Sign in to follow this  
GunSmith

XBox 360 Heat Dispersion

Yo guys I had some weird little issue with my 360 yesterday, dunno where else to post it. so:

I started it up and got a white screen with a text in different languages saying something like "Error 66(or 606) please repair..blabla", then I looked at the ring/start up button and it was blinking red, only in the lower right corner, not like the usual red ring of death I had with my first 360 in 06.

Then I restarted it and everything worked fine since then. I googled for the error code and xbox.com support only said "please send in your console, it needs to be repaired" lol.

Anybody else got that experience?

Yo guys I had some weird little issue with my 360 yesterday, dunno where else to post it. so:

I started it up and got a white screen with a text in different languages saying something like "Error 66(or 606) please repair..blabla", then I looked at the ring/start up button and it was blinking red, only in the lower right corner, not like the usual red ring of death I had with my first 360 in 06.

Then I restarted it and everything worked fine since then. I googled for the error code and xbox.com support only said "please send in your console, it needs to be repaired" lol.

Anybody else got that experience?

E66 is an issue with the dvd drive (dying, wrong firmware, or just not initalized properly, it's a very vague error message) Chances are a cable was just slightly loose or it didn't initalize the DVD drive properly. Don't worry about it unless it happens again.