Psy

Twitter & Facebook Integration

If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can connect it with your forum account which can allow you to copy your photo from Facebook or Twitter to use on this website, or automatically update your statuses on FB/Tw with statuses you post on here (or the other way around).

To connect your Twitter account: Twitter Connect

To connect your Facebook account: Facebook Connect*

Please note it appears the Facebook connect section is a bit temperamental, you might need to refresh a few times before it loads.

Once you log into your account on either of the above websites, you'll be asked to allow iGTA5 to access your data through our FB/Tw applications. This is totally secure and we won't do anything without your permission.

Once you accept the application your account will be linked and you can then use the links above to choose which features you wish to use.

Enjoy.

post-1-0-03065500-1299851828_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-61508400-1299851835_thumb.jpg

No idea why you're getting that, there's no settings preventing it, can you open the attchment in Psy's other thread? Or is it just this one?

• Like 1

Great for them who likes it, however I will add all the social networking sites to my hosts file and firewall. Their icons and integration is so widespread that I begin to see it as internet pollution. -_-

It also makes websites wait during the load process when the crappy scripts has to load from third party servers. <_<

• Like 1

Great for them who likes it, however I will add all the social networking sites to my hosts file and firewall. Their icons and integration is so widespread that I begin to see it as internet pollution. -_-

It also makes websites wait during the load process when the crappy scripts has to load from third party servers. <_<

Yep, I hate those so much. They litter every page of the internet. I use Shellfish to block them in Chrome: http://open-bits.com/shellfish/

• Like 1

Yep, I hate those so much. They litter every page of the internet. I use Shellfish to block them in Chrome: http://open-bits.com/shellfish/

Wow someone agreed with me on this? :huh:

Thank you for the Shellfish tip! I'll try it. :D

Why do we have them integrated here? Is it adding traffic? I would like to see bookface and twatter removed from the site and their names tabooed and added to a swear filter. Sigh.

For the front end website I'm using their integration as a trial. If we get a lot of traffic through it, they'll stay, but facebook particularly is a pain in the arse. I coded the site to validate to web design standards perfectly, and Facebook made up their own stupid code which doesn't validate with any normal website, so the whole site doesn't validate. Would love to take it off but I'll try it out for a few weeks first and see what it brings. For the forums, they're built in and stuff like facebook login will definitely be staying.

For a (significant) increase in traffic it's worth it, I see that. :)

For the forums, they're built in and stuff like facebook login will definitely be staying.

So it is bundled with the forum now. That stuff is bundled everywhere soon. It's not bundled in my car and bed yet, but I guess that's just luck.