So here's an article from one of my favorite writers. He's not my favorite because I agree with him often, but quite the opposite. Mr. Goad makes me question where I stand on everything under the sun.

This article, http://takimag.com/a...t#ixzz2SjCI9liS, discusses, "Meg Lanker-Simons, who I’ll presume hyphenates her surname to prove she’s not beholden to the patriarchy, is a bespectacled female wildebeest who grazes the campus of the University of Wyoming, always on the lookout for sexual harassment but never quite able to find it.

On Thursday she will appear in court to face misdemeanor charges that she interfered with a police investigation by fabricating an online male identity who claimed he wanted to “hatefuck” her and thus transform her into a “good Republican bitch.” After this initial—and, according to police, self-generated—post on April 24, Lanker-Simons responded by saying, “I’m left to wonder if there’s someone out there with a violent fantasy about me….”

I have known several women, who have been sexually attacked or taken advantage of, and I also have had a former friend who falsely cried rape. It blew my mind, and turned out to be an elaborate scheme to drive off her fiance. When this happened, I did not think anyone would ever lie about a rape.

This is a difficult subject, but needs to be more openly discussed, so I brought it to y'all, my brothers and sisters of sweetness and light.

She was arrested for creating a fake profile? Did she report it to police as being real?

Either way, she is an attention whore... and the writer of that article is also an attention whore. I also don't care for his writing style. It is TOO jittery.

This article suggests the University reported it.

The post created a stir on social media and at the university, with school officials issuing statements denouncing the post against Lanker-Simons and campus police opening an investigation.

I didn't care much for the writer either, although I did agree with a lot of what he was saying, his sarcastic opinionated tone just really made me want to prove him wrong and wipe that smug look off his face (I'd imagine). Don't know if you guys got that stupid catch the cockroach FOR A FREE IPAD 2 ad (isn't the ipad 2 pretty old by now) that also made the article really hard to read and certainly made me all jittery.

Lanker-Simon never said she was raped, just created a fake facebook post to suggest that she's attractive and her political opponents are misogynist idiots. It's like a nerd creating a fake online profile of a girl who's madly in love with him and he's the best D&D game master ever. She's a pathetic loser, yes. An attention whore, absolutely (she even asked that the post not be taken down). A rape victim pretender? Not really just a shallow, lonely fool that created a huge mess just because she wanted to get some sympathy. At least she didn't destroy anyone else's life.

As for pretending to be a rape victim goes, well that's just awful. Not just for the accused rapist, but actual rape victims as well. The last thing a rape victim needs, is for there to be any doubt that she's been raped. If feminists can't sympathize with men falsely accused of being rapists, then they can at least understand this.

• Like 1

Came here expecting Metal Gear. Was disappointed.

I joke. As Dozy said, I'm not sure if she was really crying wolf in this instance. Just being ignorant.

Take a look on any street corner in America, and anybody can discover that that is certainly not a crime.

EDIT: Fixed idiotic typo.

Edited by GunSmith117

Well, if she didnt report it she isnt guilty of anything imo... Except for being a bitch.

The guy who wrote the article is a complete dick who wrote the story for pure shock value, so fuck him.

I will readily agree that Jim Goad, the author of the article, is an instigator, a verbal bully, and someone that thinks they are whittier than they are. But I just described myself as well.

I actually worked with someone who false reported a sexual assault for attention seeking purposes. She went to the extent of smashing herself in the face with a hairspray can to give herself the appropriate bruises. But something else happened that day which drew attention away from her and she got all depressed. Cops found out she was bullshitting and gave her hell. She got fired and I never saw her again even though I was expecting her to burst into the office one day with a shotgun..... She was a psychopathic liar and just down right awful person.

I sort of read the article but got bored and skimmed over a bit. The fake profile she made, was it a completely made up person or someone she actually knew?

If she knew the guy is made a fake account for then it's false accusations and wasting police time, which is a crime. Otherwise who gives a fuck.

Anyway there's nothing wrong with a little hatefuck, plus, that word doesn't mean to rape or intention to.

I actually worked with someone who false reported a sexual assault for attention seeking purposes. She went to the extent of smashing herself in the face with a hairspray can to give herself the appropriate bruises. But something else happened that day which drew attention away from her and she got all depressed. Cops found out she was bullshitting and gave her hell. She got fired and I never saw her again even though I was expecting her to burst into the office one day with a shotgun..... She was a psychopathic liar and just down right awful person.

Sounds like an interesting lady. Hook me up. :faplight: