Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

PS3 Triangle of Death

Guest Marney-1

So I'm trying to play Max Payne 3 on the PS3 and whenever I have to press the triangle to inspect things or open doors the button doesn't work at all. I figured out that the only way to make it work is to press the > directional button AND the triangle simultaneously - not hold one then press the other, actually hit both buttons at the same time.

post-10-0-56155300-1337437018.jpg

Anyone ever had this problem? It won't work at all and only happens to me on Max Payne 3 started happening since I threw Max Payne 3 in, it was working fine before on games like L.A. Noire.

Haven't got max payne yet because I'm poor so cant say it happens to me in the game (obviously). Have you tried any other games to see if it works fine on them? sounds like a controller issue to me if its like that on everything.

Sounds like the controller is shorting, may be related to gunk or something. You're a plumber right? Do you happen to have any Isopropynol lying around? If so, dip a cotton bud into it and give the electronics within the controller a cleaning, make sure its turned off and let it dry (which shouldn't be difficult cos Isopropynol dries fast)

Guest Marney-1

Haven't got max payne yet because I'm poor so cant say it happens to me in the game (obviously). Have you tried any other games to see if it works fine on them? sounds like a controller issue to me if its like that on everything.

It's not a direct consequence of putting Max Payne 3 in my PS3 it's not working at all, on the XMB, other games whatever, just so happens it decided to stop working now. It's a pain in the arse and only for me being able to press the right > button on the D-pad at the same time to make it work I'd be completely knackered.

Just seem odd that it needs help from a button on the opposite end of the controller. :huh:

Sounds like the controller is shorting, may be related to gunk or something. You're a plumber right? Do you happen to have any Isopropynol lying around? If so, dip a cotton bud into it and give the electronics within the controller a cleaning, make sure its turned off and let it dry (which shouldn't be difficult cos Isopropynol dries fast)

Don't keep isoproynol lying round my home, fuck that - I know what you mean though. Just not sure I want to open it [controller] up right now, I don't have a back up one.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway, I'll let you know what happens when I have the balls to open it up.

Guest Marney-1

Part of what looked to be an automated Sony support response:

To make sure we have provided you with the best solution please attempt to reset the controller:

* Locate the small reset button on the bottom of the controller near the L2 shoulder button.

* Use a small, unfolded paper-clip or something similar to click the button (the button is inside a tiny hole on the back of your controller).

* After resetting the controller, re-pair with the PlayStation®3 system by connecting the USB cable from controller to the system and pressing the PS button.

* Attempt to pair the controller to a different PlayStation 3 system to determine if the issue is with the system or the controller.

Fuck off knobheads.

Why don't you change the controls in-game, to switch out triangle with a button that's not really used much? Maybe the quick 180 button (down on d-pad)? (That's if you can change controls individually) - Until you can get a new one.

Guest Marney-1

Why don't you change the controls in-game, to switch out triangle with a button that's not really used much? Maybe the quick 180 button (down on d-pad)? (That's if you can change controls individually) - Until you can get a new one.

I've gotten used to pressing both buttons now but yeah, I suppose I should have looked at that option earlier.

Guest Marney-1

I've got five ps3 controllers, send me you're address and I'll dispatch one

Marney

West Tower

Liverpool

Thanks