Sign in to follow this  
Qdeathstar

Why Do You Think Gta 1 And Gta2 Weren't As Popular And Do You Think Well Be Able To Play Them In Gta 5

I was just sitting here thinking about not playing gta 1 and I was wondering why that is. From all accounts they were pretty good games yet noone plays them, but I can't quite put my finger on what makes them less popular....

Also, I was thinking there might be a mission where you need a tech/geek to help you in some sort of bank hiest... And you might have to complete a mission in gta2 while playing gta; in order to convince him that yur l33t enough for him to help you.

So, what to you think?

PS MODS this is a serious topic please don't delete.

My Penis, Your Ass

The gameplay and graphics most likely. "Graphics don't make a game" I know, but why would you play a game with shitty graphics when there are better games focused on the same type of gameplay, like the GTA III-IV era.

*moved to Other GTA Games*

They aren't popular because GTA didn't blow up until GTA III and most people by then couldn't go back to playing top-down games by that point.

Also it's ludicrous to think they'd put them in GTA V...those are long full games. The only games I'd expect to see are more arcade style games like you see in San Andreas and IV.

Would be cool to be able to play gta1 on an arcade machine. Would be a bit like in the last Metal Gear Solid when you go back to shadow moses and take you back to the first game.

• Like 1

The top down view, although innovative at the time for this kind of game, was restrictive. It didn't work well in a sandbox world (I know it was one of the first sandbox games, but, you know what i mean). Did you ever try playing GTA 3 top down? It was very difficult to take in, and to judge where traffic would be at high speeds. What they did with Chinatown Wars was better. If they were able to do that back when the first GTA games were out, it would've been more of a hit back then.

*moved to Other GTA Games*

They aren't popular because GTA didn't blow up until GTA III and most people by then couldn't go back to playing top-down games by that point.

Also it's ludicrous to think they'd put them in GTA V...those are long full games. The only games I'd expect to see are more arcade style games like you see in San Andreas and IV.

They don't have to put the full game in though, maybe just the last mission or something.. EG: L33t Gamer stuck on last level needs to get to 100%, if you get to 100% I will give hax for you.. Think of the parody it would hold for those wankers who want to get to 100%