Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Red Dwarf

200px-Red_dwarf_logoblack.png

So then, the much belated series ten is finally being released on Dave on the 4th of October 2012.

I've always been a big fan on Red Dwarf, and i'm guessing Viceman is too. The big question is, will Red Dwarf X live up to expectations? With the recent (one-off) Back to Earth episodes we had a couple of years ago, everyone was left disappointed with the quality of the Red Dwarf script, and it also left paradoxical questions as to whether or not it was meant to be set after series 9.

Back to the new series then. Will we expect a narrative arch, which will continue on from series 9, after Rimmer (nano-reconstructed version) was left in a mirror universe? what can we expect from the new series?

New trailers:

For the fans:

What's your favourite series and why?

What's your favourite episode and why?

and it also left paradoxical questions as to whether or not it was meant to be set after series 9.

This was intended, there's a running gag throughout Back to Earth about series 9 being the best series - of course it doesn't exist, some people like me would know that, but others would think "wait, what? Series 9? *googles*"

As for my favourite series, hell I like them all. Obviously if you compare the series side by side there are major differences; series 1-2 were very restrained and focused more on the interaction between the three creating the humour, series 3-6 are what we now class as the "cult" Dwarf series' and developed more of a self-contained episode feel, each week something completely unrelated to the last episode was happening. Series 7 was more of a comedy drama and series 8 tried to go back to the old days. Which it achieved to an extent.

• Like 1

and it also left paradoxical questions as to whether or not it was meant to be set after series 9.

This was intended, there's a running gag throughout Back to Earth about series 9 being the best series - of course it doesn't exist, some people like me would know that, but others would think "wait, what? Series 9? *googles*"

As for my favourite series, hell I like them all. Obviously if you compare the series side by side there are major differences; series 1-2 were very restrained and focused more on the interaction between the three creating the humour, series 3-6 are what we now class as the "cult" Dwarf series' and developed more of a self-contained episode feel, each week something completely unrelated to the last episode was happening. Series 7 was more of a comedy drama and series 8 tried to go back to the old days. Which it achieved to an extent.

Yeah, series 8 was pretty successful in returning the old humour whilst still keeping the newer season's presence. With them being a fair bit older by series 8, I think we can see this similar comedy returning in the upcoming series, especially the opening scene to Back in Red - 1.

For those of you who haven't seen Red Dwarf (S08):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ul1xb27WnI

The only noticeable abscence from last night's episode was Holly, from the looks of it next week's episode features a new ship AI. But as I said the episode was ok, it's not going to be as great as the classic episodes obviously, times have changed. Unfortunately.

I have to agree. Dwarf had a time and place. Seeing it in the 2010's is a bit weird, considering they've aged a lot. It seems like their lines feel a bit more forced, where-as they used to be a lot more natural at it in their prime. Don't get me wrong, i still enjoyed the new episode, it had me lol a couple of times, but it's near impossible to make old-hat new again.

The resentment faces were funny as hell i must admit.