GTA 5 Trailer 2 Analysis Scene-By-Scene
Posted by TreeFitty November 14, 2012 : 44 Comments : 46,059 Views
Song: Stevie Wonder - Skeletons
Scene 1 - Observatory
- Kind of a reverse view from what we have been seeing of Los Santos.
Scene 2 - Michael's house
- The mansion with tennis court we we're shown in August screenshots, higher view looking at neighborhood
- Gardener working on far left lawn
- Mules in background
- Old car (Peyote) on far right, partially off screen
- A black 9F (Audi R8 Spider) sits in the driveway
- Inside we see Amanda and Tracy, Michael's wife and daughter, arguing about a boy staying over. Note the tramp stamp. The tennis mansion is Michael's house.
- Detailed kitchen
- Michael relaxes by the pool as mentioned in previews
- Water looks good
- "You know I've been in this game for a lot of years? I got out alive. If you want my advice, give the shit up."
Scene 3 - The busy city
- A freight train runs under a highway interchange with tanker cars
- Buses (red and orange variants), pickup truck (possibly Contender), and multiple cars ride overhead
- Looks like garbage trucks on a far, lower roadway in the middle
- Downtown Los Santos in background
Scene 4 - Convoy
- Tractor trailers with shipping containers, dump trucks, and coach buses cruise the desert highways
- Wind turbines on the left
- Large satellite dishes off to the right (possibly based on NASA's Goldstone facility)
Scene 5 - Desert life
- Right near the satellite dishes a town is shown
- Two peds fighting, another drug-addict-looking woman in the background
- "No Dogs Allowed" sign among other details
- Old vehicles: Tornado rolls through and the other is a truck of some kind
Scene 6 - Washed up
- Trailer home caught in a rural flood
- Trevor looks like he is going to shoot the man in the flood
Scene 7 - Watch your head
- Trevor grabs a man and slams his head against the bar, blood sprays
- Billiards table back left
- Terrarium or fishtank in back room, one of the many details throughout the trailer and game
- Blarney's and Logger beer bottles
Scene 8 - Trevor yelling
- Trevor's last name is Phillips
- "The guns and crank in this area go through Trevor Phillips Enterprises or they ain't goin'!"
Scene 9 - Off road fun
- Trevor kicks up dust in a Bandito
- Satellites in background
- Cement mixer driving through background
- Near the desert airport (towards the right) seen later in Scene 24
Scene 10 - Let it burn
- Trevor tosses a Molotov and ignites a house
- An ignition trail says he used a gas can similar to previews
- Many details including outlets
- The house blows apart
Scene 11 - Trevor at old gas station
- "I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ignore the bodies."
- There has obviously been a fight as bodies lay in the background
- This appears to be the same desert location in the first trailer featuring the hooker and Phoenix
Scene 12 - Port of Los Santos
- The Gerald Desmond Bridge is shown with Downtown in the distance as night falls
- A few vehicles including what might be a Benson soda truck on the left
Scene 13 - North of the port
- Another freight train with shipping container cars (8 of them) and a red bus cruise through the streets
- Vincent Thomas Bridge in middle background
- LA Coliseum off to the right
Scene 14 - Beach bench
- Santa Monica area with Del Perro Pier
- Michael, Franklin, and possibly Lamar who asks Michael where Berto(?) Beach House is. Michael points them in the right direction
- Yellow house behind them is based on 1329 Palisades Road
- "Ballas " written on bench - will they and other gangs return in GTAV?
- This is possibly where Franklin and Michael meet for the first time.
Scene 15 - Repo
- Franklin repos a white 9F and drives it away
- House is based on 1327 Palisades Beach Road (has yellow stairs on beach side), next to the house behind Franklin in the previous scene
- Bobcat security(?) sign next to driveway
- License plate of 9F says "SA Exempt"
- 101 Ocean Ave along highway on right
- The person who is possibly Lamar appears to be in the red car leading him around
- Many vehicles including possibly a Pony and Manana on the highway
- In the background of the highway part you can spot a Xoomer gas station sign
- Can see the 9F's suspension at work as it comes close to the camera
- Up-n-Atom shown in background of street shot
Scene 16 - Franklin's Family
- Woman who appears to be Franklin's girlfriend
- "I don't care how many cars you own, you ain't changing!"
- Fancy place is fancy - does Franklin use the cars he repos to appear wealthier to her?
- Possibly Chateau Marmont outside left window when looking at her
Scene 17 - Dropping cars
- A tractor trailer carrying cars drops one (Aston Martin DB5 type) as police pursue the truck
- Great detail as we pass the car
- This scene leads to one of the screenshots from August with Franklin on the truck's trailer.
- The LA Coliseum is in the background
Scene 18 - Franklin and Lamar(?)
- Lamar: "I can get my money in the hood. I'm cool!"
- Franklin: "Cool what? Slinging dope and throwing up gang signs?"
- The yellow house behind them is the same one from Scene 14 with Michael pointing them away
- House numbers appear to be prevalent - will characters have actual addresses?
Scene 19 - Highway wreck
- Cars collide as Franklin (white F620) chases a very expensive blue car (Cheetah)
Scene 20 - Therapist
- Michael talks with a therapist about his son Jimmy, a "good kid" as we will see...
- "VAIN" magazine on table behind Michael
Scene 21 - Family affair
- A young white male holds onto a swaying sail boat boom being trucked along a freeway. Franklin is on the boat and Michael is driving a red car (confirmed Sentinel) behind them.
- Michael weaves through traffic to catch the young man before he hits the pavement.
- We can safely assume the young kid is Jimmy, helping his father and Franklin.
- Note the food truck, possibly tacos. We also see a white Washington and blue Dilettante. The sail boat is a Marquis and the truck hauling it is a Phantom.
- Airport can be seen in the background right before the catch as we approach the Vincent Thomas Bridge to the port
Scene 22 - We're bouncing now
- Michael and Jimmy are in a car
- Apparently Jimmy is a wigger (or wigga for those who may be offended :P )
- Jimmy: "Hey let's bounce"
- Michael: "Bounce? We're bouncing now..."
- "Nutsaki" or "Nutsakt" company name back left, uniform shop back right
- Blue sports car rides through background (possibly the car resembling a Lotus Elise in a screenshot)
Scene 23 - Trevor stomps the yard
- We see Trevor finishing someone on the ground
- Some colorful people watch
- Possibly Ron (Trevor's neighbor) on the left
- Woman on right appears to be wearing a biker jacket with blank panels
- Old sign says "Sandy Shores Beach Front Recreation Area, Welcome"
Scene 24 - Flying around
- Trevor takes control of a small red and white airplane (Cuban 800, a vehicle in Max Payne 3 files)
- He takes off from a desert airport with bullets hitting the plane and flies around the mountains
- Motorcycles and black vans with wing logos are at the airport. Same logo appears on the Slamvan in the Lost and Damned - did Trevor interfere with their expanding business?
- Freight train seen again on the bridge we've been seeing in screenshots
- He's chasing another plane through the valley (lower right near the end)
Scene 25 - Boom!
- A vault gets blown open
- Another explosion rocks a loading dock
Scene 26 - Chop chop
- A rottweiler runs past a black car (likely Chop as seen in Franklin's artwork) while two passengers shoot handguns from the car. There are at least three people in the car, possibly the protagonists.
- Missing person/pet poster on telephone pole, Cluckin' Bell billboard in background
Scene 27 - Sliding across the hood
- A quick action shot in an old railyard as mentioned by a sign back-left
- Unknown who the man and driver with safety vest are
- The man sliding across is looking back at a bright light off to the far left, possibly a flashlight on a gun (good reason to run away) - was he trying to steal something valuable from the warehouses?
- 6th Street Bridge in background
Scene 28 - Running across the hood
- The same car (Emperor) and driver as Chop runs across the hood in a different area
- There is a white Contender on the left.
Scene 29 - Long way down
- Michael rappels down a building (IAA buidling, real life California Plaza) as shown in previews and screenshots
- People can be seen in the windows as Michael moves past
Scene 30 - Bugstars
- A very quick shot of a glass case being broken into with the Bugstars uniform
- Jewelry store, likely same exact one from first trailer
Scene 31 - Highway at night
- Franklin speeds away from exploding cars along the Del Perro Freeway at night
Scene 32 - Bail
- A Jeep look-alike (Bodhi) rolls out of the back of a cargo plane (is this the C-130-type spotted in Max Payne 3 multiplayer?), Trevor jumps with a parachute
- Awesome lighting as we exit
- The desert area below looks massive.
- Highway from Scene 4 towards the left. Satellite dishes in the middle. Likely the airstrip from Scene 24 on the right
Scene 33 - Dirt bikes and Quads
- A race on Sanchez bikes and Quads through a rural area. Another scene related to an August screenshot.
- Even small crashes look good
- Franklin pulls ahead in the red jacket
Scene 34 - Trevor train wreck
- Trevor hangs on to the top of a moving freight train locomotive
- There is an earpiece of some kind in his ear
- Tow truck very early on left roadway and larger wrecker behind Trevor
- Two trains collide on the same rail bridge we have been seeing, Trevor gets launched off
- Locomotives bend from the force of the impact
- Rail company is "Go Loco"
Scene 35 - Introductions
- Another scene from recent previews shows Michael introducing Franklin (the son he always wanted) to Trevor (his best friend) before the rappelling mission
- Buzzard attack helicopter
- Trevor says Michael's therapist has a lot to answer for - did the therapist tell Michael to get back into this business?
Scene 36 - Nighthawk
- Military jet (Hydra?) shoots missiles at a police helicopter
- Two police helicopters have their spotlights on the same location
Scene 37 - Ruh-roh, Raggy
- The three protagonists see something they all think isn't right. Similar to the Three Wise Monkeys (see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil).
Add what you saw in the comments below and join the forum discussions!
Make A Comment
Sorry, comments have been disabled for this article.