Sign in to follow this  
Icecoldbagey

Networking question

Ok so I've got a problem and I'm sure (I hope) someone on these forums will be able to help.

Basically I have wired internet in the house but have moved my Xbox 360 into the garage (got couches in there etc)

Is there anyway I can plug in a wireless router in the garage to pick up the connection from the router in the house, and then use an ethernet cable from the router to the console? I know if there is a way that it will most likely mean a crappy internet connection on the 360 but any help would be appreciated!

If it does mean a slow console connection, then any help improving that would be appreciated too :D

Cheers Cyantist, just had a look on E-bay and they all seem to be in the US. There is one on Amazon for £23.50 (used with no box) or a new one for £80!!!

Still don't know how badly it would affect the connection though : /

Loads of companies do them, I'd steer clear of Belkin though. I had 3 routers from them crap out so I doubt the access points are much better.

I don't think there'd be many effects. You'll probably get the same connection you'd get off your normal wireless.

Ok just a few more questions to bother you with :P

I'm using a talk talk router in the house atm (I know) so if I plug an access point in the garage will it detect it automatically? (without the need for the access point to be connected to a computer) and then just a straight wire from that to the 360?

Cheers (Y)

Ok just a few more questions to bother you with :P

I'm using a talk talk router in the house atm (I know) so if I plug an access point in the garage will it detect it automatically? (without the need for the access point to be connected to a computer) and then just a straight wire from that to the 360?

Cheers (Y)

I think you have to connect a computer by ethernet to it once, open the options on the router and select SSID in there, then it's just a matter of connecting the xbox to it. Is your connection enough to play Xbox on TalkTalk? I had the misfortunate of playing xbox online at a friends who had TalkTalk - Dire to say the least.

• Like 1