Sign in to follow this  
BuickBoy

The Manhunt Series

I recently replayed Manhunt, last time I had completed the game being 2006. I had totally forgotten how crazy this game was. Am I the only one that began to lose their sanity as the game progressed?

The difficulty on hardcore the reasoning for that? I played it for 32 hours straight my first time on hardcore because I sucked dick at hardcore mode, Fetish was a walk in the park though.

I replayed through the second one recently on the Insane difficulty (only had beaten it on Sane before) and got both endings. That game is just tragic, truly one of the biggest dissapointments Rockstar have ever given us, stealth seems to go right out the window towards the back end of the game. Compare that to the first game where if you didn't maintain stealth you were dead meat.

Can manhunt play on the 360

Buy it for PC, it'll run better and the plethora of mods make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

I recently replayed Manhunt, last time I had completed the game being 2006. I had totally forgotten how crazy this game was. Am I the only one that began to lose their sanity as the game progressed?

The difficulty on hardcore the reasoning for that? I played it for 32 hours straight my first time on hardcore because I sucked dick at hardcore mode, Fetish was a walk in the park though.

I replayed through the second one recently on the Insane difficulty (only had beaten it on Sane before) and got both endings. That game is just tragic, truly one of the biggest dissapointments Rockstar have ever given us, stealth seems to go right out the window towards the back end of the game. Compare that to the first game where if you didn't maintain stealth you were dead meat.

@Cyantist:

There is actually mods for the original Manhunt?

I almost don't want to know. Hardcore mode, so awesome.

Manhunt.gif

@Cyantist:

There is actually mods for the original Manhunt?

I almost don't want to know. Hardcore mode, so awesome.

Manhunt.gif

I think It's mainly things like particle effects such as blood and filter removing. However there are some skins (INCLUDING AN AWESOME PARTIAL JASON SKIN) and I think theres weapon mods too. Unsure of scene mods though.

• Like 1

I've never played Manhunt 1 or 2, but watching the videos there, I can agree and say, this game would be great on Next Gen consoles!

Then, I would buy it!

Buy Manhunt for PC, it's down to like $5. Well worth it. It's awesome dude. You won't regret it.

After GTA, i think a new Manhunt would be my game of choice to work on if i were R*. It's a small series, and it's a controversial subject. I think with the Rage engine, they could really bring the Manhunt series back with a bang. It would be interesting if they ever crossed over universes with GTA again, using Carcer City as their subject.

Only problem is, would it ever make the cut? Manhunt 2 was banned in most places, because of violent kill cams, it was then released i believe...

What exactly do you mean by rebranding? Name change, theme change? R* like to explore the gritty underworlds of crime, so they would never jeopardise that. I think they could get away with making a new Manhunt using the 'Snuff footage' theme, but the violent kills would probably not make the cut, again...

This is all very inspiring, i'd love to do some 3D work based on Manhunt.

I think a name change might give the series some asshole repellant. A theme change would be a damn shame.

Let me know if you make some of that art you mentioned. I'd love to take a gander. If they're good you win an online handjob from yours truly.

I think a name change might give the series some asshole repellant. A theme change would be a damn shame.

Let me know if you make some of that art you mentioned. I'd love to take a gander. If they're good you win an online handjob from yours truly.

I don't know I mean, imagine a game where the roles are flipped, and you're a cop searching for a bad guy. So many opportunities, was the man your searching for truly a criminal? Will he get to your family and force you to work for him? I love lore and drama in video games (One of things I thought LA Noire excelled at) and wouldn't mind seeing something like this.

I see what you mean. Kind of a Nietzsche, "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." I like it.