Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

HD video game capture devices

Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition. This is the best choice this or the Black Magic Intensity Pro.

You will also need a 1TB External HDD because the format will cause the video's to be larger (a few Gig's depends on length)

Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition. This is the best choice this or the Black Magic Intensity Pro.

You will also need a 1TB External HDD because the format will cause the video's to be larger (a few Gig's depends on length)

Agreed.

I've heard good things about this.

The problem with it is it only supports up to 1080i while the others 1080p for that price get the Hap.

thank's ive bookmarked that aswell.. so these devices, they let you still view the ps3 on your tv, while routing the video feed to your pc to be saved?

Yes.

As I said if you wanted True HD 1080p and want the best you can get for the same price of others get the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 or the Black Magic Intensity Pro.

EDIT: a word

Give the "AVerMedia Live Gamer HD" a look. And from personal experience avoid USB devices like the HD PVR and Dazzle. They're very poor and if you have the ability to have a PCI capture card there really is no reason not to. Had no end of trouble trying to set up a HD PVR for a friend. Hauppauge used to make nice dedicated cap cards but the PVR seems kinda crappy.

hey! thinking about purchasing a hd capture device for use with the ps3.

does anyone know anything about them? found three so far that seem ok? price wise anyway.

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B005RKDI8E

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B0092P47GW

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B005FR1MFU

could be of good use for the site next year when V comes out, for multiplayer matches, and random clips..

Cool. You could even help make video guides for each mission, and collectables ;)

great. so it does it in hd? i just found out that one of the first ones i selected, only recorded the ps3 from a component cable and so it wasn't HD.

It will record HD if you use the correct settings and cables. Make sure it will record through HDMI if you want HD. The most recommended is the HD PVR 2, I would prefer a PCI capture card and would recommend the Black Magic, dazzle used to be a key capture card but it went to shit.

Hauppauge HD PVR 2

Connector Diagram

hdpvr2_connections-big.png

Black Magic Intensity/ Black Magic Intensity Extreme / Black Magic Intensity Pro

Black Magic Family

intensityfamily.jpg

Black magic is absolute shit, nothing but issues with it. Go with the Roxio HD pro if you want something cheap but good quality, and for the PS3. Comes with good software too.

Black magic is absolute shit, nothing but issues with it. Go with the Roxio HD pro if you want something cheap but good quality, and for the PS3. Comes with good software too.

Actually working with that baby under XP was nothing but a dream, and I heard the same for 7 too.

the HD PVR 2 doesnt record ps3 in hd though for some reason

It just records it at 30 frames a second instead of the usual 50/60fps, but right now not very few games are 1080p at 60 fps on console.

Which variant did you use? The PCI card has nothing but good reviews from what I've seen and saw from videos. The only reason I would guess it wouldprobably be shit was if your computer was and couldn't record and play at the same time.

the HD PVR 2 doesnt record ps3 in hd though for some reason

It just records it at 30 frames a second instead of the usual 50/60fps, but right now not very few games are 1080p at 60 fps on console.

Which variant did you use? The PCI card has nothing but good reviews from what I've seen and saw from videos. The only reason I would guess it wouldprobably be shit was if your computer was and couldn't record and play at the same time.

I was testing my friends which was a few years old, since then I've used a new one and it works like a charm.