Sign in to follow this  
spiritcrusher77

My Xbox 360 keeps destroying copies of GTA 5

I don't know how to explain this, but... my Xbox 360 keeps putting circular scratches on my copies of GTA 5. I have gotten two completely different copies of the game, and they both get circular scratches on them. What is going on here? They don't function afterwards either.

Lucky you! It's time for a new console, unless you have unlimited funds to keep buying copies of GTAV to wreck.

Also, this probably belongs in Geek Central, not the GTA section, if at all.

It's a rather common problem with the Xbox. Before you go out and buy a new Xbox, change its orientation. If it's vertical, lay it horizontally and vice versa. Then try a disc that you wouldn't mind losing (a spare blank DVD works well). If the box eats that disc, you'll need a new console.

that's what happened to my xbox copy. then it went out the window. i feel yer pain. lucky for me i had my ps3 copy to fall back on.

xbox is about 1000 times better than ps3 Ace. i use both, as you know, and as much as i HATE microsoft, and trust me i do, their console options/user settings/menu systems and shit outdo ps3. no contest.

If you're using it vertically, don't. I'm not sure where this idea came from that standing them up is a good idea (some photographer taking promo shots probably thought it looked better) but in the drive assembly there is a small piece of plastic [iirc] that is missing that secures disks so they can be safely played standing up. There are certain drives [samsung I think] that has that piece and is a little safer.

The matter of fact is, a horizontal setup is better for everything, including cooling. I found when I was trying to cook my xbox to have red rings since I used it Horizontal I could never even get it remotely hot [this is a xenon btw]. Flipped it up vertically, played it for an hour and the fans were really going.

This is kinda why as a medium I prefer Blu-ray, they're expensive and flash memory is faster, cheaper and more compact but they have that anti scratch TDK technology that is pretty cool and most other disc mediums cant match.