Honestly I don't think they'll ever get better than Tom Baker or Paul McGann (The doctor in the 1996 Movie, controversial I know) as the doctor.

That and I wonder what they're going to do when after the person playing doctor who after Matt Smith quits because a timelord can only regenerate 12 times...

Edit: and Smith might even be the 12th regenration depending on how you look at Brain of Morbius

Did you watch the 1996 tv film? It says it in that but we've SEEN 11 regenerations and as said Brain of Morbius alludes to him having regenerated once before the first doctor we saw.

If you can watch them all do, however 106 episodes don't exist (at all) because the BBC were dickheads when it came to looking towards the future and junked most of the original tapes and the only hopes are finding VHS tapes of home recordings that are 40 years old.

I can just about remember watching Colin Baker on the telly when I was about 4 or 5. After that it was Sylvester McCoy, of course and then I have seen just about every film and rerun before that. Lost track since the second David Tenant series though.

Tennant was a very good doctor IMO. Very charismatic and if you've seen his performances in anything else you'll know he's a great actor too.

Lucky for watching it originally. All I have is shit VHS tapes from years ago (none are the missing ones unfortunately) and torrents.