Massacre

Fallout

Yep. I'm somehow more excited by that than some of the screenshots we've gotten for the other DLC's. I guess it's because Dead Money was red-tinted survival horror, Honest Hearts was mostly tribal wilderness, Old World Blues is all sciency, and this looks like pure wasteland, which is what I prefer.

that my friend looks like lonesome road to me...

Yep. I'm somehow more excited by that than some of the screenshots we've gotten for the other DLC's.

I guess it's because Dead Money was red-tinted survival horror, Honest Hearts was mostly tribal wilderness,

Old World Blues is all sciency, and this looks like pure wasteland, which is what I prefer.

It does look more like Lonesome Road. I always wonder how we are going to make it through all the storms and supposed danger

that is caused by the Great Divide. That's just wondering, from what I've read. Also, we know where the entry to that DLC will be.

Where is the entry point for Old World Blues again? Did we know and I forgot?

Or did we not know yet, and were just talking about it..... :lol:

My money's on the train tunnel in Crescent Canyon. The projector/robot thing from the Qore footage is definitely in the Mojave Drive-In.

Heartless predicted it would be the entrance to one of the DLC's, so ten points for him if he ever turns up here.

• Like 1

i say the entrance to lonesome road is the mojave outpost... i recall hearing blurbs about dangerous stuff that way, plus it's a road... although, the canyon is fairly close so perhaps that is an alternate path for those not friends of the NCR :D...

what about the canyon wreckage though?? i say it's a dead end, just like the car wreckage in the north/east corner of the map... i thought that was going to be the entrance to dead money or possibly zion once i found out it was in utah...

I'm pretty sure the Canyon Wreckage is the entrance to Lonesome Road. It wouldn't be the Mojave Outpost, because that's the main road into California and most of the caravans travel through there, so that road definitely doesn't go to the Divide.

My money's on the train tunnel in Crescent Canyon. The projector/robot thing from the Qore footage is definitely in the Mojave Drive-In.

Heartless predicted it would be the entrance to one of the DLC's, so ten points for him if he ever turns up here.

I figured Crescent Canyon train tunnel, or the car wreckage near Tumbleweed Ranch would be a DLC entry point.

During that conversation I also remember mentioning the Northern Passage, and after finishing Dead Money, there

was a door at the end of the tunnel so we knew it would be a DLC entry point, but didn't know it would be Zion.

@bOnEs

We already knew (hence the graffiti) that the Canyon Wreckage was the intro to the Great Divide and the Lonesome Road.

Would be very cool though, if the gates of the Mojave Outpost were to open. (Y)

there's graffiti everywhere in the mojave... there's even DLC graffiti sprinkled around the car wreckage... and i thought i recall hearing that the caravans were stuck at the outpost due to the dangers in the mojave, AND the dangers heading back down the road to LA, which is why that path was closed off with a gate...

it would make more sense to clear the canyone wreckage, but i thought you guys were convinced that it was going to be the cresent canyon... isn't that what QD predicted, or did he actually predict the mojave drive-in as an entry point?! you know what, i bet the drive-in is just the starting point for that DLC... the car wreckage could still be the entry point to montana... or maybe that road that goes past the nellis air force base as well...

has anyone scouted possible DLC entry points to determine if something has changed?? i might do that here soon after i take a shit and a shower and finish dicking around on the internet...

has anyone scouted possible DLC entry points to determine if something has changed??

After the recent game update, I went to the Crescent Canyon train tunnel,

the car wreckage by Tumbleweed Ranch, and the Canyon Wreckage where it says

the Lonesome Road and the Divide, and no changes so far. Mostly I was

looking for fixes but I did manage to check those places briefly.

Haven't gone to Mojave Outpost gate though.

hey, i just traveled to the canyon wreckage, and it looked different to me... or, maybe i forgot what the wreckage looked like before, but it looks different for some reason... i thought it used to be a pile of wreckage, now it kinda looks like a passageway... i don't know anymore...

mojave outpost looks the same...

field's shack highway looks the same...

so, after exploring the car wreckage and the mojave drive-in, it's come to my attention that both locations bare the "goshua graham lives" and "the burned man walks" graffiti... lonesome road is lonesome road, but i recall seeing the same graffiti on the abandoned bunker... but it just doesn't add up, big MT is in montana, and that's a long ways away from the mojave, and the wrong direction from from the car wreckage... unless, big MT refers to this one;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Mazama

which is located in oregon, which would be the right direction from the car wreckage, and has the same kind of layout, except this one is filled in with water, crater lake to be exact... but, it's very possible that it was drained to create a super RD lab...

because creating the big empty inside an active volcano is just donwright idiotic, and that's also what big MT is, mt. st. helens in montana... using a prehistoric-made crater from a collapsed volcano for the lab makes more sense to me...

here's the crater without water;

Mazama_bathymetry_survey_map.jpg

here's the crater in old world blues

720px-BigEmptyMap.png

or maybe it's located somewhere south, which would totally confuse me... but, where else are you going to find a location near vegas like that??

--------------------

what sec, i found one located in arizona...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_Crater

800px-Meteorcrater.jpg

perhaps?? this one might make the most sense since it's out in the middle of nowhere, and can be seen from space... the big empty surrounded by big empty desert...

---------

or maybe it was a man-made bomb-testing site converted into a research and development center... maybe i should shut up and wait for the damn thing to come out on tuesday and find out then...

I'm not sure why you keep associating it with Montana, there are plenty of mountains called "Big Mountain." The Big Mountain in Montana would look more like Jacobstown anyway, and what we've seen of the Big Empty is desert, so you're probably closer with the Arizona crater.

Besides, if I were going to build a research center, I'd build it somewhere remote, not next to a ski resort. :v

well, montana hosts the most popular big mountain... crater lake in oregon could be a choice as well since it's also actually a mountain... the giant crater from AZ isn't a mountain at all... just a giant indent in the middle of a desert... it fits the name of "the sink", but i still can't figure out why the facility is called big mountain... it's just a giant dome...

and i haven't seen a desert-like environment with the big empty yet... i've seen fake grass and vegetation, but no desert or forest... it's all inside i giant crater formed somehow...

I'm not sure why you keep associating it with Montana, there are plenty of mountains called "Big Mountain." The Big Mountain in Montana would look more like Jacobstown anyway, and what we've seen of the Big Empty is desert, so you're probably closer with the Arizona crater.

Besides, if I were going to build a research center, I'd build it somewhere remote, not next to a ski resort. :v

I remember it being associated with Area 51. If that's any clue, the location is south of the map.

Los Angeles being south east, Barstow being the nearest to Mojave Outpost. But yeah, my money is

still on Crescent Canyon train tunnel as well, as it would be the south entry to a DLC.

Similar to the Northern Passage being the north entry to Utah, although not anywhere near scale.

hey, i just traveled to the canyon wreckage, and it looked different to me... or, maybe i forgot what the wreckage looked like before, but it looks different for some reason... i thought it used to be a pile of wreckage, now it kinda looks like a passageway... i don't know anymore...

mojave outpost looks the same...

field's shack highway looks the same...

so, after exploring the car wreckage and the mojave drive-in, it's come to my attention that both locations bare the "goshua graham lives" and "the burned man walks" graffiti... lonesome road is lonesome road, but i recall seeing the same graffiti on the abandoned bunker... but it just doesn't add up, big MT is in montana, and that's a long ways away from the mojave, and the wrong direction from from the car wreckage... unless, big MT refers to this one;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Mazama

which is located in oregon, which would be the right direction from the car wreckage, and has the same kind of layout, except this one is filled in with water, crater lake to be exact... but, it's very possible that it was drained to create a super RD lab...

because creating the big empty inside an active volcano is just donwright idiotic, and that's also what big MT is, mt. st. helens in montana... using a prehistoric-made crater from a collapsed volcano for the lab makes more sense to me...

here's the crater without water;

Mazama_bathymetry_survey_map.jpg

here's the crater in old world blues

720px-BigEmptyMap.png

or maybe it's located somewhere south, which would totally confuse me... but, where else are you going to find a location near vegas like that??

--------------------

what sec, i found one located in arizona...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_Crater

800px-Meteorcrater.jpg

perhaps?? this one might make the most sense since it's out in the middle of nowhere, and can be seen from space... the big empty surrounded by big empty desert...

---------

or maybe it was a man-made bomb-testing site converted into a research and development center... maybe i should shut up and wait for the damn thing to come out on tuesday and find out then...

you lost me at hey...

it's just a bunch of nerdy speculation... tomorrow we'll know all the facts about the research facility and the reason why you're there...

i think my money is on the facility being carved out of an old pre-war nuclear test site... i like the idea of a facility inside the meteor crater in arizona, but i think with it being a national roadside attraction it wouldn't be ideal for putting in a super secret R&D laboratory... i think it's inside a nuclear test area... perhaps even just a few miles south of this location;

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Old_nuclear_test_site

it is after all, just a few clicks SW of the mojave drive-in ;)...

i just found a location NW of las vegas called the nevada test site, where they tested nuclear weapons from the 50's and beyond... this could be the location and ties in the car wreckage as well...

doe_nts_nf121.jpg

perhaps this sinkhole is a bit deep... but then again, fallout takes a creative license from pre-existing landscapes... new vegas isn't exactly like las vegas geographically either...

i just found a location NW of las vegas called the nevada test site, where they tested nuclear weapons from the 50's and beyond... this could be the location and ties in the car wreckage as well...

Oh yeah that place is huge, as is very popular.

I've driven near it, and it was the source of many

childhood nightmares from old movies like atomic cafe.

There was even a 3 Stooges movie filmed there.

Most recently, I think the last Indiana Jones film

was based on that place, the dummy city.

A lot of towns built and stocked with mannequins

and furniture and refrigerators, just like a real

town, to see the effects of nukes on them. Creepy.

Strange it's not available on my XBL yet.

Many on the Bethesda Forums and on the Wiki say it was released on XBL and Steam,

like 5AM on the US east coast....they are even videos rolling in now...

(Mostly lame walk-throughs)

1:30PM here and no downloads available from either the Game Marketplace

or the Game section where the other Fallout stuff is.

EDIT: Called MS Support and there is a Game Marketplace

service alert in my area. The guy walked me through how

to get the DLC from the website, which I didn't even know I could do.

Then when I turned on the XBox 360, managed to get it going.

Looks like it was a combination of that service alert/outage

and the latest update from XBox Live. Seemed it swapped some

data from my old system or something, it's weird.

Downloading the DLC now. We'll see how many crashes I have...

hopefully i see some good news from the playstation blog here in the next couple of hours... i usually have to wait until around 6PM for the playstation store to update... i noticed xbox does much earlier store updates, but playstation does get game updates much sooner... not sure what i was getting at with that :P...

massacre hasn't posted since late last night, he got his from steam... i guess he must be enjoying it...

I didn't do much after it finished downloading, I have a few interface mods that get overwritten every time I install new DLC, so it took me a while to dig them back up. Getting into it now.

You guys are going to love it.

All I will say is, it is hilarious! The beginning especially.

Also don't forget to explore, every corner.

I've already found interesting things, both in rare items and references to other games.

installed, at the main menu, bowl packed, drink made, sexting with DiO, and eating the fuel to keep me going all night... can't wait to start :D...

EDIT: and now my fucking friend calls me to try and hammer out a fantasy baseball deal!! dammit, and i just loaded the game save too!! i'll be singing the blues soon...

EDIT2: and it LOCKS UP shortly after loading big mountain... saw the intro, and the first glimpse of the facility was amazing!! too bad all the stuff it had to load crashed the system...

Level 42, so far so good. No crashes.

I love the living quarters once it all comes to life.

Think I'm going to stay awhile.

before i even got to big MT, i had one of those "hell yea!" moments when a group of jackals were walking just past the big screen at the drive-in... i launch a grenade from thump-thump over a hill and see only one threat left on the radar... i walk over there and find 4 dead jackals in a pile :D...

-----------------------

the sink does make a nice little bungalow doesn't it?? got one of the items working, the one with all the "functions"... and my initial impressions are very impressive, game locked up again though... i've entered a couple of labs and tackled one of the main quests, and found about a gazillion things to scavenge through... i don't think a level 15 person could handle those roboscorpions though, unless you really do need an energy weapons background for this add-on... i've decided to roll with the lobotomite jumpsuit for now since i am not paying 8,000 caps to repair my desert ranger armor, which is torn up... these robots can deal quite the damage here... i am thinking i should bring thump-thump along for the added protection...

ohh, one last thing, i now know what D stands for;

bones10.jpg

:P...

before i even got to big MT, i had one of those "hell yea!" moments when a group of jackals were walking just past the big screen at the drive-in... i launch a grenade from thump-thump over a hill and see only one threat left on the radar... i walk over there and find 4 dead jackals in a pile :D...

-----------------------

the sink does make a nice little bungalow doesn't it?? got one of the items working, the one with all the functions... and my initial impressions are very impressive, game locked up again though... i've entered a couple of labs and tackled one of the main quests, and found about a gazillion things to scavenge through... i don't think a level 15 person could handle those roboscorpions though, unless you really do need an energy weapons background for this add-on... i've decided to roll with the lobotomite jumpsuit for now since i am not paying 8,000 caps to repair my desert ranger armor, which is torn up... these robots can deal quite the damage here... i am thinking i should bring thump-thump along for the added protection...

ohh, one last thing, i now know what D stands for;

bones10.jpg

:P...

it's costing me 12000 to get my ranger combat repaired and thats only to 75%