, and Ulysses have already been to the Big Empty and left by the time you get there, no matter what order you do the DLC's in. No worries, man.

• Like 1

you know, i tackled X-8 first and strangely when the alarm would go off at the terminal, it would reset the enemies in the level... i think it was part of a test program but i do like it... i don't mind fighting the same enemies again, it adds more XP and no where else in the mojave does interior enemies re-spawn anyways...

i have used the fully modded sniper rifle a bit outside, but it's pretty useless indoors...

Actually in the Mojave, the Fiends re-spawn in Zap's, and in the pump house in fiend territory. Also, in the New Vegas Steel, a Fiend and 2-3 Mr.Steel re-spawn. There's more, I just can't remember them right now. But yeah, enemies do re-spawn indoors.

About the tests, there are two locations, the first one for the achievement sneaky suit, and the second I am on now, will finish soon. The first involved laser trip mines, proximity mines, and robots. Inside buildings, when in stealth, I get one-shot sneak kills with the silenced sniper. I also remember back in the Mojave, my Pulse Gun is a one-shot kill on robots. All of the fully modified Emitters aren't really doing jack shit for me, so I have just stashed them at my Sink pad. Each test, the robots will re-spawn until you complete the tests. I got the achievement and mission completed with optionals, and noticed, the tests are available for replay.

Christine is only in OWB in the form of a few voice recordings, she's not actually in the DLC. She, Elijah, and Ulysses have already been to the Big Empty and left by the time you get there, no matter what order you do the DLC's in. No worries, man.

Thanks man that is totally awesome news. In the game I've read, seen and heard where they all 3 stayed and what they did. Good items to be had, and one of the 3 mentioned, have a killer cave that you could live in I'm sure. It was interesting to exhaust all character dialogs to hear about those 3. They rarely mention names, but we know who each of the doctors dealt with, and the side mission provides how each affected the Big MT and the doctors.

i swear dr. dala just told me over the loudspeaker you hear everywhere in big MT that she misses my penis feet :lol:...

"Are you out there my Teddy Bear? I miss your little penis feet" :lol:

the opera singer version of the emitter seems to be working decent for me... i used it to take out an entire fleet of sentrybots near the yangtze camp, and various other robots at the construction site... it might take a few more shots, and you probably have to get a little closer than you would like to with such a weak weapon, but it surely worked better than me using my best gun weapon... the unique proton axe works better up close... i tested the pulse gun out and it was inferior to the emitters... these robots in the crater seem to have armor that protects against high levels of pulse signals... i guarantee the emitter will kick some robot ass in the mojave :D...

my next quest is going to take me to "THE FORBIDDEN ZONE!!"... lol, i like the way the scientists say that :lol:... for some reason this place reminds me of futurama, not sure why...

i've got only a few sink friends left to reboot... the sink, lightswitch 2, bio station, and mugsy... most of them have their upgrades too... i wonder if this game requires you to finish all active quests before you leave, like honest hearts... i think it's more like point lookout in that you can do them whenever...

the opera singer version of the emitter seems to be working decent for me... i used it to take out an entire fleet of sentrybots near the yangtze camp, and various other robots at the construction site... it might take a few more shots, and you probably have to get a little closer than you would like to with such a weak weapon, but it surely worked better than me using my best gun weapon... the unique proton axe works better up close... i tested the pulse gun out and it was inferior to the emitters... these robots in the crater seem to have armor that protects against high levels of pulse signals... i guarantee the emitter will kick some robot ass in the mojave :D...

my next quest is going to take me to "THE FORBIDDEN ZONE!!"... lol, i like the way the scientists say that :lol:... for some reason this place reminds me of futurama, not sure why...

i've got only a few sink friends left to reboot... the sink, lightswitch 2, bio station, and mugsy... most of them have their upgrades too... i wonder if this game requires you to finish all active quests before you leave, like honest hearts... i think it's more like point lookout in that you can do them whenever...

You'll want to do them before the end, because they have great value for the game.

Take old damaged books, or pre-war books, which are everywhere

(and if you've already sold them to the computer, buy them back)

then feed them to the Boot Chute to make blank books.

Add those to the help book recipes you find, and make skill books from Fallout 3.

I've already used up all mine, increasing each of the various skills by 4.

(That's because of the reader perk where you learn/retain more from the books)

The second Boot Chute upgrade allows mulching of clipboards

and pencils. I bought back from the computer like 50 various

clipboards and that yielded over 100 duct tapes.

I don't know why this kind of thing is so exciting to me.

The tarantula emitter isn't bad, but out of all of the emitter upgrades,

I'm on the mission now to max upgrade, hoping it will give me the pulse field

emitter to get through all those shields. Going for the advanced sonic emitter

testing now. Just heard Dr. Dala asking if Teddy Bear was out there again.

She sure does miss those penis feet.

My sink garden is almost completely full, only a few planter boxes left.

The food regens so there is a replacement for using up all your stimpacks.

Since my upgrades I've gotten the mini-labs to deliver up to 5 stimpacks a shot,

but it's still not enough with my high medical skill.

Hey it's probably true, I haven't checked the Wiki, but you can finish the game

and not do like a zillion quests. Explore later if you want but I have the last

mission quest available and am sacrificing any kind of speed award the doctors mentioned.

At one point every time I turned around more new quests, so there is a lot that will

probably not be available if I just go for the last mission now.

Right now I'm also wondering what the "preserved meat" is for, or if you can just eat it.

Never know when something will be needed later.

i just don't wanna lose out on a quest i never saw or started because i was done with old world blues... i hope i can still find those quests when i return... i've already done all the thinking head sidequests because i figured those would disappear after beating the add-on... but i hope there are others out there left to be found still...

i remember reading a long time ago that you pillage every location of everything, including books and forks... so i would imagine that you're ecstatic to see the book chute and toaster in this add-on... finally, there's a reason why you collected all that shit :P... there is practically a recipe for every junk item in new vegas now... even spoons and toasters and frying pans...

already then, time to fire up the PS3 :D...

I think I've done all the quests, aside from the final one. Dr. Mobius is a cool motherfucker.

Also, when you first enter the Forbidden Zone Dome, a big thing is going to happen. As soon as it does, head up the stairs on the right, through the various observation decks, and use both terminals. Once the distraction happens, head back to the door and go to the other side of the room, there are a couple more terminals that'll make things easier.

And that's my spoiler-free guide to surviving the first part of the last quest.

• Like 1

I think I've done all the quests, aside from the final one. Dr. Mobius is a cool motherfucker.

Also, when you first enter the Forbidden Zone Dome, a big thing is going to happen. As soon as it does, head up the stairs on the right, through the various observation decks, and use both terminals. Once the distraction happens, head back to the door and go to the other side of the room, there are a couple more terminals that'll make things easier.

And that's my spoiler-free guide to surviving the first part of the last quest.

Now I've only got the one left as well. I think I know what you mean. Thanks for the tips.

Could only be one thing really, and it was spoken of. So, I haven't started the last.

Instead just wrapping up the last few details, like getting the Hazmat Suit code enabled.

That thing is awesome. Also, hope you took the Wild West Perk. There is some funny shit

in the construction site.

I thought one of the hardest quests was the emitter upgrade, as you had to go through

the basic, then advanced testing, twice. Definitely worth it for that reward though.

Just upgraded my 9000 to the FIDO. :lol:

I'm going to fool around a bit more before doing the final.

EDIT:

Just looked at the Wiki, if they're right, I've done all the quests, found all locations.

Oh, forgot to mention, the terminals are locked, so unless you're well-invested in your science skill, thins are going to be a lot tougher. Sorry, I went in with 100 science and it didn't even occur to me you guys might not be going in with the same level.

good thing i didn't read this post before i too beat the game... i didn't do a damn thing to make it easier, i;

sneaked around it and hit it from behind with a critical sneak attack with the unique proton axe... then proceeded to use lots of stimpacks and swings with the axe

... i figured there were easier ways to do it, and found those same terminals later, but i did it the way my character would :D...

i am in the process of carrying everything back to the mojave... while i am at it, something strange happened that was unexpected... i am at level 46 :huh:... i thought the level cap was raised to 45?? i wonder if it's a glitch, or the way it's suppose to happen... if it suppose to happen, what will lonesome road do? raise it another 5?! anyone else having this happen to them??

i did thoroughly enjoy this add-on, probably ranks amongst the best add-ons, including fallout 3... i did probably 90% of what was out there, and i will always have that last 10% to do... i don't think i got all the skill book recipes, and missed a couple of locations too... the enemies were challenging at times, the locations were uniquely full of history, and stuff to loot... the story knew when to be humorous, and when to be serious... i can tell the idea of big MT has been waiting to be developed by these guys... it was well thought out...

one last thing... i ran across this in my journey, and i think it's legit... i found it in a weather testing lab, and this weather station was talked about in a note from;

elijah, as he watched the "other" courier's curiosity with the place

... and the terminal there talked about a man-made disaster in a town called, "hopeville"... i found this up on the wall, one of those electronic maps you find throughout the fallout universe...

lonesomeroadmap.jpg

ehh??

• Like 1

looks more like a town rather than a lonesome road... seems like the mojave outpost or canyon wreckage would be the starting point, the entrance being in the north of this map... i am counting out the cresent canyon as that was a train tunnel and i see no train tracks on the map above...

still not sure what this "old world" battle will be in a little town like "hopeville"... or how both of the couriers stories intersect in this place... there are sooo many questions to be answered right now...

I saw that map, pretty cool. When I was reading Elijah's paranoid ramblings about being watched in Little Yangtze, and a glint of a scope, you knew it wasn't Ulysses. Christina's scope was the glint he saw, it's a pretty sweet sniper with bonus criticals. Listening to Ulysses and Christina talking on the tapes from the cave really puts things into perspective. I don't see how we are supposed to hate this guy he's so cool. Whatever he stands for like the old world, I hope there will be some form of option to befriend this dude. Surprised he didn't kill Elijah. Sierra Madre must have been pretty important to Ulysses. There's even a fresh, untarnished poster in the Z-38 Lightwave Dynamics Research facility of Vera Keyes starring in "Love Sets Sail!" so you can see a good picture of her. But on the terminals the Vera hologram project seems a big thing because the MT execs and the Sinclair deals, like all the hazmat suits. "Experiments to fix experiments"...that right there is pretty disturbing that all that shit in Sierra Madre was man made including the cloud. I just went back to Z-38 because I forgot to do the back exit, and glad I did because there's like 8 plasma grenades in the dumpster and those things cost like 220 caps a shot. Also in there I forgot to mention before there are those passive holograms walking around like in Dead Money but they are passive. There are more connections between Dead Money and this DLC than in Honest Hearts. I remember Joshua mentioning the other courier but not much else, except that he was loosely connected to the Legion. Maybe that town Hopeville will be the setting in Lonesome Road, but I still wonder about the weather and storms and earthquakes and shit that's supposed to be on that road. Still think the entrance will be Canyon Wreckage over in the hills south of Lone Wolf. California would be west of the Mojave. Could work for the Mojave Outpost as well.

i think the lightwave dynamics location is one of the select few i missed... there were a couple of a locations i missed in the southwest corner of the crater... i too noticed a lot of guinea pig tests with the sierra madre from the terminals, about the toxins and the experimental hazmat suits...

there's still two things from this add-on at that was never answered for me...

1) how come no one wanted to explain how the mountain turned into a crater?? they said it was an experiment that at the time went terribly wrong, but over the years they began to appreciate the starlight sky... how in the hell did they just lift a mountain off the top of a super secret mountainous facility?? and was this pre-war or post-war??

2) no one ever explained how they created the creatures of the fallout universe!! numerous nightstalkers were abound and i read about a mistaken shipment sent to the school... but nothing on who or why they were created... same with the damned cazadors... i wanted to know!! instead they were just there and terminals treated it as such with no history... that part kinda bummed me out, i wanted to know exactly who was responsible for the cazadors so i could give them what they deserved... death...

Didn't you talk to Borous? He made the nightstalkers to 1-up a guy who made an eagle-something-something hybrid. He also made the cazadores, but he doesn't say why.