Sign in to follow this  
zmoney123

Will motion scan technology be used in GTA 5?

Will MotionScan Technology Be Used?

lanorie.jpg

With Rockstar’s uber successful published L.A. Noire featuring breathtaking facial animations using the new MotionScan technology, many pundits are expecting that to be expanded upon for the new game and we are betting it will feature.

Officially, only Team Bondi co-founder Brendan McNamara has gone on record teasing that Rockstar would be interested in using the technology for GTA V but are proceeding with caution;

“Yeah, I think they’re looking at it for every game. As much as
L.A. Noire
is a huge game,
Grand Theft Auto
is incredibly huge, so you’ve got all the problems of how big the cast would be and how many lines would you have to record and all that kind of stuff. Obviously we’d like them to, and they’re more than welcome to use MotionScan, but if they decide it’s not right for that and want to use it for another game, then that’s fine too.”

Probaby not, as Team Bondi are experienced with it, not Rockstar. Rockstar just published the game. But we never know until it's confirmed. Personally I hope they do use it, the faces in LA Noire were so detailed.

It won't be there. The technology was being pushed by Team Bondi really. If it was an option, there'd be limited use to it. Obviously it works in a detective game, but in GTA it's unnecessary. I'd rather they spent the time/money/disc space elsewhere.

"Rockstar is considering the implementation of L.A Noire's innovative MotionScan face capture technology in all of its new games - including the next Grand Theft Auto.

That's according to Team Bondi co-founder Brendan McNamara speaking in the relaunched PSM3, on sale this week."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/312565/gta-v-rockstar-looking-at-la-noire-face-tech-says-bondi/

Dated from july. Regardless of what McNamara thinks, it's a pretty pointless addition to the game. Maybe a gta title on a next-gen console, but it would be a waste of space right now.

i don't know, i didn't think that LA Noire looked particularly impressive, and if thats the reason i had to get off my ass 3 times to swap disks out, PASS!.

And "considering" doesn't mean anything. I'm sure top people at Rockstar said good things about it and that it could have possibilities outside of L.A. Noire.

I think it takes up too much time and disc space to be practical with GTA. No real use for it either.

I think GTA V will use some kind of facial capture, but not in the same level as L.A.Noire. Something loosely implemented into animations. GTA is R*'s baby, they will push it in that direction a bit, to stay relevant, and to keep with cinematic conventions other top games are using, just pushing them further.