Sign in to follow this  
Qdeathstar

Would You Pay Full Price LV & SF

Lets say that GTA 5 was slightly bigger than gta 4 when it gets released, and covers only Los Santos; and contains about 75% of the ammount of missions as gta 4.

Then, lets say rockstar announces that gta 5: Las venturas and gta 5: San fierro will be released three months and six months away from gta 5s release date and will continue and conclude the gta5 story arc.

Assume the releases will contain the same ammount of content as the gta 5 aformentioned and that buying the second and third game allowed you to install the map onto your harddrive for freeplay without swapping disks..

Would you pay 60 dollars a peice for all three games.

Guest Marney-1

You mean the maps will somehow join together so we can freeplay seemlessly across say, a bridge to Las Venturas or San Fierro?

Wow, that is a stupid idea...and one unlike anything Rockstar has ever done or is ever likely to do.

So no. No I wouldn't. Because Rockstar never would either.

-EDIT-

Besides it's impossible. Some people don't have HDDs big enough for 2 extra games to be installed on their system, and Microsoft still requires all games to be playable on the 360 without hard drive installs, so you couldn't even do what you're talking about in the first place.

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

Yeah, basically remove barriers/ open tunnels....

I think I get you now. Erm, I probably would pay for it yes, I mean I effectively paid over £300 for GTA IV. (Bought a PS3 just to play it).

Wow, that is a stupid idea...and one unlike anything Rockstar has ever done or is ever likely to do.

-EDIT-

Besides it's impossible. Some people don't have HDDs big enough for 2 extra games to be installed on their system, and Microsoft still requires all games to be playable on the 360 without hard drive installs, so you couldn't even do what you're talking about in the first place.

You could still play the games individually without installing them, and would basically be installing just the map...so it would be possible...

The only xbox that doesnt have room for three disks is the xbox arcade version.. All the other ones are atleast 20 gigs...

-EDIT-

You could still play the games individually without installing them, and would basically be installing just the map...so it would be possible...

The only xbox that doesnt have room for three disks is the xbox arcade version.. All the other ones are atleast 20 gigs...

It would be annoying and stupid to have three games that are meant to be seamless split up into three separate disks and disk switching.

Also even those with 20 GB will have other games on their 360. Also movies and TV shows and DLC etc. 2 whole games take up a lot of room.

Also how would Rockstar even advertise this? 3 month gaps between the releases isn't long at all. The DLC for IV took 9 months before the TLaD came out, and 8 months after that for TBoGT, and those are much smaller then what you're talking about here.

You're not being very realistic here, which just make the whole idea of whether or not anyone would want to buy it kinda stupid because it's a situation that will never, ever, exist.

-EDIT-

It would be annoying and stupid to have three games that are meant to be seamless split up into three separate disks and disk switching.

Also even those with 20 GB will have other games on their 360. Also movies and TV shows and DLC etc. 2 whole games take up a lot of room.

Also how would Rockstar even advertise this? 3 month gaps between the releases isn't long at all. The DLC for IV took 9 months before the TLaD came out, and 8 months after that for TBoGT, and those are much smaller then what you're talking about here.

You're not being very realistic here, which just make the whole idea of weather or not anyone would want to buy it kinda stupid because it's a situation that will never, ever, exist.

Lol he's just asking you to imagine it happened. He's not saying it would or will.

• Like 1

-EDIT-

how would anything ever get made if it was classed as a stupid idea because it hadn't been done before lol. no one knows what Rockstar are doing right now, tomorrow or in the future lol.

-EDIT-

how would anything ever get made if it was classed as a stupid idea because it hadn't been done before lol. no one knows what Rockstar are doing right now, tomorrow or in the future lol.

It's not like it's something that has potential. The idea is stupid. Like Clip said it's not like QD is saying this realistically, but let me ask you this.

From a market standpoint, do you really think the majority of people would realistically go out and spend $180 on three games that should just be one game?

From a consumer stand point, would you really want to have to spend that kind of money to get one game split into three parts? Marney says he spent around $300 because he also bought his PS3 for it, but he can use his PS3 for a lot of other things.

From a business stand point, do you think that you would get really good reviews and future sales without a lot of critique?

The idea would fail in my opinion.

Actually I agree with Trixster. Using your imagination and dreaming up new ideas to try is where the best cutting edge original shit comes from.

I had the same idea and curiousity in my head about Rockstar possibly pulling a huge suprise on us and releasing SF and LV as add ons to GTA 5 a few months ago...

and since I have an IQ of 142 and own 3 businesses... I am far from stupid.

So I dont think Knights idea is stupid at all. Its a cool idea.

So YES I would buy all 3 games if they were released on seperate discs.

DLC isn't going to stay as small as it is just now! in the future Rockstar could add new islands, and land etc to their games. If it was entirely new city the same size or bigger than the original game with just the same amount of content and missions, id pay full price but it is essentially a new game.

Like Clip said it's not like QD is saying this realistically, but let me ask you this.

From a market standpoint, do you really think the majority of people would realistically go out and spend $180 on three games that should just be one game?

From a consumer stand point, would you really want to have to spend that kind of money to get one game split into three parts? Marney says he spent around $300 because he also bought his PS3 for it, but he can use his PS3 for a lot of other things.

From a business stand point, do you think that you would get really good reviews and future sales without a lot of critique?

that is my question. Your answer is no to all three questions.

Becuase if people can answer yes for the first two questions then it would definately be possible for rockstar to release a game in this way.

And assuming the content of the games was as i described in my opening post, i see no reason why the couldnt get positive reviews...

Guest Marney-1
Marney says he spent around $300 because he also bought his PS3 for it, but he can use his PS3 for a lot of other things.

Not dollars Brian - pounds which would make it over $400 maybe even $500 I'm not sure plus I got the PS3 so I could play GTA IV, I had no idea you could do anything else with it apart from play games at the time. I though it was just a new console to replace the PS2 so I did pay silly money just so I could play GTA IV.

I do know that, this probably isn't going to happen this generation of consoles. I don't think Rockstar will surprise us with San Fierro or Las Venturas. I don't know why people even think they might.

Would you pay for it if it were to happen?

I mean, i dont ever see a game as massive as gta sanandreas being released again unless it is done in this way, and the demand has to be there for it to happen..

Guest Marney-1

Would you pay for it if it were to happen?

I mean, i dont ever see a game as massive as gta sanandreas being released again unless it is done in this way, and the demand has to be there for it to happen..

I'd be wondering where the fuck the games industry was heading if this sort of thing happened but I would definitely be a mug and let them rob me of my hard earned cash because I'm stupid like that.

I agree with OPx in that this is not a realistic idea for a game at all. It's also the dumbest business strategy as well. I wouldn't spend $180 on three games of basically the same shit, go here, kill them, blow them up, etc. released in a 9 month window; just for a change in scenery. "No, bro, you'd be in LV and it would be a continuation of the game". Yes, that's called a fucking sequel. "Okay, well it would be like an expansion, on another disc that you can play with the original game, but you have to have the new disc to download it." Disc-DLC of enormous size, sure I guess that's possible, but you're charging full retail price? No thanks, I'll play something else.

You're basically asking if we will keep buying GTA games if they are released? Or is there some stupid parameter I am missing.

• Like 1

Anyone who has played the Assassin's Creed series or is a major DLC whore has already experienced this. ACII was a complete game, and Brotherhood felt like the next chapter--well rounded and fun to play, with a few notable changes to fighting and movement--but an extension of ACII nonetheless. That doesn't include the extra DLC content available for several of the AC series... so if you pay full price for each game upon release, then full price for each DLC upon release, you do end up paying more than $60 or so for what could arguably be considered a 'single' game experience. Some companies really take advantage of consumers willing to fork out an extra $15-$30 for additional content. I'd prefer to wait an extra 3-6 months for a new release to come out with all content included, than have pay through the nose for a lame extra 20 minutes of gameplay that wasn't finished in time.

I generally don't pay full price for a game upon first release anyway...I'll wait until the price has dropped to something more reasonable, get a used disc, or wait until a bundled / GOTY version comes out. Or I'll ask for a title as a gift and let someone else pay full price.

GTA is the exception, of course. I'll be first in line to get GTA V when it's released.

I didn't bother getting TLaD and TBoGT right away when they came out, and I would probably do the same for SF & LV...just wait a few months, and get them when the price has dropped.

Sign in to follow this