So what do people think of the idea to introduce rush hours, congestion and general traffic at certain times of the day and in certain areas?

I understand that it's annoying enough in real life, so why would we possibly want it in a video game? Well I was stuck in traffic yesterday (IRL), and I thought how brilliant it would be to drive a tank/truck/lorry/[insert large vehicle type here] straight through all the traffic. Then I also thought about how convenient it would be to drive on the wrong side of the road to evade all the traffic, or perhaps just use the hard shoulder!

I think that it would add to the atmosphere of being in a large city. For example, Star junction in liberty city was almost always dead and felt pretty lifeless. Maybe this would liven things up, besides i'm sure no-one here would actually stop and wait in traffic!

Didn't they have that, to an extent, in IV?

In that during certain times of the day you had more cars on the road and at night there were less?

To really work though they'd have to slow down the game's clock quite a bit, otherwise rush hour time would be here and gone before you could completely register it.

Didn't they have that, to an extent, in IV?

In that during certain times of the day you had more cars on the road and at night there were less?

To really work though they'd have to slow down the game's clock quite a bit, otherwise rush hour time would be here and gone before you could completely register it.

They did but it wasn't much really, then a realistic mod came out for it and it was fucking ridiculous.

This would be cool because there could be trains, ferrys, planes to beat the traffic.

I loved in GTA SA where you kill someone or light a fire and the fire truck or ambulance show up.

I would love cops to pull people over for speeding and give them tickets. :D

yeah but not to the extent to where if you start a mission that you need to drive far and fast in and the highway is packed, so you are unable to move.

Yeah, I would hate having to drive somewhere at lightning speed and there were already a shitton of cars on the road.

GTA is about driving fast, not sitting in traffic. They might as well put a car seat and crying kid in the backseat to make it more miserable.