GTA Online: The Previews
Posted by OptimumPx August 15, 2013 : 28 Comments : 17,581 Views
Various different websites, such as CVG, Gamespot, Gamestar (German), and JeuxActu (French), have come out with their previews...but what do they have to say?
Well it seems that the video merely scratched the surface:
- Won't be launched until after October 1st via a patch to the main game
- The events of the multiplayer take place before the main story of GTA V
- From launch until it's release there will be a countdown timer in the main game
- You enter GTA Online by selecting your multiplayer avatar from the character wheel
- When you switch over you'll automatically be added to game shared with 16 other players
- There's a matchmaking system to add you with players who have the appropriate skill level or with friends
- Missions can be launched on the fly, i.e. run into another player and challenge them to a race you created yourself
- When you rob a bank or convenience store, whoever has the loot has to divide it up or flee with all the profits
- If your buddy does run off with the loot you can chase him down and take it for yourself
- Whenever you're killed whatever money you have will be taken by the other player so make sure to deposit your money in the bank as often as possible
- Whenever you take a mission its up to you and the other players how you want to go about achieving the goal.
- There is no right or wrong way to go about it
- You can still change the difficulty level and time of day
- Switching from free roam to missions is seamless with almost no time spent in menus
- You can buy apartments to live in and garages to store your cars (which are permanent and won't disappear)
- You can buy insurance for your cars so you can have it back even if it's been blasted to smithereens
- If another player is being chased by the cops you can tune into your apartment's TV and watch the chase in real-time on the News
- When you complete missions you build up Reputation Points (or RP for short). The more RP you have the more people you can meet and call in favors from
- Favors range from hiding your radar blip from other players to calling in an airstrike on a target. These can be called at any time no matter what you're doing
Also check out the 12 new screenshots that accompanied the preview articles:
Come and tell what you think in Our Forums!
Make A Comment
Sorry, comments have been disabled for this article.