Sign in to follow this  
BRO_MAN

Red Dead Music

The soundtrack in RDR was an insanely huge contributing factor to the atmosphere and general feel of the game. How the drums and guitar picked up when guns started firing, to the subtle harmonica and flute when your slowly riding through tall trees. Even more so the few songs they picked to play during key moments of the story, I know for a lot of us those are the best parts of the game. 

So what do we expect from 2? Are Bill Elm and Woody Jackson returning this time around? Did you like the dynamic score? Discuss! I’ve also provided a link to my personally curated western playlist I’ve been working on for years, for your listening pleasure and to also provide ispiration. 

Playlist: Exodus in America

Edited by BRO_MAN
  • Like 1

Yeah I liked the score of RDR, it wasn't too obvious. In a word; subtle. It piqued your interest at key moments when you were out exploring the wilderness and accentuated the vast emptiness of the land. The few vocal tracks were just enough to highlight moments of emotional importance, the first time I crossed over the river into Mexico and that song started playing was pretty epic.

• Like 2

that song was so unexpected, and yet so perfect...

i hope they bring back woody, he did a marvelous job with the soundtrack... they've also learned a thing or two about building tension in the soundtrack ambience depending on what was happening at that moment in GTAV, which i am sure will carry over nicely into RDR2... i was pretty impressed with GTAV's ambient soundtrack during missions...

yea i'm pretty stoked about the soundtrack... westerns have their own music genre, it's pretty fascinating...