Sign in to follow this  
Qdeathstar

Suing becuase you dont like the game.

http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/fans-sue-over-aliens-game-bears-little-resemblance-its-preview-6C9726434

Basically, a group of gamers are suing gearbox because the aliens game that was released awhile ago did not meet their standards.

They said that the game was falsely marketed and that gearbox forced online publishers to write flowery previews.

The game ultimately was shit, and now the gamers are suing,

I think this is a very interesting case because it sets precedents going foward.

What kinda of limits are impost on game marketing? What is "marketing" vs statements of fact or explanation of features, how accountable are video game publishes for giving an accurate description of their products?

I think that this is the type of court case thats a sleeper for the gaming industry but that could have huge implications depending on the outcome.

I mean, imagine if people where able to sue/demand refunds for CD's because they bought them based on a single, but then the rest of the songs were terrible?

Hmm... Can't seem to get the article to load. But from what yer saying QFact, this sounds like the kind of shake up the whole entertainment industry needs. marketing as well. But I think we've already seen the fallout of the music industry when Napster started up. The tried to plug that hole and, whoops, a shit load more opened up. And then it hit the film and TV industry, and so on.

I'm gonna have to follow this case.

I have a minute, but creeping, hunch that GTAV will be sub-par. The mention of new features in V in today's previews didn't help my worries.

Anyway, I intend to sue Take-Two, Rockstar North, and Rockstar New York if the game doesn't meet my expectations.

I could imagine a lawsuit working if the game turned out a lot different than the demo - that is, the demo would be an act of misrepresentation but I can't see it working over reviews, which are essentially opinion.

I have a minute, but creeping, hunch that GTAV will be sub-par. The mention of new features in V in today's previews didn't help my worries.

Anyway, I intend to sue Take-Two, Rockstar North, and Rockstar New York if the game doesn't meet my expectations.

I don't see a lot of these features as new. In GTA, the original, we had the choice of multiple characters. Car mods were available in 1, 2, and San San Andreas. Character customization has been around since Vice City, to varying degrees. I really missed the ability to purchase properties and businesses in 4. The special abilities gave me a moment of pause, but then I imagined driving in slow motion as Franklin, and it was alright.

I'm as excited as I was the first time I played any GTA.

I don't see a lot of these features as new. In GTA, the original, we had the choice of multiple characters. Car mods were available in 1, 2, and San San Andreas. Character customization has been around since Vice City, to varying degrees. I really missed the ability to purchase properties and businesses in 4. The special abilities gave me a moment of pause, but then I imagined driving in slow motion as Franklin, and it was alright.

I'm as excited as I was the first time I played any GTA.

Feeling the same as you are, beatnic. Just mocking the people who are upset about the new features. :)

• Like 1