Well one review already came out for the movie and it got....

4/5

The reviewer said it was probably the best Chucky movie to date and can't understand why this didn't make it to theaters.

Quote ~ "Curse of Chucky may just be the best home video sequel since Wrong Turn 2".

Well Wrong Turn 2 was a great sequel, so this ought to be pretty good then. I might consider buying it if there are some other good reviews...

I grew up with this sort of movie so I enjoyed it, despite it being predictable enough for me to guess the order that everyone dies within the first half hour. If you don't overanalyze, it's not a bad film at all.

Just finished watching it. I must say this was probably the best Chucky movie yet. They finally made a character that I somewhat cared for and didn't want to see Chucky kill. The girl that played Nica (Fiona Dourif) played her role exceptionally well and I actually felt bad for her and connected with her as a character which is a first for a Chucky movie. The rest of the cast I must say were complete cunts and I hated all of them. The movie went back to it's horror roots but still had the occasional dark joke thrown in there. As for the story this is a proper sequel to the previous films and is not a Reboot as some people thought. The story itself was strong (for a Chucky movie) and had a few good plot twists thrown in there (stay after the credits for a surprise). Chucky himself I'm happy to say is better then ever and Brad Dourif once again did a phenomenal job with the voice acting. There are a few holes in it though. As edge said it's really predictable but what Chucky movie isn't? Some of these actors were god awful. Some of the CGI was really bad but they had a small budget so I wasn't expecting much there. But overall this was a very decent Chucky movie and finally made something on par with the original Childs Play. If you are a Chucky fan I say this is a must watch as it also ties up a few loose ends from the other movies. Maybe for the next one they can finally get a decent budget and make it a theatrical release.

8/10