Qdeathstar

Possibilities of GTA being a CO-OP game?

CO-OP  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Soooo I guess a certain 2 members won't be buying GTA V.. their loss. Hah Hah!
Hey what? co-op wasn't confirmed was it? Three protagonists doesn't count as co-op unless I've missed something.

With the introduction of 3 different characters in the Single Player format. This makes me think that they will try several different co-op modes with 3 or more people.

For instance Horde modes with either Zombies or Gangs/ Police, and maybe Heist Missions plus other missions which have yet to be identified.

Now some of you might say a Co-Op Horde Mode is boring and wouldn't work in an open sandbox game like GTA. But I think with all the details that came out in GI's latest issue, like the three characters having specific roles within the group when on heists, and each having a different Role/Weapon ( One Driving/One Sniping/ And the other with an Automatic Weapon providing covering fire ) in Vehicles ( cars/ helicopters/ and maybe jets for just two players ).

Meaning there could be classes that could be created for each individual player in a co-op mode ( like a class that is more adept with Heavy Weapons and provides most of the Firepower during Missions ). Vehicles could play a part in the modes other than heist missions, just like the helicopter setup mentioned in GI's article, but maybe for other vehicles like Cars where one player drives while you're being pursued by the police and you all have to make it to the other side of the map ( to deliver a package or something ). Another player uses a machine gun, and another a grenade/rocket launcher, the fourth is the one who is the best getaway driver.

Or if there were battles with the Army there could be a tank setup where one player controls the Main Cannon and Drives the tank, another uses the Machine Gun and another the Anti-Aircraft Gun.This is kind of like Battlefield's Multiplayer but in the Sandbox of Los Santos and the surrounding countyside ( Desert/ Forests/Small Redneck Towns/Hollywood Sets/ Hood Area/ Military Bases/ Venice Beach/Downtown/ Mansions of Beverly Hills ). Hell that could be a part of a multiplayer mode as well, with helicopters/ jets and ground forces as well ( Imagine if there was Building Destruction too.......... Ahh it's good to dream :D ).

The co-op vehicles and gameplay would also translate well to the Horde Mode. Mowing down zombies with vehicles ( cars/motorbikes ) customised with chainswas and massive blades on either side of the car/bike while the other players shoot from the windows. Or if it was waves of gangs/police, the cars could be upgraded to be more resistant to bullets with armour plating and bullet resistant windows, while aslo adding attached Heavy Machine Guns, Mini-Guns, Grenade Machine Guns, if you have a truck with a bed in the back where you can put these things so one person can use the Heavy weapon while the other two drive and shoot, with the Driver driving and shooting with a sub machine gun and the passenger either using an assault rifle or something a little bigger.

There are so many possibilities for great co-op modes in a GTA game! :jumpy:

Just some rambling ideas I had when I woke up this morning. :whistle: