Sign in to follow this  
Caolan Mc Garry

Sharing your home with friends/family

In the past GTAs. I've kinda hated the idea of not being able to properly share your appartment with a friend or a relative. For example,in GTA IV you never saw Roman or Mallorie in your Bohan safehouse and it never made any sense to me. Does anyone have a different opinion than me or feel the same? Please let me know.

The other characters only appear during a mission, the rest of the time you are free to do as you wish, but alone. I don't see them creating a "having breakfast" minigame just so your relative/roommate has a reason to spawn. I mean, it would have been cool to shoot some pool with someone in Playboy X's apartment, but the primary reason for safehouses is to save, change clothes, collect weapons etc, and have a quiet place away from missions.

What kind of interaction would you want with a NPC at a safehouse? Hot coffee, watching TV, reading the paper...I'm not sure I see the point.

In my opinion, there is a line where it crosses over into too much realism, and it's not fun anymore. This has come up in other posts too, people wanting features that are too Sims-like.

You could do it where instead of phoning someone and going out they could come to you and play pool etc.

But I think it would get annoying just like the going bowling etc.