Sign in to follow this  
Weazel

What causes textures to disappear in gta games?

For example during my third or fourth playthrough of San Andreas years ago, I remember a minor problem that started increasing and increasing until it bacome a major pain in the a**. where the ground would become same color as the sky and it would appear as if your flying, I really forgot if other stuff dissappeared too.I'm asking this however because i'm starting to expirience a somewhat similar problem in gta 4, i played 4 and tlad with no problems, but now in tbogt the game would lag for very few seconds and at that time if i look around it would appear that some place was missing. Now I have no problem with it since it happens for a very few times, but I noticed it was increasing slightly and i fear it may follow SA's footsteps. So is it my ps3/ps2 or the game's fault?

It's caused by when the hardware can't load and render the textures quickly enough. In most cases it's nothing wrong with your hardware, it's more that the game is too graphically intense and/or is poorly optimised.

It wasn't such a problem in GTA IV because it had low-res textures for the ground which could be loaded more quickly, followed by the full resolution textures. This is why you sometimes see the road turn blurry and then become sharper all of a sudden.

Older consoles can start to slow down so you may see it happening more often, but there's not a lot you can do about it.

It's caused by when the hardware can't load and render the textures quickly enough. In most cases it's nothing wrong with your hardware, it's more that the game is too graphically intense and/or is poorly optimised.

It wasn't such a problem in GTA IV because it had low-res textures for the ground which could be loaded more quickly, followed by the full resolution textures. This is why you sometimes see the road turn blurry and then become sharper all of a sudden.

Older consoles can start to slow down so you may see it happening more often, but there's not a lot you can do about it.

:( Thanks for the reply, Here's hoping it will be able to run gta 5 smoothly.Eventhough i have a pc that can run bf3 and skyrim on max setting I love to play gta games on my playstation.