Sign in to follow this  
Ku Zi Mu

Does anyone (*cough*TreeFitty*cough*) know why I don't get hideout cutcenes in RDR anymore?

I still get them for Hennegins Stead, The one west of Escalara, Soloman's Folly and Fort Mercer, but for some reason they aren't working for Twin Rocks, Tumbleweed, Gaptooth Breach, or Tesuro Azul. The peds that you're suppose to aid aren't showing up.

Edit: So that's a no then?

Haven't had that issue. Then again the last few times I did a hideout I didn't bother talking to the person I just ran in and shot all the bad guys.

I know sometimes things take a little bit to load so if you stand there they'll eventually show up. Could be dirt/dust on the disc too.

Nope, still nothing. The disc is clean, I've waited for it to load for eternity, and I've tried approaching the hideout from several different positions. They show up once, then apparently never again.

Btw, I'm playing on Hardcore mode.

That couldn't be it because I've helped the Sheriff in Tumbleweed several times before.

And if that's the case, why does Pikes's Basin's ped respawn all the time?

Nope, I just go to the hideout and every enemy shows up on the map. Then the text reads, Kill Waltons Gang etc. They give me the objective right off the bat.

There's no yellow X or anything.

Just did Twin Rocks without issue.

edit: I loaded up an older save from 2010 and didn't get the initial meeting/cutscene. Maybe you do only get it once. Either that or a patch along the way frigged it.

edit 2: I did twin rocks with the cutscene, passed a day and went back to try again and there was no cutscene the second time.

Okay. Bit of a disappointment but I can deal with it.

I guess the only reason some of them replay the scenes is because they're necessary. Like in Fort Mercer, that Mexican dued is your only way in.