Max Payne 3 Delay Points To Late 2012 GTA 5 Release Date
Posted by Psy January 17, 2012 : 82 Comments : 22,911 Views
Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive have today confirmed Max Payne 3 has been delayed by 2 months - from March until May this year. We had previously speculated that a March launch for Max Payne meant that GTA 5 was likely to launch in mid-to-late 2012, however given the delay to MP3, it now seems late 2012 is the only available launch window for the new Grand Theft Auto game.
Given the amount of advertising Rockstar are already doing with Max Payne - and based on previous titles they have released, it's unlikely they will launch two major games within a few months. This would seemingly rule out a summer release for GTA 5, meaning it could be back to it's usual slot at the end of October.
Of course nothing has yet been confirmed about GTA 5's release date, but Max Payne's launch date of May 15th, 2012 almost certainly ends the dreams of the hundreds of GTA fans who bought into the "2405" speculation from the first official GTA 5 trailer and entered our release date competition. Last time I checked, over 200 of you had entered May 24th as the estimated release date for GTA V. Looks like someone else will be winning a free copy of the game!
What do you think about the Max Payne 3 delay? Will it effect GTA 5's release date? Will Rockstar launch both games within a few months? Do you regret entering the competition with 24/05? Do you think we'll even see GTA 5 in 2012? Are there too many questions here? Let us know in the comments!
All content created by and property of iGTA5.com and must not be reproduced without express written permission. © 2011-2023 iGTA5.com
- smokey (Guest) April 13, 2012it spos to be released in OCT! But how is that even earley 2012? if anything its close to the end of 2012 :S why wait for the world to end, stupid rockstar!!
- police241 (Guest) March 26, 2012gta v Release Date:September 1, 2012
- fan of gta5 (Guest) March 26, 2012i now that we are waiting for gta 5 (including me). i think it will be realaesed in july
- DrewGTAV2012 (Guest) March 26, 2012by the way i love this site. its better than rockstar's website and everywhere else in my opinion. (props to who ever created this website)
- DrewGTAV2012 (Guest) March 26, 2012just face it guys. we aint gonna know a damn thing for a long time... maby we should all give up hope... cause thats what im doing. screw looking for info. im gonna wait till it comes to me.
just expect the worst. and dont waste your time "hoping" for the best
we wont get any new information until 2013 and the game wont be released until 2014
gta v will be on all new consoles
so we get the wonderful luxury of spending all of our money on a brand new game system just to play gta v
and unless were rich. we will be stuck waiting and watching youtube videos of other people playing gta v until we can save up our money for ps4 and xbox720. and that will take at least till 2015
so yeah. just expect the worst. we wont get to play gta v until 2015. F*CK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- TreeFitty (Guest) February 25, 2012It doesn't directly as far as development but Rockstar/Take-Two like to space out game releases.
- Rikkiz (Guest) February 25, 2012I believe this doesn't affect GTA V's release date since Rockstar North works on GTA V, not Max Payne 3.
- GTA PRO (Guest) February 22, 2012I bet GTA V might be released in July or somethng, After all the hype cools down from MP3 Rockstar might want to release on independence day or something. But well just have to wait and See! ;)
- lookin4Dates (Guest) February 22, 2012hey guys atleast we know there hard at work on it, and they have been for four years, so atleast when we eventually get a release date it'll be set in stone.. as for mp3 that looks impressive also and will keep us occupied untill gta5 (platinum here i come lol) as for release date, in my opinion it'll be the end of the year october-november time, because releasing it to close to mp3 will prevent them from maximising profits for mp3 its basic business ethics, oh and one last thing CMON GTA5!!!! Caged_animal09 psn
Make A Comment
Sorry, comments have been disabled for this article.
I HOPE IAM WRONG, but we need to be realist :)