Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Anyone heard about the new Counter Strike: Global Offensive title planned to be released for PC, Mac, 360, PS3? Which will be cross-platform btw! That's great for those of you that have friends with PC's and PS3's and 360's that all want to play the same game together. Good ol' Valve!

xlarge_csgo_aztec_action01_01.jpg

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will officially feature cross-platform play between the PS3, PC and Mac, Kotaku reports. To make the battlefield fair, PS3 players will be able to play with a keyboard and mouse; to make the battlefield completely favor PC/Mac users, PS3 players will also have the option of using a Move motion controller. Xbox 360 players will be able to play with a 360 controller, and maybe a live cat if they can figure out how to plug it in correctly (Protip: tail first.)

Valve bossman Gabe Newell has said he'd like to implement Steamworks on Xbox 360, but Microsoft has repeatedly resisted, instead placing restrictions on Xbox Live functionality. Global Offensive is Valve's second title after Portal 2 to use Steamworks on the PS3, and no one has burned down the Sony servers yet. Well, mostly.

- joystiq

CS: Source

csdust.jpg

CS:Global Offensive

Counter Strike: Global Offensive will feature eight new weapons and seven classic maps.

Weapons:

Decoy Grenade

Molotov

IMI Negev

Taser

Tec-9

Mag-7

Sawed-Off

PP-Bizon

Classic Maps:

dust

dust2

aztec

nuke

inferno

italy

office

Read the full article here: kotaku

Still not sure about a release date or a price yet. But I'm pretty happy about the return of CS, and on PS3!

Anyone here like or used to like CS back in its heyday? I do recall playing CS: Source with Duffman and Deko about 6-7 years back!

yeah used to spend a lot of time on 1.6 and condition zero back in the day, great times,

Condition Zero I have but never played. 1.6 had some fun memories though. Back in the 512mb Down, 256 up days.

Lucky for some. I was still on 56k when 1.6 first came out. It was laggy as fuck, but i still managed to play fairly well! Until i joined a competitive clan anyway, and had to upgrade to 256mb or 512mb, i can't remember which.

I just bought this in advance on steam. I rarely play PC games through steam, but i'm willing to try this, for only £10 atm too. It's released in like 3 days, but you get to play the beta until the release anyway...

My steam id is

< here

Also, the beta comes free when you buy in advance - is what i meant. i payed for it just now and downloaded the beta. Steam's doing a 10% discount on it that's why i decided to buy it today.

icon11.gif

I dont see it in my games list. I think that ended earlier today.

But whatever, I downloaded fallout already. If I did the beta, and then the final release (assuming the final release is different from the beta) I would probably go over my gig usage for the month

I remember playing CSS back when I was 14 when I had a PC with 250MB of RAM lol.

I'm really tempted to buy CSGO. I just hope they implement zombie mod, deathrun, minigames etc again.

I know gungame is a standard game mode in this.

Bought it about 2 hours ago and I think I just wasted £10 lul.

CSS seems better in every area; the models, textures, guns, graphics, GUI, etc :x

The game isn't meant to be a CS:3 or anything. They've just enhanced source, and added new textures, and models. But the main thing they wanted to do with GO is make it available to console players as well as PC and allow them to play together. I think the new models and textures look much more detailed. Some of the terrorist models look weird, but it's nothing too extreme. And the game is only £10, so i don't see why you'd think that was a waste?

does it have some of the old maps ?

I can't remember the name of them but the one where, you start off next to a police van, and there's a tower you can climb that looks over to a giant warehouse with big cargo containers in it ? And you can enter that building through the vents lol ?

also can you use a keyboard and mouse with this game on the ps3 ?

icon11.gif

I think your talking about cs_assault

actually one of my favorite maps.

heres how I rememnber it from CZ/1.6 lol

59605764.jpg

source. when source came out my comp was too shitty to play it, so i never got it

csassault0000ep9.jpg

which is why im going to love this. 1.6 to cs go is a huge leap. Ive only played source for a couple of hours at a friends house. I thought it was amazing

The game isn't meant to be a CS:3 or anything. They've just enhanced source, and added new textures, and models. But the main thing they wanted to do with GO is make it available to console players as well as PC and allow them to play together. I think the new models and textures look much more detailed. Some of the terrorist models look weird, but it's nothing too extreme. And the game is only £10, so i don't see why you'd think that was a waste?

The weapon models look way to small in my opinion. The shotguns look like toy guns, and the M3 looks terrible...

£10 where I live can buy you two pints and a large kebab!

icon11.gif

If they had widespread complaints about that from the beta they'd likely change it. If not, your nit picking lol.

just playin tho. CS fans deserve to be super picky. Cause they are the most loyal of gamer fans. Not llike those everyday CoD whores.

The weapon models look way to small in my opinion. The shotguns look like toy guns, and the M3 looks terrible...

I live in the same place :P What's your steam ID? Me and Dio will show you how to have a good time :P

icon11.gif

I live in the same place :P What's your steam ID? Me and Dio will show you how to have a good time :P

#WHGSWEO

I tried to add your steam ID but it said user can't be found D:

Mine's Disasterpiece and I have a clown as my pic.

yeah assault, that was my fav map too!. haven't played CS since the days of 1.6 and condition zero so big jump for me too.

I'll prob be getting it on ps3 just so it runs as good as possible, my pc isn't built for games. But with cross platform we can all jump in a game anyway right ?

Always preferred De_Dust2 personally. It's the best map there is.

I think the game is going to be too easy though. Overtime they've made source easier I think. I used to be fairly mediocre at it, but then went back and was able to boss the game.

1.6 they left alone though. Didn't want to piss off Poland lmao.

CS:GO has a smaller hit-box than CSS so it's gona be harder to kill people, I don't know if it's gona be harder than 1.6 though.