Sign in to follow this  
Commissar Tommy32

Is this compatible?

Hi all,

Firstly yes I have been away for a while but no-once cares :D

Will the Asus P8P67 Pro/Gen 3 motherboard work with the Asus Radeon HD6950 DirectCUII

I need to know because I am building a new computer in July and I want this combo :)

I am also asking as the radeon is 3 slots (It has a big cooler)

Thanks in advance,

Tommy

P67? Absolutely. My only actually issue at the moment is your case size. What form factor case is it? I had a GFX card that got hot and would reach like 80 degrees easily because of a small case that had no real ventilation.

I will be getting a Sharkoon T28 case. It is a normal size atx case and it has 3 120mm fans already installed. The power supply is also modular (better air flow) and The case has a removablt HDD cage so it has more room for the card to "breathe"

Yes, it shall. Although I don't like the gfx card you would use I would prefer the GTX Graphic's cards but to each his own.

I personally plan on getting the GTX 590 for the fact it can run upto 3 monitors on a single card, but it's costly

Yes, it shall. Although I don't like the gfx card you would use I would prefer the GTX Graphic's cards but to each his own.

I personally plan on getting the GTX 590 for the fact it can run upto 3 monitors on a single card, but it's costly

ATI give a better bang:buck. If you're after performance it's nVidia all the way.

Don't bother with the 590, wait for the 6XX series.