Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

PS3 Surround Sound Bar

Guest Marney1

I want one of these but don't fancy paying £180 for it, if anyone finds it cheaper let me know. I don't want anything like it, I want the official Sony one.

21g0SAvaAfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Get some poor sod to buy you one for christmas, you got one of those things haven't you... an um, a...uh...a... wife! That's it, wife. Get her to get it for you, and buy her a £3.99 bottle of perfume in return.

Guest Marney1

Get some poor sod to buy you one for christmas, you got one of those things haven't you... an um, a...uh...a... wife! That's it, wife. Get her to get it for you, and buy her a £3.99 bottle of perfume in return.

£3.99? Pfft - I picked a bottle up from Poundland the other day, the wrapping paper cost me a pound too so it wasn't that great of a deal.

Anyway, this sound bar I want, I want it real bad but I'm still not coming across any sellers with a price below £180. :(

Why? Have you seen it in use? Is Sony's (and sound bars in general) actually impressive?

Not knocking it, I want one too. I just haven't seen any surround sound bar in use though so I'm sceptical.

Guest Marney1

Why? Have you seen it in use? Is Sony's (and sound bars in general) actually impressive?

Not knocking it, I want one too. I just haven't seen any surround sound bar in use though so I'm sceptical.

I haven't seen/heard it in use but I have faith in Sony products, always have because they're proven quality. I read a few reviews on Amazon (or somewhere) and they were all like 4/5 - 5/5 stars for it. If you find any deals on one let me know.........yo!

You colud probably get a half decent 5.1 surround system for half the price of this. U could get a very good system for the same price. I think some people would pay it just so they can go,"hey look guys, I've got myself an overpriced speaker with a ps3 badge on it"

Sony always impress with their hardware... You pay for the quality that comes with the name. But then again you said "some people" and tbh I agree with you a little there.

I really like the look of it but for the time being I'm getting a Logitech Z-506 5.1 system. It's only £70 and it's like a modified version of their PC 5.1 systems, all built in to the sub, but it has extra inputs and the surround sound is "3D".. so I'm not expecting much in the ways of true surround but then again, I don't particularly fuss over the 5.1 element> I just know logitech does loud and clear really well in my bedroom/office set up, and the center and satellite speakers will just be a nice added extra I can place on the back of my bed (not the center speaker, silly) for extra oomph. I needed to get something for Skyrim. There's no way I'm playing that through my TV.