Sign in to follow this  
evan466

Brothers in Arms Trilogy

Any other fans of the series? I don't think a lot a people have played them but all three games are really good and I definitly recommend checking them out *cough* pirate bay *cough*. This is the first scene of the first game. Skip to 0:40.

It's a world war two game where the player plays at Sgt. Matt Baker of the 502nd Regiment of the 101st Airborne. The first two games have to do with the early parts of D-Day such as securing Caratean and St. Seavuer, the latter being the 82nd Airbornes objective. The game stresses effectiveness of fire and maneuver tactics and the Four F's (Find 'em, Fix 'em, Fank 'em, Finish 'em). You usually are given 2 squads of 1-3 guys each to complete your objectives.

@Truth

Really? So was mine, did yours participate in any cool battles? I know mine took place in Operation Overlord and was in the Battle of the Bulge.

@GunSmith117

I remember that game, I think my dad bought some 5 dollar copy of it when he was in Kuwait but it never worked.

Not sure, never really talk to him about it

They don't really like to talk about it, I've found - too much horror to relive. My grandfather served in Italy and North Africa and had some funny stories relating to the army but not the actual war itself. It was only after he died I found out what role he actually performed and some of his heroic deeds. He refused his medals and only joined up because it seemed like an adventure.....

One of my best memories of this series was during a online co-op battle against AI I threw a grenade but didn't hear it go off, the kid I was in session with asked me "did you see that?" It turned out that my grenade had hit a German in the head and killed him. I wish I had of seen it happen.

I didn't know that could kill them. One of my favorite video game moments was while playing Conflict Desert Storm, I shot a tank with a sniper and it blew up. My friend really just shot it with a rocket but I didn't see that. He let me believe for 10 years that I blew it up with a sniper.