Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Gun crime in your city

Guest Marney1

Are shootings a regular occurance where you live? I'm just wondering because the common perception is that American cities are the worst.

This is a map of shootings (quite a few fatals) where I live since the beginning of this year.

Guest Marney1

Where can I get this map of shootings? or did you make it yourself?

Bradford is pretty shit for gun crime in all honesty.

My local newspaper (Liverpool Echo)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=211731659263515433730.00049d1b4d8e14404c160&ll=53.423446,-2.92717&spn=0.143209,0.315857&z=11&source=embed

I presume the paper just updates it themselves though as a mini feature at the end of any shooting story.

Do you have a rape map of where Massacre lives?

And I live in the murder capital of Canada, not so many shootings though, and whenever there is one, whoever is shooting tends to miss from point blank range for some reason

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

And I live in the murder capital of Canada, not so many shootings though, and whenever there is one, whoever is shooting tends to miss from point blank range for some reason

There's a reason for that, Canadians only fire blanks.

There's a reason for that, Canadians only fire blanks.

We're so nice eh? We dont want to shoot our local drug dealer, just scare him eh

• Like 1

Are shootings a regular occurance where you live? I'm just wondering because the common perception is that American cities are the worst.

This is a map of shootings (quite a few fatals) where I live since the beginning of this year.

We have very few shootings in Norway, but there's a shooting in Oslo every second week or so. Someone usually calls the police just if they glimpse a gun, or saw something that could have been a gun. And now after the terror attack it's getting even worse. :rolleyes:

I wish I lived near in the Anfield - West Derby area, looks like it could be interesting.

I don't think American cities are the worst, it's worse in Mexico.

Guest Marney1

We have very few shootings in Norway, but there's a shooting in Oslo every second week or so. Someone usually calls the police just if they glimpse a gun, or saw something that could have been a gun. And now after the terror attack it's getting even worse. :rolleyes:

I wish I lived near in the Anfield - West Derby area, looks like it could be interesting.

If you read the OP properly (FOR A CHANGE!!!!) you'll see that it say's "the common perception is that American cities are the worst" - not...........Jesus, I give up with you kid. I really really do, you disappoint me.

If you read the OP properly (FOR A CHANGE!!!!) you'll see that it say's "the common perception is that American cities are the worst" - not...........Jesus, I give up with you kid. I really really do, you disappoint me.

Sorry but I don't see how what I said is conflicting with the original post.

Guest Marney1

Sorry but I don't see how what I said is conflicting with the original post.

It didn't really, but it was the final straw for me. Maybe I'll forgive you in a few weeks, but for now I could do with less of you. No offence. ;)

Guest Marney1

I'll forgive you because you're French, I understand it can sometimes be a struggle for you to understand the basics of the master language. Even if you are pretty good at it.

• Like 2

I'm living in manchester (aka gunchester) at the moment

1996 saw 28 confirmed shootings with 12 wounded and four dead. In 1997 there were 68 confirmed shootings, with 39 injuries and six deaths. In 1999 more shots were fired in the Manchester area than in any other year, at least 270 (based on found casings), with the majority being in the south Manchester areas of Longsight, Moss Side and Hulme . In 1999 there were 43 gun related injuries and seven fatalities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_crime_in_south_Manchester

It's gotten much better though, only 35 fatalities over the past decade:

This is the map:

http://www.newsmapping.com/manchester.howmanymore.html

Guest Marney1

I'm living in manchester (aka gunchester) at the moment

1996 saw 28 confirmed shootings with 12 wounded and four dead. In 1997 there were 68 confirmed shootings, with 39 injuries and six deaths. In 1999 more shots were fired in the Manchester area than in any other year, at least 270 (based on found casings), with the majority being in the south Manchester areas of Longsight, Moss Side and Hulme . In 1999 there were 43 gun related injuries and seven fatalities.

http://en.wikipedia....outh_Manchester

It's gotten much better though, only 35 fatalities over the past decade:

This is the map:

http://www.newsmappi...owmanymore.html

I know of lots of unreported shootings plus there are certain individuals who are missing, common knowledge though that they've been whacked - and who whacked them. I find it pretty sad that it's gotten to such a level now that things like this barely make it into the local paper anymore. Every little pussy with a gun is just itching to use it. There's been a few funny incidents where the little wannabe gangsters have accidently shot their friend dead while playing with a gun. I love when that happens because you're getting rid of one idiot to the grave and the other to prison.

One lad even put a pistol under his chin and was repeatedly pulling the trigger when it decided to go off, his friend said something like "I heard a bang and he just looked at me as if to say, what have I done..............before dying." :P

Guest Marney1

I think Edmonton is on its 43rd homicide of the year or something ridiculous like that, should start packing a box cutter or something.

Is that down to 43 shootings though?

I think Edmonton is on its 43rd homicide of the year or something ridiculous like that, should start packing a box cutter or something.

Is that down to 43 shootings though?

Nah, according to this site http://www.dipity.com/kmulcahy/Murders-in-Edmonton-in-2011/#list I count 8-9 shootings, and probably double that for stabbings. Some cases they don't release the cause of death though.

But this high of death rate is ridiculously high for Edmonton, it surpassed the record of most deaths in a year in Canada this year.

Yes it has. Do you live here or are you just looking it up?

I live near Southgate mall, going to the U of A for school. I try to break the university bubble by reading the journal every once and awhile hahahaha.