Sign in to follow this  
CFO Charles

Random PS4 display problem

Copypasta from my Reddit.

So I'm not entirely sure this is a firmware problem but at this point I suspect it may be. I woke up and tried to boot up my PS4, but as soon as I turned it on my TV froze. I had no display from the TV and got no response from the remote or buttons except for the on/off buttons. The only way to remedy this was to turn off the PS4 and then physically unplug the TV. At first I thought, "no biggie, my TV is 12 years old and destined for the junkyard anyway." So I setup another TV that I had received from my grandmother. Hooked it up and all seemed fine, but if I change to TV input or turn off the TV I get a blank screen and no input until I turn the PS4 off and then on. I can change to the other component and HDMI inputs just fine, only TV mode, or when the TV is turned off then back on does this happen. Was playing GTAV until about 2 am last night and didn't experience a single problem until I logged in today and noticed a firmware update.

Edit: Just tried two other HDMI cables with no change.

Has anyone else on the interwebz reported the same issue? All I can suggest (which you may have already done) is a full reboot of your console, i.e., selecting the Turn Off completely mode instead of Sleep, unplug and wait a full minute, then start it back up again. You might want to reach out to PSN on Twitter for support too.