Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney1

GTA 3

For those of you who loved the remix of O Mio Babbino Caro for the Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition Launch Trailer, you can now download the song from iTunes! Head on over to the iTunes store right here to download this classic song remixed into a danceable, rampageable tune! The song is officially titled O Mio Babbino Caro - GTAIII 10th Anniversary Remix (feat. Hudson Mohawke).

/copypasta

Guest Marney-1

According to this Playstation Blogcast - skip to @10:53 - GTA III is coming to PSN (N. America) this Tuesday July 31st as a Playstation 2 Classic. Being a PS2 Classic it probably won't have had a good polishing. Direct port?

According to this Playstation Blogcast - skip to @10:53 - GTA III is coming to PSN (N. America) this Tuesday July 31st as a Playstation 2 Classic. Being a PS2 Classic it probably won't have had a good polishing. Direct port?

Yeah it'll be a straight port. I might get it though. I can't play my PS2 games anymore since i got a new PS3.

Guest Marney-1

Yeah it'll be a straight port. I might get it though. I can't play my PS2 games anymore since i got a new PS3.

I have my PS3 (kind of 'borrowed' it back from my brother) but I don't have an old TV to play it on so I'll be getting this.

News'd at iGTA:

GTA III Coming to PSN's PS2 Classics on July 31st?

"Note: Due to an unforeseen complication, the Grand Theft Auto III PS2 Classic is not publishing with today’s Store post. We will update you when a new release date has been identified. We apologize for the inconvenience."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/31/playstation-store-update-250/

So GTA III was actually (at some point) going to be up today. I think Rockstar intervened.

To me Rockstar would want to be the ones announcing anything or have a chance to hype the release a little bit. It's not avatars it's a whole Grand Theft Auto game. Aside from the ESRB ratings this came out of nowhere. Rockstar hasn't said a peep so I think they want to have some control or a decent say over one of their games releasing.

another site reporting, that apparently there was a third party not authourising the use of a track that was originally in the game.

yea but i thought rockstar would have had to been asked or told that PSN was releasing it, before sony even started to plan to get it on their system lol.

hold on i'll try find it!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/31/playstation-store-update-250/

in the comment section.

One of the blog staff - Morgan Haro: replied to a user - "

We made a note about this at the top of the post. There were some last minute issues with getting clearance for a certain audio track in the game; but the teams at Rockstar are on it to review how to best get this title on PSN."

he replied : We made a note about this at the top of the post. There were some last minute issues with getting clearance for a certain audio track in the game; but the teams at Rockstar are on it to review how to best get this title on PSN.

I think the US PSN Store blog update posts around 2 PM Eastern US so in about an hour and a half it should be up here if not sooner.

edit around 2:30: .... *taps foot*

edit little later: alright, now that I logged in the comments started after 4 PM for last week's update...