Sign in to follow this  
Psy

LA-Noire.TV

I'm currently working on a new mini-site for guides for LA Noire. I intend to write guides to cover everything required for 100% completion, including 5* Case walkthroughs (including all evidence and correct questions), street crimes and all collectables.

You can see the site at http://www.la-noire.tv. It's a work in progress, but the content is gradually being added. I could do with some help though if anyone would like to provide assistance.

Mainly I'm looking for people to write guides for the street crimes. Just give a basic overview of the crime (an introduction), and then a brief walkthrough of how to complete the case.

For example the first crime I remember doing was chasing some guy who was shooting from a rooftop. So you'd put something like:

"Crime Name"

A man fires a weapon from a rooftop, then tries to escape on foot.

Climb the drainpipe to the roof, then chase the suspect down the next drainpipe and keep following him until he takes a hostage. Shoot him and don't hit the hostage.

Doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

Post any feedback on the site, or any help for guides here. You will of course be credited.

i would love to but i have to pass... i provided a few helpful guides for RDR but last year i had more free time... this year, i don't think i have the time to write a guide... sorry, and i just finished the street crimes last night too :(... i don't think i want to play them all again in the next week to write a guide...

but i would love to use your guides for the film reels, landmarks and vehicles... maybe by the time i wrap up 5-starring the cases you'll have these guides ready... sorry i can't help this time around...

i would love to but i have to pass... i provided a few helpful guides for RDR but last year i had more free time... this year, i don't think i have the time to write a guide... sorry, and i just finished the street crimes last night too :(... i don't think i want to play them all again in the next week to write a guide...

but i would love to use your guides for the film reels, landmarks and vehicles... maybe by the time i wrap up 5-starring the cases you'll have these guides ready... sorry i can't help this time around...

No problem. Cheers for helping out with the RDR guides. As for the landmarks, just get on Rockstar Social Club. They have their own map on there showing all of the locations of hidden stuff, but it's practically cheating so I'm trying not to use it.

I completed the game last night and in doing so discovered my first film reel in the old shack owned by the flamethrower guy. Are they just scattered around the city because that's the first one i've collected.

Yeah there's 50 of them in random places. I haven't found any yet but I presume they're just like hidden packages.

Can I ask a favour from anyone using social club who has completed all story cases (and preferably gathered all, or nearly all of the evidence)?

Any chance you can view the Case Tracker for every case and post links to the images for each of the clues, and each of the persons of interest? The same one's I'm using on http://www.la-noire.tv/the-red-lipstick-murder for example? I only need the images for the last Vice case and all of Arson.

Do it in spoiler tags if possible.

Cheers.

Here's the first five street crimes from the traffic desk, I don't know if you already have them:

Shoo Shoo Bandits

3rd/Hill Street

A man sitting on the steps of the Angels Flight railway claims to have been mugged by armed robbers.

Run up the steps and into the alleyway on the left and shoot the two robbers, one will attempt to escape in a car but you can easily stop him before this happens.

Boxing Clever

267 Main Street

A man is raiding a drugstore. As you enter he flees out the back of the building narrowly avoiding being run down by a car.

After he hops the fence give chase and follow him up the ladder onto the construction site, when he reaches the top he'll have nowhere to go. Avoid his punches and knock him out with a melee attack.

Pawnshop Holdup

333 Main Street

A pawnshop is being held up by three armed robbers who have taken a hostage.

Run round the back of the building and take out the first two gunmen. Then climb the stairs to the roof where the third gunman has a hostage, wait for a clear shot at the gunman without killing the hostage.

Masked Gunman

6th/Ceres Avenue

A woman tells you a masked gunman is firing from the rooftops.

Climb the ladder then immediately slide down the drainpipe, hop the fence and run around the corner. Shoot the gunman without hitting any civilians.

Amateur Hour

829 Olive Street

A dressmakers is being robbed by a gang of thieves.

Enter through the hole in the wall and take cover beside the doorway. Kill the guy who pops up from behind the front counter then climb the stairs slowly and turn around, take out the two guys who appear from behind cover. Run back down the stairs and out the way you came in where Bekowsky is lying on the floor, run past him and the woman will be getting into a car. No need to grab your own as she'll crash into a wall about 20ft away (typical woman driver) approach the car to apprehend her.

I haven't got time to write any guides but here is a useful guide i found for reels if you want to hunt them and just write a quick guide from that... Unless you want to find them all yourself...

Map:

canistermap.jpg

Locations:

thanks dup, i will be using that for the film reels... possibly tonight if i am not bothered by friends... i am trying to 100% this soon, because i got a friend that wants to borrow it :D... hopefully the store comes back soon so i can play the DLC cases before i loan it out...

open the map and press i think R1 or L1, it will highlight the street crimes on your map, then set a marker for the destination... the red ones are yet to be done... and some of desks have night time crimes as well so you'll have to wait out the night cycle...

As i'm currently finding the last few cars, i thought i may as well donate you this list of cars Psy. Just to make the guide-making process a little easier on you i guess.

List of Cars:

2-Door Cars (25 Vehicles):

1936 Buick Business Coupe

1941 Buick Coupe

1939 Buick Eight Convertible

1939 Buick Eight Coupe

1941 Buick Custom

1947 Buick 2DR Sedanette

1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster 2DR

1949 Chevrolet Styleline

1946 Chrysler Town and Country

1936 Cord Hardtop

1946 DeSoto 2DR Custom

1936 Ford Convertible

1940 Ford Custom

1947 Ford 2DR

1940 Ford Business Coupe

1947 Ford Tudor Convertible

1940 Ford V8 Sedan

1939 LaSalle V8 Sedan

1942 Lincoln Continental Coupe

1948 Nash Super 600

1946 Packard Clipper Eight

1940 Packard Custom

1948 Packard Clipper Six

1941 Pontiac Torpedo Six

1947 Studebaker Commander

4-Door Cars (19 Vehicles):

1935 Cadillac LaSalle Series 50

1947 Cadillac Series 61 Touring Sedan

1942 Cadillac Series 61

1942 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine

1940 Chevrolet Sedan

1934 Chrysler Airflow

1938 Plymouth P5

1946 DeSoto Custom Suburban

1947 Hudson Super Six

1939 International D Series Sedan

1947 Frazer Manhattan

1939 Lincoln Zephyr Touring

1948 Oldsmobile Hydramatic 88

1940 Oldsmobile Sedan

1947 Packard Clipper Eight

1939 Plymouth Sedan

1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe Six

1937 Pontiac Sedan Six

1939 Willys Overland

Sport Cars (8 Vehicles):

1934 Cadillac V16 Convertible

1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Convertible

1941 Mercury Custom

1939 Ford DeLuxe Convertible

1946 Lincoln Continental Convertible

1937 Lincoln Model K Convertible Roadster

1939 Nash La Fayette Convertible

1947 Oldsmobile S98 Convertible

Service Cars (19 Vehicles):

1946 International KB8 (Polar Bear Ice Truck)

1947 Chevrolet Pickup

1937 Chevrolet Van

1949 Chevrolet Civilian Van

1940 Chevrolet Pickup 2

1947 GMC Pickup

1942 Nash Deluxe 600 Army

1946 American LaFrance Fire Truck

1947 Buick Ambulance

1947 Chevrolet Tow Truck

1946 DeSoto Custom Suburban Taxi

1939 Dodge Fuel Truck

1948 Ford Ambulance

1949 International Metro KB1M

1946 International KB5

1939 International D Series

1947 Heil Colecto-Pak

1946 International KB8

1946 International KB6

Police Cars (9 Vehicles):

1947 Buick Super

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible

1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster 2DR

1949 Chevrolet Coroner's Van

1947 Ford Police Special

1948 Hudson Commodore

1940 International Police Wagon

1947 Nash Super 600

1947 Studebaker Commander

Bonus Cars (15 Vehicles):

1936 Cadillac Town Car

1946 Chrysler Woody

1939 Cisitalia Coupe

1936 Cord 810 Softtop

1948 Davis Deluxe

1937 Delage D8 120

1937 Delage D8-120 S Poutout Aero-Co

1947 Delahaye 135MS Cabriolet

1934 Duesenberg Walker Coupe

1938 Phantom Corsair

1936 Stout Scarab

1948 Talbot GS26

1948 Tucker Torpedo

1938 Voisin C7

1932 Ford H Boy

/edit

Also found an in-depth guide to finding vehicles at set locations:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=311616

"The Golden Butterfly" for the homicide desk is first and each one after that. So a little under half of the cases are done.

If you look at the ones before it, the walkthrough just needs a basic go here, do this, go somewhere else type description. Nothing too fancy.

In related news, la-noire.tv is the #5 result for me on Google for "la noire guides". But I don't know if the Google+1 thing is affecting that.

I really need to work on that site. Spent ages on it but haven't advertised it or anything. And yeah half the guides haven't been done yet. Didn't have time when I did it, but now I need to play through again. Might do it once I finish GTA 4.