Massacre

Fallout

Like I said above, Borous made the cazadores, too, but he doesn't say why. They don't say what turned Big MT into a crater, but I'm guessing something went boom. Probably something non-radioactive, unless it was a test area from the 1950's, in which case the radiation could have worn off by the time the facility was built.

i thought the facility was originally a mountain to start out, that's why they called it big mountain... then something went wrong in an experiment and it became a crater... not sure how the domes and facilities survived it... dunno, hopefully over the coming weeks the vault can piece together the story and update the history on the facility... for now, it's kind of a jumbled mess for me with bits here and there that i remember...

i am one of those types that has to watch a movie twice to remember the lines or to remember key parts of the story... i never get it all in the first sitting, which is why i've always played the fallout add-ons twice with two different characters and two different endings... then perhaps things start to make more sense...

i thought the facility was originally a mountain to start out, that's why they called it big mountain... then something went wrong in an experiment and it became a crater...

That's what I meant. Not that a bomb was dropped on it, but that something they were testing inside the mountain exploded. I doubt the facility actually survived the explosion, what's there now was probably built afterwards.

I think it was Dala who first mentioned the after build. The experiment gone wrong with the mountain is actually mentioned several times by the doctors and it's also on terminals. That's what they call it, the boom. Some back-firing of a test. That's all that they say about it, so it is mentioned. Why they don't go into detail is probably because the DLC is not about that and they go into detail on the creatures and tech of FNV. It's not about the big boom really. Definitely most every creature we see in New Vegas was either originally designed there, or by House, who was despised by the robotics doctor. I've still left the knives in Mr. House's portrait in the village, obviously the robotics doctor's house. I got the DNA perks for the Nightstalkers and Cazadores, and killed the Legendary Bloatfly. The animal doctor who loved dogs was responsible for the cyber dogs. Getting the upgrade for Muggsy leads to the original beta Securitron in the robotics factory, without that mission the thing won't be seen. You can tell they are inferior designs to Mr. House's designs. The one I didn't like was the stupid robo-scorpions, and now I realize I didn't like them in the previews either. Can form themselves from objects laying around would mean they could take on any character like a shape shifter, but they went with the Mobius design. I just blow them up. I still haven't done the final mission because there is so much to do. I thought I had all the locations, but now I definitely do, because over by the robotics factory I was evading a crew of them with rockets, and ran up into the hills. There I discovered Elijah's Watch, and I got the message that I had "found every location in the game".

The notes there explain the final details I needed to know about his arrival,

escape from the Think Tank, stay at Yangtze, finding the bomb collar frequency, meeting the courier, getting watched by Christine, her attack on him and subsequent capture by robots and delivery to the medical facility ran by trauma harnesses. Her tape inside the cell also explains her mission, attack, Elijah sending the bomb collared Chinese as suicide bombers, her capture, brain procedure, and the explosion when Ulysses arrived and saved her. The tapes in the Ulysses cave explain how he broke in and saved her, then took care of her before leaving.

I have yet to make the final connections who actually robotized the doctors in bio gel, but they definitely lived at the village when they were human. I imagine Dala had something to do with it as she was the humanologist. Doctor 8 seems the one responsible for all forms of pulse technology. @@##!!!###@@. That was before he and 0 were attacked by Elijah of course. I think getting back to the Mojave should have involved using Elijah's final escape route in the train tunnel, and arriving at the Crescent Canyon, but somehow I get the feeling that won't be the case. Of course you guys know already because you finished the DLC and can go back, but I have no reason to leave yet, other than the computer ripping me off whenever I sell stuff to it. That part, I won't miss and in that respect it will be great to see the Gun Runners kiosk again, kill all the raiders, go to the GR who always has 8,000 caps. Then repeat process. Oh and of course it will be great to fight Cazadores again now that I have the DNA perk. You have to kill all the ones in OWB for the second level to kick in. Worth it.

Bugs:

Jump in the fountain at the village, and make sure to use the re-breather. Try to climb the fountain, all of a sudden you will be swimming around the village for who knows how long. I haven't figured out the perimeter once in the invisible water.

Sink computer no longer pays for anything sold to it, but tallies up money when selling. I've tried buying things back to see if its certain items only. All I can tell is I'm losing money daily, not increasing, etc.

Insubstantial plane of the hill next to the second seed location, across the fallen antennae. Fall through the hill to be in the underworld, but still on top of more actual ground. Only way out is to fast travel, so make sure the spore plants are dead before testing the hollow hill out.

i reached level 2 in the cazador perk from OWB... still need to kill 3 more cazadors to reach level 3... perhaps there are more than a few locations i missed, where's the legendary bloatfly at?? i never ran into it... i am gonna roll back to the big empty here soon and see if i can't find a these locations for more of the history... i've read just about every terminal and know most of the trios story, elijah, ulysses and christine... but i never made it to elijah's watch... i think that might be important stuff to read about...

you see, you mentioned the mountain and how it collapsed, but no one can give a definitive reason as to how or why... just mainly stating that it was once a mountain, now it's a crater... something big must of happened here... perhaps lonesome road has those answers...

i reached level 2 in the cazador perk from OWB... still need to kill 3 more cazadors to reach level 3... perhaps there are more than a few locations i missed, where's the legendary bloatfly at?? i never ran into it...

It's in the Mysterious Cave.

Big MT used to be a mountain. Then there was a... slight mishap. Now it's a crater - the Dome used to be buried, now it's exposed to the sky.
Yes, Big MT was quite big indeed until the Great Static. Then the top of the mountain was used as part of a detonation experiment.

mmmhhhmmm, i'd like to know more about this "slight" mishap... just started my second playthrough by the way :P... it's time for delilah to tear shit up in the crater...

WoW! What a party at the end! Brought a tear to my irradiated eye.

I guess because I did *everything* - it was reflected in the cutscene.

Made everyone happy, and Massacre is right, Mobius is totally cool.

He was happy, my brain was happy, and the way I dealt with Klein,

his colleagues started sticking up for me first off Dala. When it was

over they thanked me, and talking to each one separately they gave a thanks dialog.

Then the cutscene covered my exploration and achievements, discovering everything,

and watching over the place for years to come, in the name of SCIENCE. :lol:

Then they covered each of my new "friends" and what they did over the years

while waiting for me at the Sink.

Because all were fully upgraded they spent a lot of time detailing them,

the part about what Muggsy does with Dr.O's house is totally hilarious.

Plus the rival girls, gardened up bio center, Blind Diode Jefferson, the sink lady,

Book Chute, Auto-Doc, and the CIA itself. All the personalities were covered.

The best fireworks was going back home to the Sink after the cutscene,

and everyone was like "YAY!" what a welcoming party. I totally didn't expect that.

It was so loud I had to turn the volume down, it was so awesome. Best DLC ever.

Each of the personalities also has a welcoming/congratulations dialog alone.

This ending was so awesome I kept it, but this was just supposed to be a test.

yea, when i was asked to leave the think tank to end the game, i thought i'd stop in the sink to grab some gear before i left... i was greeted by the thunderous applause and cheers from all the sink personalities too... it was a pretty cool moment :D... i too convinced the think tanks to give me my brain back in exchange for bringing the mojave to them, sparing their lives... which means i did all the side quests before i left, i just didn't finish exploring...

with delilah, i am considering unleashing these these talking heads onto the citizens of the mojave wasteland... i am hoping there is a way to do that and still get my brain back... if not i guess i will have to kill them all... i spared mobius with my first playthrough, i don't think he will be as lucky when delilah demands her brain back :lol:...

yea, when i was asked to leave the think tank to end the game, i thought i'd stop in the sink to grab some gear before i left... i was greeted by the thunderous applause and cheers from all the sink personalities too... it was a pretty cool moment :D... i too convinced the think tanks to give me my brain back in exchange for bringing the mojave to them, sparing their lives... which means i did all the side quests before i left, i just didn't finish exploring...

with delilah, i am considering unleashing these these talking heads onto the citizens of the mojave wasteland... i am hoping there is a way to do that and still get my brain back... if not i guess i will have to kill them all... i spared mobius with my first playthrough, i don't think he will be as lucky when delilah demands her brain back :lol:...

From what I've been seeing back in the Mojave, is very similar to if you

had a Fallout 3 gone horribly wrong. That is only if, you like regular

characters in the game to stay alive. Remember when Megaton entrance would

have radscorps and deathclaws hanging around? Any vendor, the water guy,

or the Deputy Weld got wasted. Well back in the Mojave, I think if you

let the Think Tank brains loose, they would end up killed by Raiders,

creatures, or if you're like me, Legion Assassins. I had to reload right

before OWB because I couldn't believe I was seeing Legion hit squads again

like on my first game. No big sweat for me, I just waste them and take their gear.

Guess that was a side effect of the patch, because they've never been around.

Maybe because I killed Caesar, and keep killing any Legion, I don't know.

Either way, it's literally no challenge for my character to waste them.

However, any regular character in the game will get killed in their path.

Same for the radscorps killing the old explosives guy in Goodsprings, etc.

Or do you think the Think Tank brains would be doing the random killing?

I'm talking free-roam exclusively of course, after everything in the game is done.

Since being back home, I'm actually doing the same thing with Legion hit squads

as I normally do with my rounds of Vault 3, then the exits, pump house, ant mound,

anywhere there are still Raiders and Fiends. Kill them all, sell their shit to GR.

Legion stuff is higher value, but I'm slowly crawling back up to my 170,000 caps.

I lost a lot of caps in OWB, mainly I guess on the implants and weapon upgrades from CIA.

(Plus that bug where he doesn't pay for items removed)

On a future note, I loved how the cutscene in OWB mentioned there was only one lonesome road left.

So, who wants to make a guess on the Lonesome Road release timeline? I'm guessing a release date announcement on August 23rd, trailer on September 6th/13th, and a release frustratingly close to Gears of War 3's release date on the 20th, possibly on the 20th itself. After they fucked up their "one in June, one in July, one in August" plan, I'm guessing we'll have a lengthy wait ahead of us.

Of all the DLC's (including Fallout 3's), this one is the most cryptic-sounding. They're keeping more quiet about this than the others, giving us enough details to build anticipation, but not really telling us anything...

delilah11.jpg

delilah, wearing nothing but unique goodies from the big MT... even though the saturnite fist is cool, the zap glove is still the man here... glad i brought that sucker because there's slim pickens for good unarmed weapons... still need to try out the corrosive gloves though...

-----------

i predict a september release too... august is too soon, unless they had a chance to really work on it while waiting to release old world blues... even september could be cutting it close but it would be cool to see them do a september release, then surprisingly announce a new DLC for the holiday season... didn't they do that with mothership zeta??

i hope they get a chance to create another DLC before the next fallout game...

Ugh, are all the girls in the Big Empty bald? I downloaded a mod that moves those to an earring slot so that you won't be bald and it won't interfere with real headwear or glasses.

Ugh, are all the girls in the Big Empty bald? I downloaded a mod that moves those to an earring slot so that you won't be bald and it won't interfere with real headwear or glasses.

All of the various different valence electron head protection renders any user bald,

in appearance, regardless of hairstyle. I always look at my girl, and it's just that

head protection that does that. Once removed, it goes back to normal.

I collected at least two variants of that head gear.

I'll go with September release for Lonesome Road.

I think it's more cryptic, but also we've kept hearing about Ulysses and other details

throughout the entire game, and many DLC's. It's the final, the big one. Bound to be epic.

I thought Mothership Zeta was cool, mostly for side things like the accumulation of items

in the living quarters after each mission, and the robotic horse secret areas. However it

was nowhere near as good as a final DLC as say, Point Lookout would've been. We'll see how

cool Ulysses turns out to be, but until release, I can't think of anything as cool as the

Old World Blues, or at least the party ending. Reminded me of the end of Return of the Jedi.

i do agree that mothership zeta was out of place, but then again, i recall reading that mothership zeta was never planned, point lookout was suppose to be the last one... but they thought there would be a market for another one... i am hoping for the same conclusion... even if lonesome road wraps everything up, give us area 51 or something, i don't care what it is, i will play it... i love fallout so much that i will take a new area to explore for $10 any day...

i was a little disappointed in honest hearts, but i still enjoyed the exploration... right now it's the worst new vegas add-on... i am beginning to really appreciate dead money now, and would love to play it again... i still have my hardcore cannibal mexicano to see what it's like to play the add-on in hardcore mode...

yea, unfortunately the unique headgear from old world blues removes the hair... i could of done without that in the picture i took, but i thought i'd show off what old world blues offers as well as the gorgeous view north... my goodness, what a fun add-on this is :D...

i guess i am the only one that likes to take pictures of my adventures :(... and you guys are playing on a PC, where it's much easier to take pictures... i have to use a camera, upload them to photoshop, crop/adjust, then upload to photobucket... but i still do it anyways cause i love fallout that much :D...

----------------------

delilah13.jpg

so i managed to explore every single nook and cranny in the big empty... found the legendary bloatfly, who was unbelievable hard to bring down... if he managed to hit you, you lost most of your health... quite the formidable opponent he was... found elijah's hideout tucked away in the mountains too... pretty much found everything, but left a couple of things behind for later... i didn't finish up the testing in X-8 with the unusual specimans, and didn't finish exploring the lower levels of X-13, where the cloaked nightstalkers hunt... like i said, i saved those for later since i already dealt with them on my first run through the big MT :D...

delilah12.jpg

i also took care of that big 'ol nasty roboscorpion too ;)... now i am at the point of figuring out what to do with the think tanks when i get back to the the sink... seems like i have a few options, but i want to make sure it's the right one... i got stuck in an endless dialog loop with my brain, he kept referring to the good times we had, and kept talking about jason bright and his followers over and over and over and over and over an... i had to load a game and AVOID that dialog branch all together... strange, that never happened on my first play through, and i even selected the same dialog branch... ohh well :D...

i guess i am the only one that likes to take pictures of my adventures :(... and you guys are playing on a PC, where it's much easier to take pictures... i have to use a camera, upload them to photoshop, crop/adjust, then upload to photobucket... but i still do it anyways cause i love fallout that much :D...

so i managed to explore every single nook and cranny in the big empty... found the legendary bloatfly, who was unbelievable hard to bring down... if he managed to hit you, you lost most of your health... quite the formidable opponent he was... found elijah's hideout tucked away in the mountains too... pretty much found everything, but left a couple of things behind for later... i didn't finish up the testing in X-8 with the unusual specimans, and didn't finish exploring the lower levels of X-13, where the cloaked nightstalkers hunt... like i said, i saved those for later since i already dealt with them on my first run through the big MT :D...

i also took care of that big 'ol nasty roboscorpion too ;)... now i am at the point of figuring out what to do with the think tanks when i get back to the the sink... seems like i have a few options, but i want to make sure it's the right one... i got stuck in an endless dialog loop with my brain, he kept referring to the good times we had, and kept talking about jason bright and his followers over and over and over and over and over an... i had to load a game and AVOID that dialog branch all together... strange, that never happened on my first play through, and i even selected the same dialog branch... ohh well :D...

Covering your 3 points...

I've heard of that bug. Seems related to Repconn quests. The way I dealt with my brain was in the name of SCIENCE. L0L. I avoided any personal dialog that seemed to piss it off. The endless dialog loop, it's similar to other bugs of same nature.

About saving exploration, don't forget to go back and open up all those blue force fields with the upgraded sonic emitter that you couldn't early in the game. Some are just little trophy cases but there seems to always be good stuff behind them. Also when you upgrade your special weapon to FIDO, it seems to go from .357 rounds to .44 rounds, which are more rare in FNV. I've had to use the special .44 reloading recipe from North Las Vegas guy to keep making more. The problem now is some of the ingredients, like the large pistol primer boxes, but I got enough lead. (Which does add weight to your inventory) I did all the X-13 rooms because I had a feeling there was cool stuff down there. Also did all the testing not just for the rewards and optionals, but again, good stuff to be had. The more XP that I could gain against the Nightstalkers the better. For some reason, they really use to take a bite out of me in OWB. Strange, but I guess it's Level-related. The better you are, the harder the opponents. Speaking of which....The Legendary Bloatfly...

My stealth is maxed, and I only used the modified sniper on it. It never shot me once. The green glow ID's it immediately when you VATS it, so I just kept the silenced shots while in crouch mode, and it never said danger once, just hidden. Hell of an explosion when he went down. Lots of good loot, like all the other giants, dating back to the Super Mutant Behemoths. When it came to the X4 Giant, I let the turrets and targets do most of the work, but again in stealth mode, when I saw it so weak, I just finished it off with the Proton Throwing Axes and the FIDO. So by the time I got to the fail safe shutdown terminal, it was no longer active, just information. I'd like to do that battle over again, and have a save right outside the Sink before fast traveling to the Forbidden Zone. I still can't believe how cool Mobius was, and when you fix his vision, he is totally in your debt. Same with the Think Tankers, they are so thankful and all that mushy crap. Have you found all of Christine's stuff? I got the special armor and sniper, the memoirs on holotape.

When I got back to the Mojave, I employed Boone and ED-E again. I'm just running all over the Mojave looking for Legion hit squads or Fiends. Going across the desert I ran across something I never saw before. It's the Radscorpion Tunnel, west of Nipton, near the crashed plane, and where the winner of the Legion Lottery, that Powder Ganger with the glasses is always running around. In the tunnel, again with max stealth, I killed the SECOND Radscorpion Queen. You remember the first, from the Searchlight mission, it's in the Firehouse. So, I guess the moral of the story is there is always more in Fallout.

Last point, I've wondered what the heck you were always doing with those screen shots. I used to use PC and made hundreds from print screen then to Photoshop. Upload to Photobucket. But with PS3 and XB360, there's no simple utility, so I guessed you were always using a digital camera or a cell phone camera. I'd like the details, because even for a taboo like photographing a monitor, yours come out relatively okay. I mean, no flash reflection, etc.

So if you could tell me the details, I may start doing the same with my digital camera.

What mode works best for you, any special setting, etc.

• Like 1

yea, FIDO isn't really worth it, considering how rare .44 ammo is compared to .357... sure i have a FIDO, but i don't use it... i don't even really use the K9000 anyways... for bones, he only needs christine's sniper rifle (yea, i found all of her stuff in the big empty) and the riot shotgun... throw in the silenced .45 and probably the chainsaw and that's all he needs... he doesn't even really use the all-american anymore either... with delilah, all i ever need is the ballistic fist and her trusty, always dependable, modded holorifle... nothing else matters, except for hording purposes of course :lol:...

don't you have to go into the basement of X-13 to create battle brew?? i'll be heading down there sometime in the near future... like i said, i ALWAYS leave something behind to finish up for when i return... i want to have a reason to return, besides all of the stuff i can do in the sink :P... i can already remember where i missed a few blue force fields... one was in the facility that cut up christine when she was here... i think there was jail cells back there, but i didn't have the modification at the time... thanks for reminding me about that, i will hit it up on way back to the sink :D...

yea, i would imagine you could conjure up some epic screens massacre, sounds like you have a ton of mods installed too... and yes, i do use a digital camera to take a screenshot of my HDTV... the HDTV is the key to having good pictures... i usually take about a half-dozen shots to make sure i have enough in case some of them don't turn out... and i take the picture from the left side of the TV, angled toward what i want to take a picture of, and i turned the HUD opacity to 0% to allow for more of the photo to emerge... if you notice in the two i just posted, there's a slight glare on the left side of the image barely popping in... that's where the giant glare is... but since i am taking the photo from the left, i can keep the flash away from the action...

that damn legenday bloatfly spotted me almost immediately... thankfully, he never left the big opening so i was able to pop in and out from behind some rocks... i am a good sneaker, but for some reason in big MT, and to an extent zion, enemies spot me more often than they used to... if their back is turned i always sneak up on them, but it seems like their field of vision is much deeper than it used to be... don't get me wrong, i am great a sneak criticals, but the last two add-ons have cut into that percentage a bit...

• Like 1

yea, FIDO isn't really worth it, considering how rare .44 ammo is compared to .357... sure i have a FIDO, but i don't use it... i don't even really use the K9000 anyways... for bones, he only needs christine's sniper rifle (yea, i found all of her stuff in the big empty) and the riot shotgun... throw in the silenced .45 and probably the chainsaw and that's all he needs... he doesn't even really use the all-american anymore either... with delilah, all i ever need is the ballistic fist and her trusty, always dependable, modded holorifle... nothing else matters, except for hording purposes of course :lol:...

don't you have to go into the basement of X-13 to create battle brew?? i'll be heading down there sometime in the near future... like i said, i ALWAYS leave something behind to finish up for when i return... i want to have a reason to return, besides all of the stuff i can do in the sink :P... i can already remember where i missed a few blue force fields... one was in the facility that cut up christine when she was here... i think there was jail cells back there, but i didn't have the modification at the time... thanks for reminding me about that, i will hit it up on way back to the sink :D...

yea, i would imagine you could conjure up some epic screens massacre, sounds like you have a ton of mods installed too... and yes, i do use a digital camera to take a screenshot of my HDTV... the HDTV is the key to having good pictures... i usually take about a half-dozen shots to make sure i have enough in case some of them don't turn out... and i take the picture from the left side of the TV, angled toward what i want to take a picture of, and i turned the HUD opacity to 0% to allow for more of the photo to emerge... if you notice in the two i just posted, there's a slight glare on the left side of the image barely popping in... that's where the giant glare is... but since i am taking the photo from the left, i can keep the flash away from the action...

that damn legenday bloatfly spotted me almost immediately... thankfully, he never left the big opening so i was able to pop in and out from behind some rocks... i am a good sneaker, but for some reason in big MT, and to an extent zion, enemies spot me more often than they used to... if their back is turned i always sneak up on them, but it seems like their field of vision is much deeper than it used to be... don't get me wrong, i am great a sneak criticals, but the last two add-ons have cut into that percentage a bit...

yep gotta make ya up some battle brew. i haven't drank mine, don't really like addictions.

last time i drank vodka - instant addiction so i reloaded. i've eaten the occasional coyote

tobaccy now and again but so far, no addictions. you simply must go into the med facility

and holding cells to listen to christine's holotapes. they paint a picture of being saved

by you know who. remember at that point, she only had the brain operation, not the vocals.

about the FIDO, it was so effective against the roboscrotums that i went with it. still have

the regular and modified K9000. i think the doggie noises are hilarious, plus the wiggly ears.

also the obsession with teddy bears with Dala. she was something else.

KLEIN: I can hear your penis feet trodding around here.....

by HDTV i am guessing you are using the HDMI cable for true 1080i HD res.

that is something i didn't consider, i was more focusing on my digital camera settings.

there are so many, most of which i thought i should lose the flash function. normal light.

thanks for the heads up on your successful method. by the way, they do look good.

however delilah is such a porn ho name L0L. like under age pornstar delilah loadz.

my stone cold girl's name is boring old 'synch', and the doc told me upon game start...

huh, well not something i would name you but if thats your name then thats your name. :lol:

and yeah massacre you could screen shot your psychotic characters for us now and again. B)

sorry, my TV is only 720 :(... hence the jagged edges in all pics... i don't really know what my camera settings are, but i do know i set it up to take the absolute biggest photo i could, including the DPI... i will check out the jail cells, i figured i was missing something in there... the zap glove and proton axe worked the best against the roboscrotums for me... i found the K9000 to be ineffective compared to other heavy guns, except when spraying a bunch of nightstalkers with bullets... the scope is a nice touch though...

my next character is going to be a chem junkie... i am popping all sorts of chems next time, i want to play the game all buzzed up... he's going to be a black neutral character so, i think having a drug problem will fit perfectly :D...

and delilah is totally a whore... she has both the perks that flirt with both sexes, and she's slept with pretty much everyone there is to sleep with, including benny before she killed him :lol:... in OWB alone, she flirted with dr. dala, the two light switches, and even her own brain!!

sorry, my TV is only 720 :(... hence the jagged edges in all pics... i don't really know what my camera settings are, but i do know i set it up to take the absolute biggest photo i could, including the DPI... i will check out the jail cells, i figured i was missing something in there... the zap glove and proton axe worked the best against the roboscrotums for me... i found the K9000 to be ineffective compared to other heavy guns, except when spraying a bunch of nightstalkers with bullets... the scope is a nice touch though...

my next character is going to be a chem junkie... i am popping all sorts of chems next time, i want to play the game all buzzed up... he's going to be a black neutral character so, i think having a drug problem will fit perfectly :D...

and delilah is totally a whore... she has both the perks that flirt with both sexes, and she's slept with pretty much everyone there is to sleep with, including benny before she killed him :lol:... in OWB alone, she flirted with dr. dala, the two light switches, and even her own brain!!

L0L so wrong.

I just did the ending of Hoover Dam again,

who could of knew that 100% speech swayed the Legate.

I don't remember that option(s) on my previous game.

Anyway it works. Very mellow. No fighting. Happy times.

Oh I was ready to kick his ass all right...but speeched him.

Credits rolled in my favor, very cool.

yup, i speeched him the first time i beat the game... we solved things diplomatically, just like bones solves most of the issues in the mojave and beyond... seems like i speeched my way through the madre as well..

About Big MT. bOnEs -

Go to the Think Tank and engage in conversation with Dala.

She says: the Lobotomite Teddy Bear returns...my Teddy Bear. How can I satisfy your curiosity?

Select to ask about "Can you tell me about Big Empty.... uh, Big Mountain?"

The mountain...now crater...encompasses <skip> ...so many before you.

Next select, "This used to be a mountain?"

Yes, Big MT was quite big indeed until the Great Static.

Then the top of the mt was used in a detonation experiment.

This cleared additional space in the Crater, however allowing

us more real estate to build upon. Convenient, efficient.

I was just visiting and recycling stuff when I decided to talk to her again.

This is just one of the many pointers to what happened to the mountain.

Big MT used to be a mountain. Then there was a... slight mishap. Now it's a crater - the Dome used to be buried, now it's exposed to the sky.
Yes, Big MT was quite big indeed until the Great Static. Then the top of the mountain was used as part of a detonation experiment.

mmmhhhmmm, i'd like to know more about this "slight" mishap... just started my second playthrough by the way :P... it's time for delilah to tear shit up in the crater...

yea, i mentioned that :D... in my second playthrough, i picked up on a few pieces of the story... but it still left open more questions... what was this experiment?? did they mean to remove the mountain top?? what was the goal of the experiment?? was this pre-war??

i wonder if hopeville has the answers... something tells me it's tied into the planetary experiments like controlling the weather... and since hopeville is one of those disaster towns nearby, perhaps they know more about it...

or perhaps that "other" courier knows something about it...