Truth

Computer help

Not really.

Internet and tv are on different frequencies. It depends on how many splitters are in front of that splitter. Most modems work ok at -12db plus and with a two way splitter you loose -3.5db.

But if you got a 5 way splitter at the utility connection already, then you add another splitter to that you could be getting close....

It won't affect speed of the internet either way, but picture quality on the tv and lost connection on the modem (having to power cycle the modem 2-3 times a week are the main symptoms of low db

• Like 1

Looking to upgrade my video card. Currently have a GeForce GTX 645 and was thinking about upgrading to a GeForce GTX 750Ti. Worth it?

GTX 750Ti - $153.99

Base Clock: 1176 MHz

Boost Clock: 1255 MHz

Memory Clock: 5400 MHz Effective

CUDA Cores: 640

2048MB GDDR5 128bit Memory

Well, if you don't want to spend a fortune on a 780 like the cool kids, sure. It's worth the upgrade. More than enough for GTA V, when the time comes. I would want at least 760 for V, personally.

All my games play very well, some games I get severe frame rate drops when I move to all Ultra (Battlefield is only really it) but I figured I could use a performance update anyway as more never hurts. I'll hold off for a few months to get some more income for the 760.

760 will be able to run GTA V on high with a heavy ENB preset, no doubt. Definitely worth the extra $100. And trust me, you want to rely on ENB. Ultra settings tend to come with performance fuckups, and still won't look as good as high + ENB.

I can grab some Skyrim screens, if you're not familiar with ENB.

• Like 1

Here's an example of what they can do. This guy compares a lot of different presets, but he doesn't show default Skyrim, so I'll find some appropriate screenshot comparisons, too. If you've played Skyrim, though, you can tell which presets look most like default.

Two of my favorite ENB presets for Skyrim are Insomnia:

54346-3-1401353481.png

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/54346/?

And Saraan Suum:

43765-3-1390455494.jpg

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/43765/?

Ignore the out of place, anime-looking characters in their screenshots. People on the Nexus are retarded and lacking style.

Oh, and most of the GTA Picture Thread is Dup's screenshots of IV with ENB.

• Like 1

Anyone have, or have knowledge of, Stopsign internet security from eAccleration? All that ive heard online is that it isn't worth crap...

Anyone have, or have knowledge of, Stopsign internet security from eAccleration? All that ive heard online is that it isn't worth crap...

Get McAfee or Kaspersky.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I switched the modem into my room today (kept our service, didn't get Verizon), wired my Xbox and am getting an Ethernet in the mail tomorrow to wire my computer. Is there any need to secure a wired connection? Is it safer compared to a wireless connection?

Mcaffee sucks.

I had a key-logger virus on my shop pc, which enabled criminals to get my credit card processing information, switch the payable to bank accounts and steal 2500 from me..... McAfee didn't detect nothing...